Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vaccinations Brandenburg

8 posts in this topic

No, not another general covid thread!

I look on the Brandenburg and Landkreis official info. sites now and then in the hope of seeing some progress. What's there doesn't seem to have changed from early January. (Still doing the first tier, waiting for new supplies, don't even try for an appointment if you're not 80+ etc.)

According to the online Impfrechner, OH, 70s cohort, may get it in April, me, 60s, predicted not until August. (Based on current supplies, uptake etc.)

I was at the doc's yesterday and he said I know as much as he does!

As it seems to vary from state to state (I heard Berlin was making as start on the 70s) I thought it may be useful if you Brandenburgers hear an update, or actually get the jab. Would also be useful to know if one is sent an invite to book a jab, or whether you just have to keep trying when one's cohort comes up. 

Good health to all!

Well the problem is componded by the fact that many young front-line workers are not trusting the AstraZeneca vaccicne in Germany, which put extra strain on the availaibility of the other vaccines.

From the article..

Doctors, nurses and other medical staff often reject AstraZeneca because the vaccine is believed to be less effective against the coronavirus mutations than the mRNA vaccines from BioNTech-Pfizer and Moderna

OH, 70s cohort, may get it in April, me, 60s, predicted not until August.

If you are young enough to qualify for Astra Zeneca, you probably won't have to wait till August.

I thought it may be useful if you Brandenburgers hear an update, or actually get the jab. Would also be useful to know if one is sent an invite to book a jab, or whether you just have to keep trying when one's cohort comes up. 

I think it is a really good idea to have a separate thread for each state. 

Brandenburg has realised that using the emergency number to book appointments is not such a great idea and has decided to follow Berlin and send letters to all residents over 80. Since your spouse doesn't meet the criteria for AZ, he'll have to wait till he gets a letter for one of the vaccines that are in short supply.

High risk patients under 65 will soon be able to book an appointment for an AZ vaccination if the have a letter from their doctor.

On 3/10/2021, 2:10:23, herry said:

any news on free quick tests in brandenburg?

I was at an Apotheke today and there was a notice saying free tests available there, no appointments needed. 

On 3/9/2021, 12:37:51, Feierabend said:

https://brandenburg-impft.de/bb-impft/de/

The AZ vax is now open for the 70+ cohort.

But appointments not necessarily available at all centres yet.

We've kept checking the site and today OH, 70s age group, was able to book his appointment at Schönefeld for next week. (AZ vaccine)

Big relief!