Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Domestic appliance Abuse

16 posts in this topic

Maybe this belongs in the Vent Thread.. but its "no chat"..

So, I am about to take a sledge hammer to a brand new Hoover washer-dryer... The hoover website is utter bollox and wank.

The User manual is written my the twat that writes the Guardian crossword ...

EG... 

Q Can the machine be used as a Dryer only...   

A... Yes

Clearly, any one who actually goes to look for a question like that would like to know how this feature is activated!!   No?

If anyone here has a Hoover Washer/dryer and have discovered the dry only symbol or feature... please advise..

HDPD696AMBC/1-S  is their model number...   German...

wdxa-496a2    is the UK version..

hoover.png

Have you tried Youtube?

The user guide for the drone I was given for my birthday some years ago was rather thin on information.
But I discovered a number of helpful videos on Youtube.

To my contribution:  we have been renovating the Eingangsflur & the wife ordered a replacement shoe rack with a soft seat on top.

Not from IKEA.  Wife started to assemble & then complained "it does not fit together"!  Thing has 3 vertical compartments with shelves

and back panels that slide in.  However I found that the back panels were several mm to wide & one of them was not even square.

Having gained "O" level woodwork at school in the late 1960s I have some decent tools such as a set square (SP will know what that is).

Thus I have been trimming these back panels & so far 2 are glued into place - the 3rd & final one follows today.

How Joe Public or his German equivalent Max Musterperson would manage I dunno.

Yeah... youtubed until I couldntthink of anotherway of asking the same question... 

At this rate.. a shovel will be needed to tidy pick up the peices...

:lol:

Which model do you have? Could you post a link?

I have a Bosch washer/dryer with a dial to choose the program. 

I also have a dial and a touch screen on my Bosch from what I can make out from the photo in the ad, your control panel looks similar.

To dry only I have turn the dial anti-clockwise 1 position for normal dry and 2 positions for "special dry". Then I click the start button. 

I tried looking at the instruction manual, but the manual I found only has a picture of the touch screen display,  but not the dial. 

If it is any comfort, a friend of mine recently got combined washer dryer, and only realised some weeks he was actually only drying the clothes, not washing them.   I do not understand why instruction manuals not to mention dials and control panels have become so difficult to understand.  Some of the symbols are ridiculous.  

29 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

...not to mention dials and control panels have become so difficult to understand.  Some of the symbols are ridiculous.  

That's because IT people stepped into the industry. A colleague of mine went to B/S/H (Bosch Siemens Haushaltgeräte) to make appliances smarter. Smarter is not always easier.

I have an old Neff myself. I only use 40 and 60 degrees Koch/Bunt. The rest of options are for fancy people :).

image.png

Sure, you can use your smart phone to read the washing label and choose the program.  Soo much better than thinking, oh, this is wool, probably need the wool wash.  Wool socks do not have labels.  Knickers these days have wash labels bigger than the actual knickers.  What is the point of all this.

Jep... 

The first 3 to the left (anticlockwise) are the drying Mode.. What got me is it takes in Water!! 

Fürther waiting reveals the stream Injektion Feature.. Hence the Water I take... 

So next Problem... 

How the fuck do I know if the fridge Light goes out when I close the door... :lol:

16 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

How the fuck do I know if the fridge Light goes out when I close the door... :lol:

Put an action cam - or even your smartphone - inside.

Gordon Bennet - do we have to tell you everything?