Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor refuses because of corona actions

61 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

And when your wife or your baby dies because you were too stubborn to follow acceptable and normal protocols, how comforting will your interpretation of the statistics be?

Very smart comment... Same way you are today when 70 times more people dies RIGHT NOW in Germany.

How did you get 16k rep points?

7 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

And when your wife or your baby dies because you were too stubborn to follow acceptable and normal protocols, how comforting will your interpretation of the statistics be?

That's not very nice, dude.

The situation is how it is and you have to live with it (or you move somewhere else). You found another doctor, why complain about the old one?

Sound's like you are annoyed and want payback. I don't think you will get the outcome you are expecting for the time you'd have ot ut in on that.

What I or anyone else thinks on here may make you feel better (if we agree with you) or not (if we don't). End of the day,  an opinion here will not change your situation.

You can test this, pick an opinion above you feel agrees with your, go to the doctors and say 'well, user  [insert username] from TT say I am right' and see what happens.

I'm guessing nothing will change.

We have another thread for general discussion about the virus and what is being done about it etc.

2 minutes ago, vaonba said:

That's not very nice, dude.

It was not intended to be nice and I am not a dude.

Anything else?

Given that balticus is one of the forum's most prolific covid deniers, it's no wonder you latched onto his message.

As to why deaths in Sweden continually seem to be trending down, it's because they fudge the numbers:

There are two ways that COVID-19 deaths can be presented over time: by the date of death, or the date on which the death is reported. Neither of these methods is necessarily better than the other—but it can affect comparisons across countries and over time if these methods are not consistent.

In the data that we present on Our World in Data, which comes directly from the European CDC, deaths in Sweden are shown by date of death, while deaths in other countries are shown by date of report.

This matters because it takes a number of days until all deaths for a particular day are reported. In practice this means that Sweden might today only report 10 deaths for yesterday, but once reporting is complete the death count for that day might increase to 40.

The death counts for the last 10 days in Sweden should therefore always be interpreted as an incomplete count of the deaths that occurred in this period.

You made the choice to conceive in the middle of a pandemic, which of course is your prerogative. But you'll either have to live with the consequences of that decision or find medical staff who share your taste for the fantastical when dealing with reality.

Whatever the outcome, I hope all of you remain happy and healthy and don't endanger anyone else on your journey toward parenthood.

1 hour ago, Maaxxx said:

Well, sorry, look carefully. All data are there.

Let's compare it with their neighbors and with Germany. Sweden is doing really, really bad compared with comparable countries, i.e. low populational density and not much cross-border traffic. Germany does not have the geographical advantage of Sweden, but is still in much better situation. And bear in mind, Sweden delays data for several days, so current situation is worst than it looks on the news, as @El Jeffo stated.

Sweden_04.png.653bdf747db1917ce9139f1a00

3 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

Very smart comment... Same way you are today when 70 times more people dies RIGHT NOW in Germany.

How did you get 16k rep points?

Are we all in agreement we're wasting time with this and the OP is; not to use any forbidden words, a Nordic under bridge dwelling creature?

BUT It's morphed into a useful Covid discussion with @MikeMelga charting like a champion.

Speaking of which I recently read about the biggest black hole: Top something. 66G suns.

56 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Are we all in agreement we're wasting time with this and the OP is

I am.
I wish you all the best, but I am not going to participate in the duscussion, where nobody was able to answer the main question about authority where pregnant woman could try at least to protect her rights.

At the same time 90% of people make offtopic and very rude messages. I might be wrong, but it is my choice. And I chooce not participate in society where members like posts about humilation that spouses care about their baby and other messages suggesting death of a woman and child.

