Twice-impeached former single-term President Donald "Jenius" T**** and his lackeys

208 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

Unfortunately true 

Source https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-lies-false-presidency-b1790285.html again

https://www.irishpost.com/news/donald-trump-made-30573-false-claims-during-his-4-years-as-us-president-202015

but you can read it everywhere on the internet, from normally accepted news sites.

Some people need s new set of glasses on this site, maybe its time to have a Balti curry

Put it in the curry!!

1 hour ago, Findus said:

Image may contain: text that says 'Senator Ted Cruz @SenTedCruz TedCruz By rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement, President Biden indicates he's more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh. This agreement will do little to affect the climate and will harm the livelihoods of Americans. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC Nice tweet Sen. Cruz! Quick question: do you also believe the Geneva Convention was about the views of the citizens of Geneva? Asking for everyone who believes US Senators should be competent and not undermine our electon to incite insurrection against the United States'

That level of stupid is either learned of done on purpose.

If not Cruz would still be at home trying to work out how to open the door to the toilet.

Although I think it shows just what he thinks of the people he is calling to for support. He thinks they are basically dumb ignorant people, if thy will prove him right, well....

17 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

That level of stupid is either learned of done on purpose.

It‘s a tried-and-true tactic in the US:  if you want Americans to be against something, tell them the French are for it.  If you want Americans to be for something, tell them the French are against it.

I‘ve heard that trick works in the UK as well B)

10 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I‘ve heard that trick works in the UK as well B)

How very, very true!

Just the one glorious exception :

Concorde made its first commercial flight yesterday (45 yrs ago)

On 22/01/2021, 09:04:55, balticus said:

I have read that anger is 4 times more addictive than crack cocaine for many, but the weight gain from excess levels of cortisol and the long term effects of the stress are not worth the fleeting delusion of virtue one might experience.

Would you have a link? Was it a preprint or has it already been peer-reviewed?

4 hours ago, jeba said:

Would you have a link? Was it a preprint or has it already been peer-reviewed?

It could be that i was just poking fun at Jeffo, even though he doesn't have much of a sense of humor about such things.   😇

The current prediction is that not enough Republicans will vote to convict Trumpo in the Senate.

I really don't get it. He actually attempted a coup, and Republican senators think they are more likely to be re-elected if they acquit.

I'm assuming Rebpublican senators are not stupid, so they must know that their voters really are.

Trump Pressed Justice Department to Go Directly to Supreme Court to Overturn Election Results

In his last weeks in office, former President Donald Trump considered moving to replace the acting attorney general with another official ready to pursue unsubstantiated claims of election fraud, and he pushed the Justice Department to ask the Supreme Court to invalidate President Biden’s victory, people familiar with the matter said.

Those efforts failed due to pushback from his own appointees in the Justice Department, who refused to file what they viewed as a legally baseless lawsuit in the Supreme Court. Later, other senior department officials threatened to resign en masse should Mr. Trump fire then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, according to several people familiar with the discussions.

Senior department officials, including Mr. Rosen, former Attorney General William Barr and former acting Solicitor General Jeffrey Wall refused to file the Supreme Court case, concluding that there was no basis to challenge the election outcome and that the federal government had no legal interest in whether Mr. Trump or Mr. Biden won the presidency, some of these people said. White House counsel Pat Cipollone and his deputy, Patrick Philbin, also opposed Mr. Trump’s idea, which was promoted by his outside attorneys, these people said.

“He wanted us, the United States, to sue one or more of the states directly in the Supreme Court,” a former administration official said. “The pressure got really intense” after a lawsuit Texas filed in the Supreme Court against four states Mr. Biden won was dismissed on Dec. 11, the official said. An outside lawyer working for Mr. Trump drafted a brief the then-president wanted the Justice Department to file, people familiar with the matter said, but officials refused.

If the WSJ knows who they are, so do the Biden Administration and Speaker Pelosi. Expect this testimony at Trump's impeachment trial. Butch Bowers has not got a chance.

3 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

The current prediction is that not enough Republicans will vote to convict Trumpo in the Senate.

I really don't get it. He actually attempted a coup, and Republican senators think they are more likely to be re-elected if they acquit.

I'm assuming Rebpublican senators are not stupid, so they must know that their voters really are.

Of course, you're right. This group of power hungry, ass-kissing sycophants couldn't do what was best for the US if it would save their own children's lives.  Power means more to them than moral rectitude.

Actually, there are indications (and we need to treat them as such just now) that 17 GOP senators are willing to work with the Democrats.

Let's if they really vote against The Don in the impeachment trial.

17 minutes ago, Metall said:

Actually, there are indications (and we need to treat them as such just now) that 17 GOP senators are willing to work with the Democrats.

My understanding is that they need 17 Republican senators to vote to convict him in order for it to happen. That's assuming that all the Democrats vote to convict. So far, they have maybe 6 out of the 17 needed. Source - CNN last night.

1 hour ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

On the other hand, I'd think that it would be in their own self-interest to convict Trump and then bar him from ever taking Federal office in order to prevent him from running in 4 years. 

@engelchen Mitch the nasty but wise turtle agrees with you. 

But the current word on the street is that senators are not even going to consider the merits of impeaching him, because they will find fault with process. 

You can't impeach an ex-president, now is time for unity. Democrats are trying to tear this country apart with endless impeachment.

24 minutes ago, engelchen said:

On the other hand, I'd think that it would be in their own self-interest to convict Trump and then bar him from ever taking Federal office in order to prevent him from running in 4 years. 

I agree, but one problem is that the representatives who voted for the impeachment are already paying the price.  
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/21/trump-revenge-gop-impeachment-backers-461189

20 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

@engelchen Mitch the nasty but wise turtle agrees with you.

Mitch plays it close to the vest.  Hard to know what he really thinks.  He’s obviously pissed at Trump for screwing up with the riots and the GA senate elections, but in the end Mitch is for Mitch, and he’s one evil, calculating 🐍 in the grass.

I was/am trying to be hopeful Trump will be convicted.  I’m not a gambler, but if I were forced to wager a bet today I’ld have to bet a conviction won’t happen.  I really really wanna be proven wrong.  

1 hour ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

You can't impeach an ex-president

He was already impeached in the House. The Senate trial determines whether he is convicted of the crimes that got him impeached. 

Or do you think he should have no accountability for inciting a riot where 5 people were killed?

55 minutes ago, Metall said:

The Constitution doesn't require two thirds of the Senate to vote for a conviction, but two thirds of the members present.  Prior to the vote, someone should announce Trump is holding a rally in Northern Virginia.  This should draw enough of his fanboys away long enough to secure a conviction by those remaining.  Even if only three senators remain in the Senate chamber, only two will be required to vote "yes" in order to convict.  :lol: