Corona hearing in fine proceedings.

58 posts in this topic

A verbal warning for the first offense or for the first 36 hours or something wouldn't be unreasonable.

My other half was in a park with a mask rule on the first day of that new rule and the Ordnungsamt who came up were very friendly about it, and of course they all then knew. 

This thread has reminded me that we need to check the rules daily for changes - I realised I would likely have no clue, since the kids are not at school and they are the normal source of info.

7 hours ago, optimista said:

When the law was limited to 10 Commandments that argument would have held sway.

Back then these rules/laws were not adhered to either!

Isn't part of the problem that the rules keep changing.  I live on the border between Bavaria and Hessen and sometimes I had to think about where I was going to be during the day and what was allowed.  It's a bit easier now because the rules are the same everywhere (I think!) and I don't go anywhere now anyway.  People are becoming weary and/or confused by the changes, I know I did more than once.  

I don’t think the rules are the same everywhere.  In BW our curfew starts at 8 pm and in Bayern it starts at 9 pm.  One of our rules says no more than one person can visit, in or outdoors, another household.  This means my friend can visit his parents, but the two of them can’t come and visit him.  Technically two couples within a social bubble can’t be together in a Wohnung, and many people are flat out ignoring that.  I live directly on the Swiss border and am allowed to walk there while someone from a neighboring town is not supposed to drive to Konstanz and walk over there.  I doubt that rule is being precisely followed. It’s all become quite confusing.  

3 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I don’t think the rules are the same everywhere.  In BW our curfew starts at 8 pm and in Bayern it starts at 9 pm. 

And in RLP, there is no curfew at all.

Yeah, up here we have different rules - masks etc.

Most of it doesn't matter because we don't do anything dodgy like meet other people (!) but I do shop late at night to avoid other dirty people and so I would get got by a curfew.

See, different rules all over the place and if you live anywhere near a boarder, it's easy to get confused.  I go to the supermarket about once every 10 days, other than that, I'm at home.

24 minutes ago, kiplette said:

I do shop late at night to avoid other dirty people and so I would get got by a curfew.

They're not dirty!!!!

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

Yeah, up here we have different rules - masks etc.

Most of it doesn't matter because we don't do anything dodgy like meet other people (!) but I do shop late at night to avoid other dirty people and so I would get got by a curfew.

To avoid “ other “ dirty people? Are you saying you are dirty? Please say no!💋🙏🏻😂

:lol:

I currently assume everyone I meet is Corona-dirty, and that I am equally so, and that makes you careful all round.

The original was actually 'dirty disgusting' in conversation with the fish and chip guy and the current rules back in June or so, when they had eased a bit, but we both agreed that the main thing was to assume shared 'dirty disgustingness' and that way, we would more likely avoid any contagion.

Not connected with actual grime ;)

Interesting challenge for the linguists to come up with some neutral, non-judgmental vocabulary for these modern times.  It's quite difficult.

Not judgemental.

Because the assumption is that we are calling ourselves it as well as everyone else. 

I am completely amazed.

But then we are deep in ex-squaddie territory so maybe the Brits here share a specific sense of humour.

On 2/1/2021, 10:45:54, karin_brenig said:

well - annoying/unfair or not - rules and regulations are to be obeyed. Not knowing about rules doesn't protect you from the fines.

That grocery store was allowed to stay open past Baden-Württemberg's 20:00 to 5:00 curfew, because it is a workplace. Work is permitted.

Also, if they had a delivery service pick up your orders from said grocery store and deliver to your home, that would be legal after 8pm (again because it is considered "work").

If something like that happened to me, I would simply pay the fine - consider it a small token of my appreciation for our hard working police :)

Sorry but I cannot agree with you, as the law should respect the predictability. According to this principle : "  In the law, predictability is usually important. People need to know the rules, and they cannot plan their lives unless they know the law in advance"

And let's not exaggerate regarding respecting the rules. I am pretty sure you are breaking some rules at any moment.

What should I do now, should I call police when I see someone with a cloth mask, or when someone has standard blue mask instead of FFP2. ? This is an abuse of  power.

Btw : I received today a fine of 75 + 28.5 in fees. Same for my wife. I will just need to pay now 206 Euros.

They could have just give me a warning, especially that I have no fines for the last 6 years since I am in Germany, not even a speed or parking fine. 

On 2/2/2021, 12:15:15, Sir Percy B said:

So complex, please explain, it's a curfew from 20.00-05.00?

There's nothing complex about a Curfew, you are either in or you are out in the stated times. 

If you're so clever then how long should we wait before such laws come into force? 

Till a few more thousand people are infected, or perhaps a couple of hundred more people die or finally until our hospitals are so overloaded that they cannot accept anymore patients.

No, the leaders we have should have thought about that , as they have access to information and prediction models, so they could have adopted the law from 30 of November, with enter in force from 12th of December.  Plus btw the court turned the curfew so from tomorrow I could stay outside after 8 PM

I think you are having a problem grasping what law means. Pay it and stop wasting your time and whingeing here.

And watch out for any new regulations.  Some areas of BW have higher infection rates, and local areas can still impose extra restrictions if so.  Ulm looks low though.  Read the local news everyday.   Not sure how anyone missed the info about the 8 pm curfew.  I mean, unless you were a hermit.

55 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

And watch out for any new regulations.  Some areas of BW have higher infection rates, and local areas can still impose extra restrictions if so.  Ulm looks low though.  Read the local news everyday.   Not sure how anyone missed the info about the 8 pm curfew.  I mean, unless you were a hermit.

It means there are a lot of hermits as Kaufland was not empty at all....

My point was not to condone gratuitously and intentionally disobeying the law as seems to have been interpreted but about the punishment. And the speed with which fines are imposed. Never heard of a grace period? I suggest that changing the goal posts and then immediately rapping knuckles is not the best way to get compliance. It just engenders bad feeling.