Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bauplatten help.

7 posts in this topic

Hello 

I need some information about bauplatten, I am renovating a house and I have one wall with bauplatten on it and was wondering how to seal joint between bauplatten and gypsum sheet, do I use uniflott, render, acrylic sealant or something else and help would be appreciate.

thanks

You have to use the tape that Spider Pig linked to. It needs to be flexible so that the uniflott finish doesn't crack. The boards will shift ever so slightly over time, creating a hairline crack. How do I know? because the previous owner of my house didn't do that for one of my walls. 

This guy on youtube is an expert on everything drywall : https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatKiltedGuyHowToVideos 

thanks for the reply, I have the glass fibre tape and have used it throughout the house just wasn't sure if the uniflott would adhere to the bauplatten well enough. the sealant looks like a good idea to.

What you linked to is a specific Adhesive for Jacobboard... its a polyuretane type board and not Acryl.. ( Caulk in english)

A tip.... if you can, make a double thickness of plasterboard or even better, one skin being a 12mm OSB platten, then the plasterboard on top... This makes the risk of joints cracking almost non existant AND, no need for any special ralwplugs when fixing things! 

Take a look in my renovation blog in "Blogs"...    I know what I am blabbing on about!