Where to buy FFP2 facemasks in Berlin?

104 posts in this topic

FYI. The cheap stuff on Amazon and most of it in Real and idealo or whatever is from China. I do not want to buy Chinese facemasks, the irony is just too much. China is still pushing the idea that corona came from imported food from the US or other foreign devils. So here's a list of made in Germany (or Europe) masks and direct links on where to buy: https://www.reddit.com/r/de/comments/kxre4v/liste_ffp2_masken_made_in_germany_europe_nach_en/ 

I bought mine last week from a place on that list, so prices may vary, but honestly aren't too steep. 

On 23/01/2021, 16:39:22, dessa_dangerous said:

so, the strap broke off mine after one day.

Do I even dare to use the rest of them?  Now after under an hour use I have one mask with a fucking hole in the side of it.  I can fix it, but that bothers me.

Anyone else had a mask just pop off their face for no reason?  Maybe it was just bad luck?  I'm feeling pretty verarscht at the moment.

Yes, although not with the 'new' kind (which are not required where I am, but I jumped on the bandwagon like everyone else), but the blue kind. Once in the middle of a grocery store, the bloody strap popped and I had to crouch down low pretending to look at cheap pickled items in a corner, while sneakily knotting the strap back on with a hole I made by stabbing the mask with a pen. Pretty McGyver, but it worked. 

Our toddler also finds it absolutely hilarious to rip masks off and won't stop until they're thrown on the ground. He's sent at least 9 to their 10000 year garbage mound grave. 

18 hours ago, bauman said:

Thanks for the explanation, however anyone who wears glasses knows that a perfect, airtight fit is impossible - wire or not.

Fog shows the limitations of a half-face mask, that's all.

Yeah, no.  A filter mask is a FILTER - not an airtight, impermeable barrier.

I'm really getting quite annoyed with all of this "air and water vapor escape the mask, so it's useless" nonsense.

Yeah you're right, but some masks have really good wires. I wear glasses, and I've come across these once or twice. I don't know the brand, though, so I haven't been able to find them.

The other thing you can do, that doctors and nurses do, is tape the mask at the top. Annoying, yes, but if you're walking straight to the supermarket or something, it's a good option.