Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

school holidays

26 posts in this topic

@meetirfan your mother-in-law is making an awful decision which is unfair on your whole family

- if it is important that you all get together, given that at least your nuclear family do not live in Pakistan - she needs to make the decision to wait until after the pandemic is at least not at its height, if not longer.

If there is a pressing reason that the wedding should go ahead, then she must realise that it will be a scaled down affair - even for those who live in Pakistan, even in the same location, they should not be gathering in large numbers. These big family gatherings are superspreaders - just because you are related does absolutely not mean that you are not spreading virus between you.

She is doing the wrong thing. Make that super clear and don't get involved. Being an idiot is thankfully not catching, unlike the virus. Sorry she is forcing this issue - no-one needs extra pressure like this at the moment.

1 minute ago, kiplette said:

She is doing the wrong thing.

Worth repeating.

To be fair, it is the brother in law's wedding. Plenty of blame to go around.

A lot of people are getting married and then planning the big party for post covid.

Did I understand correctly, you were allowed to take your child out of school previously because you promised not to do it again.  So you also plan to break a promise?  It should be no surprise that the head is not happy and you are showing the teacher and your child that your words are not to be trusted.  That's before we even get on to the bad idea of travelling at the moment.

Wow lot of feedback and this what was needed for taking right decision.

I think Alpha nature of School principle has triggered me.

Anyway, I am dropping idea of visiting Pakistan with my kids.

There are lot of reasons like

1.     Too much stress,

2.     High probability of Corona infection,

3.     Quarantine time in Pakistan/Germany (10-25 days),

4.     Stress with School management.

So bottom line, fun is missing in this whole visit. 

My mother in law will not happy with my decision. Now if my wife wants to go (alone) this is her decision as she has only one brother. 

Thanks every one.

6 hours ago, meetirfan said:

2. Go to court settle there. Pay the court fee rather than paying fine. I am sure in law there will be provision for foreign background families. Here is link for Pflicht zur Teilnahme am Unterricht und an den sonstigen Schulveranstaltungenhttp://www.landesrecht-bw.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=SchulBesV+BW&psml=bsbawueprod.psml&max=true&aiz=true

So, I need option on all above solution.

It will very nice if some give cost estimate, if I decide to settle this matter in court.

In case you need further reasons in favor of that decision:

A marriage of an uncle or other non-directly-related person does not constitute sufficient reason to remove a kid from school. Examples for valid reasons are given in §4 (3) 9. There is no examption for "foreign background families" in any regard as the child is under 14.

Fines for absentism in Baden-Württemberg are capped at 1000 Euro in Baden-Württemberg. However, absentism on this scale and with such intention would require the school to also inform the Jugendamt due to Kindeswohlgefährdung, which may take the necessary step in order to ensure the child is not deprived of its rights (such as temporary removal of the child from the family, enforcing school attendance using police, additional fines and jail possibilities for the responsible parent).

You cannot "settle this in a court" - for about 230 Euro a lawyer might tell you that.

I assume the wedding is planned to be in Pakistan? With regard to the pandemic:

• You're aware that holding indoor wedding parties is currently banned in Pakistan?
  • You do know that you'll have to prove you're negative with PCR tests both before departing Germany and before departing Pakistan in your travel, followed by mandatory quarantine in Germany after arriving back?
  • You do know that breaking this quarantine may result in fines of up to 25,000 Euro or up to three years prison?
  • And just in general: You realize that there is an active travel warning that includes that flights from and to Pakistan may be cancelled without notice at any time?