Corona hearing in fine proceedings.

58 posts in this topic

Exactly , it was no point about disobeying the law. And just to explain to the people which jumped immediately that rules are rules and etc. A society is created for people, and not for robots. If we stick blindly to rules, ignoring the human essence, our society will become more inhumane and cold. I give you an example at the beginning of Corona , the employer asked to report  if you got Corona so he can check the employees you were in contact with and isolate them. According to just following rules, you could be a total robot and ignore this, as the law says clear, that you are not obliged to specify the sickness reason to employer.

4 hours ago, MandarinDuck said:

According to just following rules, you could be a total robot and ignore this, as the law says clear, that you are not obliged to specify the sickness reason to employer.

Bollocks the law does not say this.  Notifiable diseases are different.  

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Bollocks the law does not say this.  Notifiable diseases are different.  

See another law I am not fully aware about :)) . In that case, I assume that the doctor writes it on the sick note.

Maybe the disease was not classified yet as notifiable. You enter in details, my point is that you need to count on people will for the good of others, as laws will never cover all the scenarios. But if you threat them like money milking citizens, you could end having the opposite effect. People are different as individuals / culture, and some of them can become stubborn and do the things opposite as long as law cannot do anything. Just watch how justice can be done differently .

Judge Goes Viral With Compassionate Verdicts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkjFYbVT34

Some of you pointed out that I broke the rule and I should pay the fine and not complain anymore. Sorry but now I need to ask something as well, especially that the warm weather came.

Most of the people are not respecting the rules, for example my neighbors are meeting with more than one member of other household. So for the sake of the rules, in your opinion I should call police now every time when more than two people are visiting them ?

I will not do that of course, as this is not the world I want to live in, but wanted to point out that some of you have no  comprehension and do not understand the human nature.

6 hours ago, catjones said:

germany is a country of judges, not judgement.

You make it sound as if that was a bad thing. Would you rather leave things to everybody´s own judgement?

1 hour ago, jeba said:

You make it sound as if that was a bad thing. Would you rather leave things to everybody´s own judgement?

As if there is no middle ground to be found between these extremes... Yes, it is a bad thing, if you want to police people so badly, join the police force. If you don’t: live and let live like Spidey says. 

1 hour ago, Dubya said:

As if there is no middle ground to be found between these extremes... Yes, it is a bad thing, if you want to police people so badly, join the police force. If you don’t: live and let live like Spidey says. 

Do you see the irony in your post? Is there no middle ground? Like not joining the police but reporting e.g. the jerk who litters the forest?

Berlin has no curfew and each time new rules were introduced there was a grace period.  At the grocery store, in the key streets, etc.  The one in the grocery store went on a bit too long in my view (several days to a week) and even the police that sometimes patrol the high streets are rarely handing out fines and mostly reminding people to put on their masks.  I have the impression that you get a fine for being a blatant scofflaw, not having a mask with you, or giving a retort, instead of just going "oh my bad" and slipping on your mask.

As for the OP, that is really, really poor--hanging out in the parking lot less than 24 hours after the rule is implemented and popping people as they come out.  It's not like they raided a speakeasy or something, they went directly to a legally opened business and fined people who were either unaware of the rule or interpreted it differently (who the HELL would think it's illegal to visit a business that is legally selling to the public? :huh:) and shook down regular citizens.  I'm not necessarily always an ACAB, but that's pretty bastardy behavior in my book.

2 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

...that's pretty bastardy behavior in my book.

Yes. Filling up the state coffers the easy way. Nothing more, nothing less. Spades and spades.

Did they repeal that law yet in England where all males of serviceable age are still required to do hours of archery practice on a Sunday? I guess the people on this forum would argue that the non-compliant rebels should be fined cos the law is the law is the law.;)

11 hours ago, jeba said:

You make it sound as if leaving things to everyone's own judgement is a bad thing.  Heaven forbid people being self-reliant and not state-reliant.

1 hour ago, catjones said:

You make it sound as if leaving things to everyone's own judgement is a bad thing. 

Yes, because it is a bad idea. Too many idiots around whose misjudgement would affect others.

5 hours ago, jeba said:

Yes, because it is a bad idea. Too many idiots around whose misjudgement would affect others.

But, not you.  You're above all those idiots.  Must be hard to breathe rarefied air.

1 hour ago, catjones said:

But, not you.  You're above all those idiots.  Must be hard to breathe rarefied air.

:D

4 hours ago, catjones said:

True. But I´m managing. Thanks for being so sympathetic. Or should I be wrong and that wasn´t an expression of sympathy but an ad hominem?

12 hours ago, jeba said:

Too many idiots around whose misjudgement would affect others.

cf. Membership of the EU

cf. Brexit

...for example

On the other hand...

cf. The Great Leap Forward

cf. Wars (all of 'em)

cf. Stalin, Muscleman, Adolf, Pol Pot and Donald (to name just a few).

But I digress...