The Non-Political get away thread

55 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

OK, I'll do one.  At the store yesterday someone rammed their cart into my ass.  It has been a long time since that happened.  "Rammed" is in this case a total exaggeration--it was a nudge, at most.  But still fucking irritating.  And when I looked back to see who or what had touched me, the man was just grinning at me but hadn't moved the cart.  I shoved the cart back at him--hard--and turned back around.  All the sudden there's a tornado of motion in front of me as he rips around frantically, makes a right turn in front of me, and turns to scowl nastily at me.  I called him an idiot and just kept waiting in line.  

So at this point he's an asshole for: 

• passing on the right ;) 
  • thinking shoving his cart up my ass was an acceptable way to ask to get past me (there was really not room on that side anyway, otherwise he wouldn't have touched me, so I don't know what acrobatics he required me to do in order to get out of his way instead of just going around me on the other side, as he did in the end)
  • performing this action at all, as the checkout setup at that store has a system with two main lines, and then when you get to the front, you pick a lane, so, essentially, he cut several people in front of me (and me)

So, I'm just waiting in line when I feel eyeballs burning into the side of my head and turn to see him STILL giving me a DEATH GLARE from across the room.  I quietly and meekly :lol: give him the finger and turn back to face forward.  THIS NUTJOB yells out, "OOOOUUUAAHHHHHH Ich zeige dich an!!!  Ich zeige dich an!!" and charges at me from ten meters away.  Fight or flight kicked in, that's how sudden and quick he started toward me.  I called out, "don't come closer to me!" but he kept coming so I rushed at him as well and told him to get the fuck out of my face, I didn't touch him, HE touched ME, and he can jolly well anzeig me and we'll tell the truth about who did what.  He did turn around without saying anything else and go back to "his" place in line.

At this point there are like sixty people in the checkout area (it's a large Kaufland) and every single one of them is staring at us, and now WE ALL get to stand there quietly together, I thought I might acutally_die_dead of sheer embarrassment.  Now I am one of those crazy people who shouts in grocery stores.  The irony is that I had only recently witnessed a shouting match in the produce section of that very same store a couple weeks before, and had thought how stupid and petty both people seemed.  Mind, it was a slightly different situation, which dragged on for minutes as these two people shouted insults at each other, culminating with the younger man telling the older woman to go die, but the result was the same: both people look like asshats for shouting in a fucking grocery store.

In the end I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much, anyone who shoves anything at me is getting it shoved back ten times harder, and he was a psycho nutjob.  Still embarrassed down to my toes, though.

I had a similar thing last week. I came out of our little grocery that opens directly onto a large swath of zebra-striped walk. A woman in an Audi sped into it and blocked my progress, so, I patiently waited. Then, she finally pulled off and began to park forward in a space only to quickly throw the car into reverse nearly hitting my cart. "Learn to drive!"I shouted and this poor unfortunate woman rolled down her window to yell at me. "You saw that I was waiting for you to go! Why didn't you go?" I laughed at her. She called me a name out the open window to which I replied in English, "Shut up before you get hurt. Really, shut dafuq up." 

This shocked her so much that I heard the crunch as she backed into a light pole. I did not look back. She was still surveying the damage as I put my cart back. I did not say a word.

I am always thankful to get my car unscathed out of our local Lidl Parkplatz.

However, poetic justice is rare but does occasionally happen.

Some years ago when I worked from an office near the centre of Hamburg on the usual drive home starting with 3 lanes in each direction just before the turn to Hbf some woman (normally men do this but in this case it was a female) in a large black BMW shot past me (I was adhering to the speed limit) and under the railway bridge from whence came a dull red flash...

14 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Pgs Title said no politics- did not say no chat!

The Vent is a no-chat topic.  That's why this one would have been different.

If this thread is also meant to be non-chat, we can close it right now. 

SP, what's it going to be?

11 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Need to speed up your weekly shopping trip ?

Capture.JPG.dd736e8ebf97b532a9ceff56158f

Is this one  of SP's  use of recycled scrap metal?

4 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

OK, I'll do one.  At the store yesterday someone rammed their cart into my ass.  It has been a long time since that happened.  "Rammed" is in this case a total exaggeration--it was a nudge, at most.  But still fucking irritating.  And when I looked back to see who or what had touched me, the man was just grinning at me but hadn't moved the cart.  I shoved the cart back at him--hard--and turned back around.  All the sudden there's a tornado of motion in front of me as he rips around frantically, makes a right turn in front of me, and turns to scowl nastily at me.  I called him an idiot and just kept waiting in line.  

So at this point he's an asshole for: 

• passing on the right ;) 
  • thinking shoving his cart up my ass was an acceptable way to ask to get past me (there was really not room on that side anyway, otherwise he wouldn't have touched me, so I don't know what acrobatics he required me to do in order to get out of his way instead of just going around me on the other side, as he did in the end)
  • performing this action at all, as the checkout setup at that store has a system with two main lines, and then when you get to the front, you pick a lane, so, essentially, he cut several people in front of me (and me)

So, I'm just waiting in line when I feel eyeballs burning into the side of my head and turn to see him STILL giving me a DEATH GLARE from across the room.  I quietly and meekly :lol: give him the finger and turn back to face forward.  THIS NUTJOB yells out, "OOOOUUUAAHHHHHH Ich zeige dich an!!!  Ich zeige dich an!!" and charges at me from ten meters away.  Fight or flight kicked in, that's how sudden and quick he started toward me.  I called out, "don't come closer to me!" but he kept coming so I rushed at him as well and told him to get the fuck out of my face, I didn't touch him, HE touched ME, and he can jolly well anzeig me and we'll tell the truth about who did what.  He did turn around without saying anything else and go back to "his" place in line.

