Where to live while working in Remscheid ?

4 posts in this topic

I am currently living and working in Dusseldorf . I am getting a job offer in Remscheid. Can anyone suggest if a daily commute possible after Corona ? 

Or should I think of moving somewhere nearby. 

I am with my wife and my 3 yr old kid. 

I haven't found a kita yet for my kid in Dusseldorf and was wondering, if its easier to get a kita in Remscheid or any other places nearby compared to Dusseldorf. 

Also does the quality of primary schools differ in bigger cities like dusseldorf vs a town like Remscheid ?

5 hours ago, AJag said:

I am currently living and working in Dusseldorf . I am getting a job offer in Remscheid. Can anyone suggest if a daily commute possible after Corona ? 

I haven't found a kita yet for my kid in Dusseldorf and was wondering, if its easier to get a kita in Remscheid or any other places nearby compared to Dusseldorf. 

Also does the quality of primary schools differ in bigger cities like dusseldorf vs a town like Remscheid ?

How long is your Probezeit? Maybe commute until that is completed, and job secure?

5 hours ago, AJag said:

Have you spent much time in Remscheid?  I used to know someone who lived there (also because of work), so I visited there several times.  There is no salary high enough to convince me to move there, or anywhere in the immediate area.  

On 28/01/2021, 17:12:02, AJag said:

Remscheid is a Wanderer, MTB paradise. Depending on where your job location , Remscheid Luettringhausen , or Hasten are very good to live. 

I don't think good public school differs much. I have friends children going to school there. They are happy.

Kita places will not be a problem for a child older than 3 in my experience with Bergischesland

I promise you that daily commute using A46 may not be very exciting from Düsseldorf till Remscheid.

I have colleagues who even use gravelbikes to avoid driving from Düsseldorf to Wuppertal spending 120 minutes each way when weather permits. They tell that it is less frustrating than sitting in their car.

You will have to drive even more to reach Remscheid.