Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

school holidays

26 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone,

I am in a very difficult situation now and need a little advice from everyone. 

so first the background of problem.

I have 10 years old son, who is going to primary school. In 2018 we toke 10 days holidays so that we can spend more time with my Father who was suffering with cancer in Pakistan. He died after 6 months. At that time school principal (an Alpha personality) was not very happy, but we took the stand she gave us permission on written assurance from us that we will not take any holidays in Primary school time.

Now there is a wedding of my brother in law and I need 3 days holidays in end of March. As usual school principal is not happy, and she has rejected based on the 2018 document.

solution:

1. Just fly without informing them and on return just pay the fine.

2. Just call kid sick and fly during this time. I don’t like this solution as this does not match my personality and bad example for my kids. 

2. Go to court settle there. Pay the court fee rather than paying fine. I am sure in law there will be provision for foreign background families. Here is link for Pflicht zur Teilnahme am Unterricht und an den sonstigen Schulveranstaltungenhttp://www.landesrecht-bw.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=SchulBesV+BW&psml=bsbawueprod.psml&max=true&aiz=true

So, I need option on all above solution.

It will very nice if some give cost estimate, if I decide to settle this matter in court.

Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, meetirfan said:

Now there is a wedding of my brother in law and I need 3 days holidays in end of March.

Why is he getting married in the middle of a pandemic? Why don't you just skip the wedding?

8 minutes ago, meetirfan said:

I will come back in holidays

Well, that didn‘t answer my question.

25 minutes ago, meetirfan said:

Now there is a wedding of my brother in law and I need 3 days holidays in end of March. As usual school principal is not happy, and she has rejected based on the 2018 document.

Your sister's ex is getting married again ?

I can understand the principal not seeing a "near relative" involved.

Maybe you need to report that the wedding is about a very close sibling.

Or show the importance of attending (eg 1500 guests - and you are organising)

OK, that is what I surmised.

You cannot do what you want to do, even if you were to somehow get the 3 additional days you want.

There is a mandatory 10-day quarantine upon return from a risk area, and Pakistan is a risk area.  You can reduce the quarantine time to 5 days if you get a (negative) Coronavirus test five days after your return.  You must also consider the length of time that it takes to get the test result back, so realistically it is a minimum of 6 days in quarantine.

What this means is that under the absolute best-case scenario, if you return on 10 April your child will not be able to re-enter school until 15 April at the earliest.  You cannot lie about this, because under the current regulations, you will be tracked.

Your plan is a bad one.

9 minutes ago, meetirfan said:

@engelchen decesion of my mother in law, so cant change :)

Yes, you can.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic and the fines for violating quarantine restrictions are much higher than the ones for violating mandatory school laws.

6 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

You cannot do what you want to do, even if you were to somehow get the 3 additional days you want.

There is a mandatory 10-day quarantine upon return from a risk area, and Pakistan is a risk area.  You can reduce the quarantine time to 5 days if you get a (negative) Coronavirus test five days after your return.  You must also consider the length of time that it takes to get the test result back, so realistically it is a minimum of 6 days in quarantine.

What this means is that under the absolute best-case scenario, if you return on 10 April your child will not be able to re-enter school until 15 April at the earliest.  You cannot lie about this, because under the current regulations, you will be tracked.

That is assuming that they don't tighten the restrictions for the school holidays. 

6 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Your plan is a bad one.

A very bad one.

Guys, guys, guys... you're not being helpful. The OP specifically asked how he could break the law and violate quarantine restrictions, not whether he should.

Laws are for the little people, remember?

It's worrywarts and nay-sayers like you who are ruining Toytown. RUINING IT!

I don't expect schools to be open until May anyway.

So quarantine = home schooling / remote learning.

Miserable bugger, aren't I ?

2 hours ago, meetirfan said:

Good morning everyone,

I am in a very difficult situation now and need a little advice from everyone. 

so first the background of problem.

I have 10 years old son, who is going to primary school. In 2018 we toke 10 days holidays so that we can spend more time with my Father who was suffering with cancer in Pakistan. He died after 6 months. At that time school principal (an Alpha personality) was not very happy, but we took the stand she gave us permission on written assurance from us that we will not take any holidays in Primary school time.

solution:

1. Just fly without informing them and on return just pay the fine.

2. Just call kid sick and fly during this time. I don’t like this solution as this does not match my personality and bad example for my kids. 

2. Go to court settle there. Pay the court fee rather than paying fine. I am sure in law there will be provision for foreign background families. Here is link for Pflicht zur Teilnahme am Unterricht und an den sonstigen Schulveranstaltungenhttp://www.landesrecht-bw.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=SchulBesV+BW&psml=bsbawueprod.psml&max=true&aiz=true

So, I need option on all above solution.

It will very nice if some give cost estimate, if I decide to settle this matter in court.

Thanks in advance.

Move along, nothing to see...

If you weren't here when it happened, then you missed it.

3 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

I don't expect schools to be open until May anyway.

So quarantine = home schooling / remote learning.

Miserable bugger, aren't I ?

Remote learning continues to be a disaster in many parts of the country.  There is a strong push to re-open schools soon.  I would not build a travel plan around the possibility that schools could remain shuttered.

3 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

If your son was 10 in 2018 he wouldn't be out of primary school now?

OP says the child is CURRENTLY 10 years old.

7 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

OP says the child is CURRENTLY 10 years old.

lol, and I thought it was maths that was the problem..

I'll leave my post up for comedy value.

On second thoughts I won't. Someone will come along at some point and not read the thread and want to comment..

Good to hear.

It's unfortunate that you didn't include "Stay home and don't break the law" in your list of options or this thread might have taken an entirely different turn.

40 minutes ago, engelchen said:

That is assuming that they don't tighten the restrictions for the school holidays. 

That is a distinct possibility.

As I said, there is a strong push to re-open schools, especially the Grundschulen, due to the massive problems with remote learning.   Unlike HH, I believe that schools will be re-opened very soon.  If not in February, then in the beginning of March. 

If this happens, it seems likely to me that the government will implement further travel-related restrictions to discourage people from traveling with their children during the Spring break period.

The easiest way to do this would be to eliminate the 5-day negative test exemption, and put in place a mandatory 10-day quarantine. 

Your solution is neither 1, 2 or 3. Just say NO. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone. Do stay home.

Do you and your distant relatives understand the finality of death? The agony before it and the agony of those left grieving?

Covid can be and is fatal. Is it hat difficult to understand?

Please see my last post in the Unhappy Thread which I am unable to quote for your benefit. This is not just happening to other people.

Please apply COMMON SENSE.