At this point there are like sixty people in the checkout area (it's a large Kaufland) and every single one of them is staring at us, and now WE ALL get to stand there quietly together, I thought I might acutally_die_dead of sheer embarrassment.  Now I am one of those crazy people who shouts in grocery stores.  The irony is that I had only recently witnessed a shouting match in the produce section of that very same store a couple weeks before, and had thought how stupid and petty both people seemed.  Mind, it was a slightly different situation, which dragged on for minutes as these two people shouted insults at each other, culminating with the younger man telling the older woman to go die, but the result was the same: both people look like asshats for shouting in a fucking grocery store.

In the end I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much, anyone who shoves anything at me is getting it shoved back ten times harder, and he was a psycho nutjob.  Still embarrassed down to my toes, though.

Since this whole covid thing has been gong on we've noticed a huge jump in the people shopping who act like they have never been in a supermarket before.

I'm usually a very laid back person, but if one more m*therf*ckingass*oleblocksthef*ckingisle again... 

Oh, you were in Kaufland, par for the course in there. We play 'knock the trollies out of the way and see who comes running' because it is not unusual for people to just block the isle with trollies. We don't fo on often, but when we do, we are prepared.

12 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

This could have been avoided by Staying at home...   Sorry, I cant assist with his clumsyness...   ;)

PiggyWiggilein, well that's helpful. But you almost met me half way there... I'm really trying to be positive about this...:D (Come back to me about the clumsiness when you are 72, post-Covid and have both hands and arms full of "stuff". Sorry to be defensive so early in the morning by the way.)

Have you heard of a support bubble? He is it. The only person I have seen regularly for the last year apart from my lovely (not) hubby and daughter. Hardly super-spreading. But yeah, we all make exceptions for ourselves...

Dessa, I have the exact same t-shirt dating from about a decade ago. Got it at the airport in Mallorca. The multiple, yeah verily insistant arse-rammer was a German (surprise, surprise) "lady" of advanced years. Wearing a flat cap (so, a statement dresser...) I pretty much reacted the same as you. Eventually. She caved immediately though. She was gobsmacked I laid into her in loud German after hearing me speak French and English to my kith and kin. Seeing her jaw drop and the "oh shit" moment on her face was trememdously satisfying. I absolutely did not bother to feel embarrassed though. You did the right thing.

Exhale and shed the guilt. He deserved it. (You are human and we cannot expend love indiscriminately all the time.)

Now Piggy, would you like to have another go? (I think this thread has quite a lot of promise.)

I would love to have another go at it....    but I blamed clumsieness" and you defended him by blaming his "age"!....   

If I had called him a "clumsy old fucker":huh: you would have been even more upset even those I would have been more accurate...    :lol:

I cant win... can I ?  

14 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Since this whole covid thing has been gong on we've noticed a huge jump in the people shopping who act like they have never been in a supermarket before.

there is definitely a very different and very palpable added stress to the already less-than-pleasant experience of shopping in an inner-city Kaufland--which in these parts is set up a bit like an IKEA, where you move through on a track and going backwards is difficult--by having to take a shopping cart.  The store is simply too full.  Everybody is stressed.  Everybody needs to bring extra amounts of patience and goodwill, otherwise the whole thing goes tits up.  On the day where the lady and the man were wishing each other painful deaths in the produce section, it was New Year's Eve and so the place was extra full and yes there were especially large numbers of carts completely blocking aisles but even then, we all held it together and conducted our business with Rücksicht--the almost unheard of practice of letting someone go ahead of you, waiting patiently for the other person to get out of your way, apologizing for being in the way even if wasn't your fault, and tolerating an actual Stau in the main thoroughfare--everyone held it together for the most part.

I think now the holidays are over and people are exhaling a bit and getting a bit nastier, I don't know.  But for sure it's very trying for everybody, when there are (almost) as many shopping carts in the store as people.  Makes a large store seem not so spacious anymore.

3 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

... it was New Year's Eve and so the place was extra full

Be thankful that they were not also selling fireworks in addition to the rest of the stuff.

I have noticed an increase in old couples starting to get right on my tits these days...   Maybe I have become less tollerant or these Banana/ Bread/fruit  squeezing old coffin dodgers have multiplied!

I think we all need to take a step back and think about this.  We're all a bit more stressed with new rules every week or so, and trying to stay safe.  For many of us, the only outing in the week is to the supermarket, I feel that myself.   Even speaking with friends on the phone, I notice many of them seem to be more tense just now.

I try to be more tolerant with other shoppers than I used to be, let them go ahead of me, or I step back and let them go by, it's not like I'm going anywhere in a hurry anyway.  We've probably got another year of this, so we need to find a way to cope with it without getting into arguments with people, we're all suffering!

Right on Fruity.

Ferkelchen did you hear that? (Tetchy as hell today you are and victim mode visibly ON. But I am determined to be nice to you... because after that video of Fodens the other day I know there beats a tender, and yes, civiilised heart under that gruff exterior.)

In France (yes, I know this discombobulates some people on a German forum) they are telling people to stop TALKING on public transport. Only a matter of time before they introduce fines for gaseous emissions... oops. Sorry I lowered the tone again.

Fruity.. you have a squeeeeeezable butt... Mr Fruit should be stressless today!   LOL

frau opti... yep... !  

@ everyone.. yes.. my posts are "tongue in cheek"...  ( now that sound quite pervy.. good job Jay aint about!!)   or is he?

Heres a piccie.. maybe it will make you smile like she does me!!   

lillyq.jpeg

36 minutes ago, optimista said:

In France (yes, I know this discombobulates some people on a German forum) they are telling people to stop TALKING on public transport.

No need for that here - there is absolute silence in busses / Bahn - people are too busy with their smartphones.