Twice-impeached former single-term President Donald "Jenius" T**** and his lackeys

340 posts in this topic

Look at this lying fucking heifer now!

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims

Right-wing lawyer Sidney Powell is claiming in a new court filing that reasonable people wouldn't have believed as fact her assertions of fraud after the 2020 presidential election.

The election infrastructure company Dominion Voting Systems sued Powell for defamation after she pushed lawsuits and made appearances in conservative media on behalf of then-President Donald Trump to sow doubt about the 2020 election results. Dominion claims that Powell knew her election fraud accusations were false and hurtful to the company.

In a new court filing, Powell's attorneys write that she was sharing her "opinion" and that the public could reach "their own conclusions" about whether votes were changed by election machines.

"Given the highly charged and political context of the statements, it is clear that Powell was describing the facts on which she based the lawsuits she filed in support of President Trump," Powell's defense lawyers wrote in a court filing on Monday.

"Indeed, Plaintiffs themselves characterize the statements at issue as 'wild accusations' and 'outlandish claims.' They are repeatedly labelled 'inherently improbable' and even 'impossible.' Such characterizations of the allegedly defamatory statements further support Defendants' position that reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process."

Election authorities and Dominion have resoundingly called Trump's loss in the election accurate and untainted by any possible major security risks. Trump's lawyers and his allies quickly lost or dropped all but one minor case out of nearly 60 following the election, as the then-President sought to overturn Joe Biden's win in multiple key states.

Unbelievable @AlexTr. I would say that at least she is admitting in public that she is a complete J2 (where is he by the way? I still want to know why none of the stuff he said would happen, has happened!!) but there will still be people out there who will believe the stuff that she originally said about widespread voting machine manipulation.

They may work at the circus, but doesn't change the fact that they will still believe this shite.

2 hours ago, Mackle said:

I would say that at least she is admitting in public that she is a complete J2 (where is he by the way? I still want to know why none of the stuff he said would happen, has happened!!)

J2 has vanished in a Puff of Logic. :D :D

1 hour ago, Metall said:

J2 has vanished in a Puff 

Also a possibility

With the various lawsuits and investigations currently going on, I was surprised to hear one of his advisors announcing that a Trump social media platform will be launching in a few months, with a lot of companies offering to be involved.

My first thought is that Larry Ellison will be involved, since he's about the only person in Big Tech that I can think of who is very close with him. So if Uncle Larry is involved, would that mean TikTok is too?

605c53aa0cb28_antisocialmedia.jpg.afc4f0

He who shall not be named is starting his own social media platform (maybe that should be antisocial)

Users will first have to agree to post only lies, and a thumbs-down Hate button is the only option. 

I’m very glad that none of them have tried hugging or kissing me, I think it would be fatal 😵

Donald Trump bashed President Joe Biden during a wedding reception at his Mar-a-Lago golf resort Saturday night, a sad video obtained by TMZ revealed.

Gone were the crowds of thousands, but pop-in guest Trump continued to campaign at a reception that was supposed to be about the just-married couple, John and Megan Arrigo. As TMZ quipped: “Enough about the couple, let’s talk about me.”

“I get all these flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about China, they’re telling me about Iran — how’re we doing with Iran? How do ya like that?” Trump told laughing guests, who were presumably waiting for something about the couple.

The whole embarrassing thing

10 hours ago, fraufruit said:
the whole embarrassing thing

Thanks for the heads up. I checked it out for the fremdschämen and was glad for the cringe-warning.  That was hard to watch.

6 minutes ago, Mackle said:

Even treating a wedding as a campaign rally... unbelievable . 

well, if you get married at Mar de Lago, presumably on purpose, then you’re quite literally asking for it and may even enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

well, if you get married at Mar de Lago, presumably on purpose, then you’re quite literally asking for it and may even enjoy it.

Ha, yes I guess no one would get married there unless they were hugely MAGA and probably a Trump donor to boot

"Trump must face 'Apprentice' contestant's defamation lawsuit: NY court"

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York state’s highest court on Tuesday cleared the way for a former contestant on “The Apprentice” to sue Donald Trump for defamation, after the former U.S. president called her a liar for accusing him of sexual assault.

Trump had argued before leaving the White House on Jan. 20 that Summer Zervos could not pursue her case because a sitting president could not be sued, but the state Court of Appeals said in a brief order that “the issues presented have become moot.”

The order likely means Zervos’ case will return to a Manhattan trial court, and give her lawyers an opportunity to question Trump under oath.

Zervos came forward during the 2016 presidential campaign with accusations that Trump subjected her to unwanted kissing and groping after she sought career advice in 2007, two years after her appearance on his reality television show.

She sued Trump in January 2017 after he branded such allegations by women “lies” and retweeted a post calling Zervos’ claims a “hoax.”

Zervos has been seeking a retraction or an apology, plus compensatory damages and punitive damages.

Speaking of Trump cronies, lackeys, and sycophants, I heard Matt Gaetz has a minor problem.

Matt Gaetz the subject of an investigation for a sexual relationship he had with a minor.

Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., is under investigation by the Department of Justice for a sexual relationship he allegedly had with a 17-year-old girl, the New York Times reported Tuesday. 

The investigation was started in the final months of the Trump administration under then-Attorney General William Barr, the Times reported. The agency is looking into whether Gaetz, a close ally of the former president, violated federal sex trafficking laws by paying for the young woman to travel with him outside of Florida. 

Gaetz told the Times that while his lawyers have been in contact with the Justice Department, he had been told he is not the target of an investigation.

“I only know that it has to do with women,” Gaetz told the paper. “I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward.”

In a telephone interview Tuesday evening with Axios reporter Johnathan Swan, Gaetz clarified that he was innocent. 

"The allegations against me are as searing as they are false," Gaetz said. "I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."

"I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated," Gaetz added. "You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."

As the story continued to gain traction Tuesday night, Gaetz tweeted that he and his family have been the target of an extortion plot under investigation by the FBI and that the story of his relationship with a minor was intended to "thwart that investigation." 

God, please let him keep tweeting and let there be recordings.

In conservative Florida,  the age of consent is 18.

8 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

let there be recordings.

and thus the seething multitudes of Facebook and Twitter did spread the evidence of wrongdoing throughout the land, yea verily and with gusto did they re-tweet and Like and adorn their utterances with colourful icons and hashtags in abundance