Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any small-time one-off advisers out there?

4 posts in this topic

I am rather a newbie in Germany, but I have lived in a lot of other European countries and know that all do things a bit differently.

I am looking for financial advice on very simple matters, not tons of investment, insurance, etc., but on stuff like selling out of a single investment held in the UK, depositing the money here, consequences for tax, what documents I need for KYC/AML, all that sort of thing.

Yes, I have made an appointment at the bank about all the documentation and have been asking around about CGT and all that sort of thing. But I want to be doubly sure I am not missing anything, especially something that might just never cross my mind, because it is unique to Germany. Plus an independent adviser might know better than me where to better stash the cash (although I like to keep things plain and simple).

Are there such advisers out there who can provide what I would call case-by-case assistance?

You have been a member of TT for over 12 years & have not realised who the independent advisors are who regularly post here?

BTW: for good advice be prepared to pay a fee.

25 minutes ago, HEM said:

You have been a member of TT for over 12 years & have not realised who the independent advisors are who regularly post here?

BTW: for good advice be prepared to pay a fee.

I joined when I briefly lived in Berlin in the winter of 2008/09, was there again in 2014. I then returned to Germany at the end of last year. Since then, I have lived in other countries, been speaking in completely different languages and living in different systems. When you move around a lot, as you maybe know, you latch onto that system and learn it all, to the detriment of others, where you do not live. I just ended up in Germany by chance.

Of course, one must pay a fee for good advice. All good work should be paid well (especially when it has qualifications and training and knowledge behind it!).

I see that independent advisors post here, but only see those with more of an all-round, catch-all approach, who might not go in for specific, "one-off" advice. Might not be worth their time, which I understand.

To be honest, I was asking more: what Germans do in my position, are there such services offered here?

1 hour ago, Sumarokov-Elston said:

I joined when I briefly lived in Berlin in the winter of 2008/09, was there again in 2014. I then returned to Germany at the end of last year. Since then, I have lived in other countries, been speaking in completely different languages and living in different systems. When you move around a lot, as you maybe know, you latch onto that system and learn it all, to the detriment of others, where you do not live. I just ended up in Germany by chance.

Of course, one must pay a fee for good advice. All good work should be paid well (especially when it has qualifications and training and knowledge behind it!).

I see that independent advisors post here, but only see those with more of an all-round, catch-all approach, who might not go in for specific, "one-off" advice. Might not be worth their time, which I understand.

To be honest, I was asking more: what Germans do in my position, are there such services offered here?

There are advertisers if you look in business.  Paul at CR&Cie answered a question I posted, and I believe is helping my friend, so it may be worth contacting them to see if they offer that sort of service or know anyone who does.