Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need some new inspiration...

11 posts in this topic

So, I bought an old wooden bareel and cleaned it up and it looks good...   BUT, Its still a barrel...

What can I make of it?    I need a chalenge...  Maybe a Wireless/bluetooth base box for a soundbar... a fancy light? 

My mind is blank...   Need ideas/sugestions...

d4MdZIUMgntqNPW5qzouPZuXsG7Tdknkgme3Hleh

Place it outside, near an entrance. Plant Spring bulbs inside ( do not need to fill totally with soil -, block the lower part with wood or plank).  Will look lovely in Spring.

I would cut it in half, around the circumference, and make two planters.  For outside planters, drill a couple of drain holes in the ends and put some large stones in the bottom before filling with dirt.  For inside planters, find a suitable plastic tub that will fit in the barrel half to hold the dirt.

We had a half barrel pond for about 10 years - it moved at least 4 times and was brilliant. We put a liner inside it and mini pond plants. Soon there will be minibeasts for Lilly to watch - a tiny pond is huge fun. 

I have seen people make nest-type chairs out of half barrels, which would take care of the second half. It would need some comfy cushions. 

I think you might be looking for more 'techy' ideas though, which I am all out of ;)

Oh fair point.

The chair would be OK :), the pond as I remember was easy to keep once we set it up - fish are horrific, so we didn't go there, water plants not so much, but there would be some faffing about involved.

How about a shower tray for the garden (cut to knee height)? You hose down out there in summer, right?

Or turn it upside down and use it as a drinks bar. Or Stehtisch.