Twice-impeached former single-term President Donald "Jenius" T**** and his lackeys

335 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jeba said:

I wonder how they would have voted had they been able to vote secretly. And whether it´s true that the majority of republican voters are still Trumpists.

3 hours ago, yesterday said:

Probably the vote would have been different if it were a  secret vote

But then voters, in the next election would not know who to support in the next election, as they would not know who support Trump and who voted against.

Always a problem with democracy, should, politicians have the right to vote secretly, so they do not offend and cannot be judge for their actions, or in an open way so voters can kick them out of office, if they disagree

+++

The voting of people for politicians is secret so that people vote according to their wishes and not because the boss fires you. The voting of politians indeed should be transparent so that people see whom they voted for. 

For example, now we know those 5 people who impeached Clinton in 1996 but voted for the acquittal of Trump in 2021. Isn't it hilarious? There are 5 top politicians in the US who think that sex with a lady at work is much worse than inciting a coup d'etat*. And we know their names. 

4 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

Anyways, I assume this thread will be closed now since The Donald is innocent. 

Innocent as a baby Jesus!

***I do not endorse what Clinton did, if I were a senator, I would impeach both Clinton and Trump

3 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I do not endorse what Clinton did, if I were a senator, I would impeach both Clinton and Trump

Because blowjobs kill people. B)

"U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called Donald Trump "practically and morally responsible" for his supporters' deadly attack on the Capitol"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called Donald Trump "practically and morally responsible" for his supporters' deadly attack on the Capitol, only moments after voting to acquit the Republican former president on an impeachment charge of inciting the melee.

The top Senate Republican explained the unexpected turnabout at the end of a five-day impeachment trial, by declaring it unconstitutional to convict Trump of misconduct now that the former president has left office and become a private citizen.

The Senate earlier in the week found that the trial was constitutional in a 56-44 vote.

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," said McConnell, who along with the rest of the Congress and former Vice President Mike Pence fled the mob that descended on the Capitol on Jan. 6.

"The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," McConnell said in a speech on the Senate floor.

https://news.yahoo.com/not-guilty-vote-mcconnell-says-215728379.html

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

In academia sex with a student = you're fired. Doesn't matter if consensual or not. You're done. If you are in a so big love, you can wait until your student graduates like Emmanuel Macron's current wife did. Then it will be ok. 

Presidents of countries usually need to uphold at least the same standard as uni professors. 

54 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I do not endorse what Clinton did, if I were a senator, I would impeach both Clinton and Trump

At the risk of being labeled as pedantic, a Senator cannot impeach, only cast a vote in the trial that follows the impeachment.  However, I will assume you meant you would have voted to convict, as would I.  :D

=====

I am a "small r" republican and am registered in my home state as No Party Affiliation (NPA).  I never identified with either the Republican or Democratic parties, conservative or liberal, or right or left.  I focus on right and wrong, and think each party has its share of idiots and bright members.

My NPA status usually limits my participation in Primary elections, but I vote in all General and local elections.  I was allowed to vote in my state's 2020 Democratic Primary, since the state party officials allowed those registered as NPA to participate.  It was a moot point since Biden and Sanders were the only two presidential candidates on the ballot and Sanders suspended his campaign by the time I received my ballot.

My voting pattern is never party specific, since I base my decision on the candidates' past performance and policy platform.  In the 2020 Presidential election ballot, I also had the opportunity to vote in several other state and county positions and bills.  My votes went nearly equally between Democratic and Republican candidates based on my analysis.

The unintended consequence of the 43 members of the Republican Senate who voted to save their jobs, and then some confirm afterwards he was guilty, has convinced me to vote Democratic on all issues until the cancer that permeates the GOP can be excised.  This might not be fair to the Republicans at lower levels of government, but until the GOP gets its act together and demonstrates to my satisfaction that it can objectively put the needs of the country ahead of personal needs, they are dead to me.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The voting of politians indeed should be transparent so that people see whom they voted for. 

No. That goes against the principle of a representative democracy. MPs are representatives, not delegates. At least in Germany they are solely bound by their conscience - not by what voters want.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Indeed - they kill potential people.

All those poor sperm didn't get a chance to fertilise anyone.

2 hours ago, JG52 said:

My NPA status usually limits my participation in Primary elections, but I vote in all General and local elections. 

Your own choice or can you not vote because you have no party affiliation ?

Ah ok think I understand it,you cannot vote for who represents which party in the President race ?

1 hour ago, jeba said:

No. That goes against the principle of a representative democracy. MPs are representatives, not delegates. At least in Germany they are solely bound by their conscience - not by what voters want.

No.

You should always be able to see what a politician votes for.

26 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Depends on the state.  😂

Ah ok think I understand it,you cannot vote for who represents which party in the President race ?

In some states one can be NPA and vote in a D/R presidential primary.  Where I lived that was determined by the state party. Ds allowed it and Rs didn’t.  Rules for the governors race and local elections may not be the same as in a presidential election.  

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Correct.  Because I am NPA, the respective parties decide if I can vote in the Presidential Primaries to determine who the state selects.  When there are multiple candidates for a specific party, the party will normally restrict participation only to registered party members to reduce the likelihood that non-party members will conspire to skew the votes away from the popular candidate.

28 minutes ago, Keleth said:

No.

Agree with you. Maybe because we grew up in a system where MPs have constituents?

Telnaes.png?resize=600%2C428

It's suggested that Telnaes bowdlerized her question by substituting the word 'feet' for another nether body part.

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

No.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Agree with you. Maybe because we grew up in a system where MPs have constituents?

Seems you both didn't pay attention when your teachers explained the principle of representative democracy.

Didn’t have a teacher at school who talked about that, jeba. Which class was that supposed to have been in?

It's "Luddite 101" or "Living outside of human civilization 101" class. In German Bundestag they vote by hands, the electronic voting cards and digital voting record to be introduced in January 2142. Since Demokratie is an old German word (from "Demos" - old High German for "wheat beer", and "Kratie" - old High German for "Schnitzel"), he thinks that the German analog voting is the "true" representative democracy.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Didn’t have a teacher at school who talked about that, jeba. Which class was that supposed to have been in?

I think it was in grade 11. Sozialkundeunterricht. The idea behind it is that those elected are hopefully better educated / informed / have more time to think things through than the electorate and therefore should make wiser decisions.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

It's "Luddite 101" or "Living outside of human civilization 101" class. In German Bundestag they vote by hands, the electronic voting cards and digital voting record to be introduced in January 2142. Since Demokratie is an old German word (from "Demos" - old High German for "wheat beer", and "Kratie" - old High German for "Schnitzel"), he thinks that the German analog voting is the "true" representative democracy.

You also seem to be one of those who weren´t too attentive at school.

15 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Indeed - they kill potential people.

All those poor sperm didn't get a chance to fertilise anyone.

Are you a priest now?

:rolleyes: