Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Only in France

6 posts in this topic

Arrogant French colonialists are afraid to be recognized as arrogant French colonialists?

So that "overseas French departments" be recognized as "France occupied territories"?

There is always a solution! Hate Israel! Pretend you care about the rights of Palestinians, question that Israel has any right to exist.

Do it, and you can forget about your colonial past. Your Islamist brothers will be happy, too.

On a lighter note:

I haven't found a transscript yet. The rough lines are like this (and I must admit sometimes they were too fast for me):

- Welcome to the restaurant museum. There were always many customers, so they waited at the bar. To keep them happy, a bowl of peanuts was placed in front of them.

- Excuse me, did they all put their fingers into the same bowl?

- Yes, the weren't afraid of practically anything. They embraced, kissed each other, ...

- Kisses, really? Yuck!

- And then they sat down, up to twelve per table, to be merry and eat. Hard to believe this was only a year ago

- Excuse me, did they have restaurants also in the states?

- According to our archeological excavations, it seems that yes, but they were a little more simple than here.

16 hours ago, capslock said:

...did they all put their fingers into the same bowl?

My hygiene obsessed French SIL provides a single spoon to avoid fingers in the bowl. She does not seem to have worked out that we all lick our fingers and then grab the spoon again though. Logically we should all have our own spoon...

Irresponsible and selfish rebel that I am, I used to make a point of not using the spoon. It's a long time since we saw each other...

How the same person tolerates a slobbering dog in her kitchen is a bit beyond me though...