Anyone think I will get fined if I drive from Munich to Meerane, Saxony and back after the 14th?

5 posts in this topic

Reason for travel is to buy a car.

Current 15 Km radius restrictions apparently allow travel for business. Would this be considered business? It certainly isn't a normal "day trip" which have clearly been disallowed.

I can't imagine the rules becoming more stringent after the 14th but who knows...

Anyone else made similar trips recently?

Thank you very much for any information / opinions.

I don't think it would be considered business.  Is there no car within 15km radius that you could buy?

Muenchen.de says:

Mit Beschluss vom 26. Januar hat der Bayerische Verwaltungsgerichtshof das Verbot touristischer Tagesausflüge über einen Umkreis von 15 Kilometern um die Stadt bei einer 7-Tage-Inzidenz über 200 vorläufig außer Vollzug gesetzt. 

So is it a "touristischer Ausflug" - touristy day outing? Doesn't seem like it, and it is business if you're buying something. Driving 100Km to buy some milk obviously isn't going to be acceptable, but buying a car is a bit different. I'd bet you'd be fine, not that I'm not willing to pay the fine for you or anything ;-)

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

I don't think it would be considered business.  Is there no car within 15km radius that you could buy?

There are of course plenty, but all the good deals are way outside of Munich. 

58 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Muenchen.de says:

So is it a "touristischer Ausflug" - touristy day outing? Doesn't seem like it, and it is business if you're buying something. Driving 100Km to buy some milk obviously isn't going to be acceptable, but buying a car is a bit different. I'd bet you'd be fine, not that I'm not willing to pay the fine for you or anything ;-)

Not gonna pay my fine? So stingy of you!   No, my day out has nothing to do with tourism...and in fact I will avoid people like the plague (or like corona!).

I will be buying a car and will have the paperwork (and the car!) to prove it. The question is, will the polizei accept that as a good enough reason. It is partially a health issue: new car has lumbar support, old one doesn't, back is not good as a result.  Right now, that's all the half decent reasoning I have (health wise).

The rest of the reasoning is that I just wanted a better equipped, safer car, at a decent price, hence the 400km radius.