I am out. have fun here. still with love, maaxxx. :wub: kiss

It seems a bit cherry-picking. Considering they have less restrictions with no lockdown, Sweden doesn't do that badly by comparison. 
Again, just a single country. So no real conclusion whether lockdown is good or not. A lot of other factors. 
But people really like to see Sweden fail. Not very nice imo. It's real deaths after all. 

coronavirus-data-explorer-min.png

Sorry, but not telling you what you want to hear doesn't make it "offtopic [sic] and very rude". The global coronavirus pandemic does not care one wit about you, your spouse, or your unborn child. The hygienic measures have been implemented for your safety and the safety of those caring for you - because if you infect them, they won't be able to help others, either. It's about solidarity and performing the civic duties that come with being part of a society.

If you choose to disregard those measures and ignore the helpful advice of the forum members, all that's left to say is...

60059f34e9725_4ef91294e22d5f56649fababaa

13 minutes ago, vaonba said:

It seems a bit cherry-picking. Considering they have less restrictions with no lockdown, Sweden doesn't do that badly by comparison. 
Again, just a single country. So no real conclusion whether lockdown is good or not. A lot of other factors. 
But people really like to see Sweden fail. Not very nice imo. It's real deaths after all.

It's not cherry picking. It's comparing countries with similar geographical and cultural situations. You cannot compare high density, family oriented Italy with low density, largest number of single house owners in the worlds, Sweden. But you can compare Italy with Spain, Portugal, France. And you can compare Sweden with its Nordic relatives.

3 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Sorry, but not telling you what you want to hear doesn't make it "offtopic [sic] and very rude". The global coronavirus pandemic does not care one wit about you, your spouse, or your unborn child. The hygienic measures have been implemented for your safety and the safety of those caring for you - because if you infect them, they won't be able to help others, either. It's about solidarity and performing the civic duties that come with being part of a society.

If you choose to disregard those measures and ignore the helpful advice of the forum members, all that's left to say is...

60059f34e9725_4ef91294e22d5f56649fababaa

Some people just want to roll the way they want to roll.

What people tend to forget is, we are not actually under any kind of contract to provide any advice at all. All that is posted is given freely, wanted or not. This is an internet forum after all

I'm always waiting for that post that says 'how can I best bungee jump off this big tower near where I live using tied together elastic bands with my two kids tied to my legs' followed by everyone saying 'are you crazy', the the odd 'well, just remember to use longer extra thick bands and good sturdy belts for the kids' and the eventually 'why can't people just answer my question' post.

1 hour ago, Maaxxx said:

I wish you all the best, but I am not going to participate in the duscussion, where nobody was able to answer the main question about authority where pregnant woman could try at least to protect her rights.

AKA hearing the answer you WANT to hear. :D

The universe (and Toytown) don't roll that way.

Maaxx- no-one is suggesting you do not care about wife and baby to be. As a Health care provider, and Midwifery is one of my qualifications, I understand your concern and wish to be together. The restrictions are there to try and protect everyone. 

The scan is not a long procedure, staff are trained to help and support all patients. I already suggested using whatsapp, FaceTime to keep in touch.

I worked through SARS, lost colleagues then and now with Covid19.  Please listen to the medical staff.

I wish you and your wife all good health, and a happy family.

6 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

Thanks, glad to hear some solid arguments.

Re Sweden - their at the the top. I think it is more important to look for the tendency and not just the averages of the past.

All numbers are from WHO.

But the history is important.  The first wave in Sweden was tougher than other countries, but the second wave has hit other countries like Germany harder.  I find the arguments from Scientists who believe the spread is inevitable to be most convincing.  

Some posters continue to group Sweden with other Scandinavian countries via simplistic thinking that cohorts can be determined by dividing the population by the land mass as if population density is uniform.  🤪

Swedens cities have a much higher population density than these non-cohorts.

By the way, half the people answering your question about the Doctor do not have kids nor do they have any feeling for what a miscarriage is like.   Lots of entitled yuppies who get very uncomfortable without structure.  

IMG_20210118_172720.jpg

I just got back from the future.  Was reading about a couple who just got married and the parents of the bride or groom (I don't recall which) insisted on going on the honeymoon.