The Non-Political get away thread

55 posts in this topic

So, I am sick and fucking tired of Presidexit.. Brexit and Covid.... Its too much agro to find a thread to discuss or simply "Let rip...

So, this is the Post your pics, what made you smile/unhappy/cry and so on all rolled into one!!

NO POLITICS!!!

So... I'll start... 

Who thinks I should be banned for starting a "dumb fuckwit" topic?

:lol:

Oh good! A place for a few  pics when  the walls are  in tatters in the coming months  : water pipes to be replaced. 

Add to the list of " fun facts I didn't know about Germany" :  They don't use copper pipes here....

I'd run away from home but I'm still paying for it...

FF, can we share him please?

OK, so have to get this off my chest. My buddy is certain his phone dropped out of his pocket next to his and my car yesterday. 10 meters away from a building where you could hear us puffing our (mostly copper) pipes half the afternoon. Someone has kindly picked it up. But when you call them, they hang up. No he does not have GPS tracking, or even GPS switched on... yes, he will block the SIM card soonest. Is there any way the phone can be detected when the new "owner" signs up and inserts a new card? Piggy, you are a techy and I know you will be flattered by my eagerness to participate on your thread... any (polite) thoughts? Seriously, it is small village with a couple of idiots walking dogs in miserable weather...

If he's signed into Google he can do a find my phone if he logs into it but if GPS is not on it will only be an approximate location.  Through Google he may also be able to make the phone ring even if it's on silent or wipe it. I can't recall if you can lock it or display a message on the screen.  I know that phone providers used to be able to block phones using the IMEI number but apparently they mostly will not bother.

I found this out when I lost my phone a couple of years ago. The guy who found it was using my sim card and he actually put his WhatsApp on it. After I blocked it and got a new SIM for my number I had a backup of all his messages and contacts as well as his profile pic and I had a week or two of his friends calling me trying to reach him.  One of the messages I had from the guy was somebody telling him that the phone has not been reported stolen so you can continue using it so obviously he had some contact who was able to check that. I didn't actually want it back.

3 hours ago, optimista said:

FF, can we share him please?

OK, so have to get this off my chest. My buddy is certain his phone dropped out of his pocket next to his and my car yesterday. 

ok..

This could have been avoided by Staying at home...   Sorry, I cant assist with his clumsyness...   ;)

6 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Now I am one of those crazy people who shouts in grocery stores. 

😂

That is the funniest thing i have read this year. 

@dessa_dangerous

I have read your post 3 or 1 times and have to say you really need to get therapy  and maybe an Ass reduction surgery...  ( Havent seen it, but if you cant be Sir cum Navigated... ) :o

Failing that, Knives are usually hanging on the ends of the row...      Stab the fucker!

:lol:

I am a person with empathy for my fellow women/ men and inanimate objects. How is the supermarket cart doing?

1 minute ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I can't be responsible for the broken hearts and broken lives such a therapy would precipitate. 

Then just Stab the fucker!