Twice-impeached former single-term President Donald "Jenius" T**** and his lackeys

422 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

This fuckwit just doesn't give up -

Not as long as he has an audience, which he did (cheering Mar-a-Lago guests 😱).  Lock him up please🙏.

"Secret William Barr memo saying not to charge Trump must be released, judge says"

(CNN) A federal judge this week rejected the Justice Department's attempts to keep secret a departmental opinion to not charge former President Donald Trump with obstruction at the end of the Mueller investigation, calling the administration's lawyers "disingenuous."

The department had argued in court that the largely redacted March 2019 memo was legal reasoning that helped then-Attorney General William Barr make a decision about Trump. But federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson said she believed Barr and his advisers had already decided they wouldn't charge the President with a crime before he got the written advice, and the memo was partly strategic planning instead of legal reasoning -- and therefore could be made public.

The decision adds to the criticism federal judges and others have had about Barr and his handling of the end of the Mueller investigation. Jackson and others have repeatedly questioned Barr's motives to keep documents related to the investigation -- including Mueller's findings and Barr's reactions to them -- secret or by delaying their release.

Sorry I didn't come across this 1960 Pogo panel sooner. And even sorrier that it's still relevant six months after the 2020 election. And sorriest of all that the denial continues to draw followers.

48 Walt Kelly ideas | walt, pogo, kelly

Fremount, the boy bug and perennial candidate, appears to have inspired Trump. 

6096547e7d167_tinpottrump.jpg.1244346ae1

Hard to imagine what a tRump tinpot dictatorship would be like...

Here's what it looks like when someone actually tries to stifle the rights given under the First Amendment. Another GOP big lie: "Those guys are trying to harm free speech...(whispering loudly) hahaha! Nope, it's really us doing that again."

Democrats and free press advocates blasted a new report showing that the Department of Justice (DOJ) under former President Trump obtained phone records of Washington Post reporters and attempted to access their email records. 

The broadsides came after The Washington Post revealed that the DOJ during the Trump administration tried to get the information of reporters Ellen Nakashima and Greg Miller, who still work for the paper, and Adam Entous, who previously reported for it, over their reporting into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. 

“This is a direct attack on the First Amendment by the Trump Justice Department. Anyone who was involved in this authoritarian style intimidation and is still at @TheJusticeDept, should be fired. And history really, really is not going to be kind to Bill Barr,” Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) tweeted, referencing former Attorney General William Barr.

“The Justice Department shouldn't go spying on journalists at the whims of an administration. This should never have happened. When the government spies on journalists and their sources, it jeopardizes freedom of the press,” the American Civil Liberties Union added. 

The Post also panned the letters, with Cameron Barr, the paper’s acting executive editor, saying “The Department of Justice should immediately make clear its reasons for this intrusion into the activities of reporters doing their jobs, an activity protected under the First Amendment.”

The DOJ informed the reporters that it had received toll records associated with the following telephone numbers for the period from April 15, 2017 to July 31, 2017, and sought “non content communication records” for reporters’ work email accounts but that the department never got the information. 

The letters sent to the reporters did not specify when the information was obtained, but the DOJ told the Post that the effort was started in 2020. Barr, who served as attorney general for all of 2020 until Dec. 23, would have had to greenlight the effort to seek the reporters’ information.

“Way beyond Nixon at his worst: Trump Justice Department secretly obtained Post reporters’ phone records!” tweeted John Dean, a former White House counsel for Richard Nixon.

Not sure where to post this, so i'll put it here..

A wonderful Youtube comment to the video above:

"If Kamala Harris was a member of the Wu-Tang Klan, let's just say the world would have a little more magic out there. I would start to believe that Bigfoot existed. The Vice President of the United States of America would have Cut a Rap album. The woman would be quoting Tupac in her acceptance speech and we would all be better for it. "

And the utterly delightful Randy Rainbow dropped a new song yesterday, too:

"Calm down, Mr. Fister". LOL.

37 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

And Bette said this

#BenAffleck & #JenniferLopez might be back together? Aww. That's nice, but I was hoping that if we could bring anything back from the early 2000's it would be my pelvic floor muscles.

Thanks, FF - now I have coffee all over my monitor.

I don't know how many ways I can say this, but no position in any organization is going to keep the insurrectionists from facing justice.

Marine Corps officer becomes first active-duty service member charged in Jan. 6 attack, DOJ says

A Marine Corps officer was arrested Thursday and charged with assaulting police officers at the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, making him the first service member on active duty charged for his role in the deadly riot, the Justice Department said.

Maj. Christopher Warnagiris is accused of forcing his way inside the Capitol on Jan. 6 by pushing through a line of officers guarding the building's East Rotunda doors. Video footage showed Warnagiris pushing a Capitol Police officer who tried to close the doors, the Justice Department said.

Warnagiris, 40, who's stationed at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, Va., is facing several charges, including assaulting, resisting or impeding officers, obstruction of law enforcement, and obstruction of justice. He is among several dozen people with ties to the military who are facing charges related to Jan. 6. The Justice Department said it has charged four guardsmen and reservists and about 40 veterans. 

Kiss the pension goodbye. Kiss lifetime healthcare goodbye. Kiss that honorable discharge goodbye. You have to ask these people if it was worth it. Did I not say that supporting Trump will get all your good things gone? ETTD

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ted Cruz's Op-Ed. The commentary on it is hilarious:

https://youtu.be/uAZe8KlF1fY

I'm surprised that Ted Cruz still has a political career to be honest!

11 minutes ago, Mackle said:

I'm surprised that Ted Cruz still has a political career, to be honest!

@Mackle, it's  because Cruz's constituents don't care that he isn't honest.