The Non-Political get away thread

55 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HEM said:

No need for that here - there is absolute silence in busses / Bahn - people are too busy with their smartphones.

I wish they were silent!  Yackity-yack-yack on their smartphones on buses and the S-Bahn, until this is all over not getting on another one, but still...

People are not gonna be allowed to talk on their smartphones here... like naughty kids at school. I wonder if people will start smiling at each other or make googly eyes over their face masks?

7 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Heres a piccie.. maybe it will make you smile like she does me!!   

lillyq.jpeg

Yep! The pic does make me smile. She's a beautiful girl!

9 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

And behind that brow beaten and old and haggared  looking face is a good looking Piggie!!!  :lol::lol:

7 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Yep! I see that good-looking Piggie, hanging from the rafters. Hope you're not warping into a bat!

So... How do you "Anchovie"..

Normally I love Anchovie on my pizza...   

However, 2 weeks ago, my local Pizza house didnt have any of the Salty feckers!!!

So I oerdered my Pizza without...   Got home and cracked open a 1.50€ jar of Aldi "sardellen"...   and simply whacked them ióm my pizza!!

Since then, I order my Pizza as normal, but "Kalt sardellen"...   

Again... "How do you do your Anchovies"?

Hahahaha...

I actually collect "pot lids"...  and associated "Prattware"... 

Still waiting to find a decent lid with "gentlemans relish" on it... 

We make a similar thing by blending anchovies with other things - the winner so far is olives (other half who eats it is non-dairy).

The wife is a world class cook (So I think anyway) but was always a total disaster area when it came to baking.Due to the boredom of the lockdown she has been baking nearly every day and now I`m able to eat damn good cakes.

So there`s always some good that comes out of a lockdown.

On 1/24/2021, 1:31:50, dessa_dangerous said:

The store is simply too full. 

Strangely enough in this lockdown they haven`t round here unlike the last lockdown introduced the rule of a limited amount of carts thus limited number of people in the store.

21 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Strangely enough in this lockdown they haven`t round here unlike the last lockdown introduced the rule of a limited amount of carts thus limited number of people in the store.

They still do where I live.  I had to wait outside the store for a few minutes yesterday until a cart became available.

On 27/01/2021, 22:06:53, HH_Sailor said:

Well I used to spread "Gentleman's Relish" on my toast.

But I haven't had seen the stuff since I was grounded...

Gentleman's Relish

Available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/Patum-Peperium-Sardellen-Genie%C3%9Fen-Ritters/dp/B01MCTP5B8/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=gentlemen%60s+relish&qid=1612078741&sr=8-1

Isn´t there another salty paste known as "Gentleman´s Relish"?

Anyway, talking about carpark annoyances when shopping. Recently getting out of the car and I was maskless, still hadn´t closed the door. Some daft old bat peels off from a gang of senior citizens, comes and snaps at me to wear a mask. I turn (had my FSS2 in my hand by the way) and smile sweetly at her. "Don´t I know you" I ask in a voice that sounds like a summers breeze with rainbows and unicorns. "I think not" she screeches. 

"Well then, fornicate off and mind your own fornicating business!"

And off she scuttled.