Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor refuses because of corona actions

61 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, SusieT said:

Let me put it this way, if the husbands of any previous patients had been carrying the virus, and it was possible to know that through them your wife and child caught it you would not be worried??  
I am sure that your wife can handle a few minutes away from you to make sure the baby is safe, and if there was a problem before I would have thought all the more reason for the scan to be done early. 
The doctors are looking after the health of your family and also hundreds of others, you may not take the virus seriously but if you both walked out of a scan because it meant you could not be there, you are certainly not taking the pregnancy seriously either. 

If a husband of previous patient had been carrying the virus then his wife would be too with a very high probability, so it does not matter worried am I or not – my wife would be also infected.

If my wife asks me to help her and to be with her, I prefer to be with her instead, as you suggest, telling her “I am sure that you can handle a few minutes away from me”. So sorry, may be I am wrong.

7 minutes ago, Tap said:

I can see you're going to be a bundle of laughs over the next months.

If you really don't agree with the way things are done here, and it seems you don't, maybe you should think about moving to somewhere that suits you better.  As the saying goes "you are not a tree!"

Thanks, I will consider.

54 minutes ago, Maaxxx said:

Don’t you want to tell this to 10 million people in Sweden, who never had a lockdown and now have one of the lowest mortality rate in the world at same time here in germany people lose jobs, companies, lifes and commit suicides?

Where are you getting those numbers??? Really! You just shot yourself in the foot with that one!

1 hour ago, Maaxxx said:

...Don’t you want to tell this to german and other governments who spend 99% of time discussing how they will once again deprive us of our rights and only 1% of their time discussing how they will increase effectiveness of the virus treatment as people continue to die, including my close relatives?

...If you want I can continue, just ask me...

Uh-oh. 

@Maaxxx has got me started

I've been self-isolating for ten months, masking, and distancing for ten months, along with many others around the world, and @Maaxxx is complaining about a few minutes out of his life. We're trying to protect him, Mrs. Maaxxx, and little Maaxxxchen from a disease which has killed two million people around the world and almost 400,000 in the USA, where I live. 
Well, for many people seeing is not believing; it is only seeing.
Maaxxx, you can keep the green I gave you. It was just for saying 'Thank you.'

8 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

Don’t you want to tell this to 10 million people in Sweden, who never had a lockdown and now have one of the lowest mortality rate in the world at same time here in germany people lose jobs, companies, lifes and commit suicides?

Good luck to you and your wife finding a Doctor.

You might notice that many of the people on Toytown try to out-German the Germans by submitting to authority and attacking anyone who dares to question the efficacy of the rules.   In addition, there are many who have trouble looking at more than one health issue and assessing the relative risk.    

Sweden is roughly middle of the pack in terms of deaths/1 million though.    In my opinion, they took the correct approach acknowledging that harsh lockdowns have economic, social, and health related negative consequences which needed to be balanced against COVID.    

Sorry for being an unsympathetic asshat.

but I just don't get this:

Oh please, my wife is so sensitive she needs my emotional support to get through this entirely routine procedure. 

Even though there are prudent medical rules to try and protect medical staff on the corona front lines, we are so special and sensitive, that the medical staff should break their own rules and increase their risk; BECAUSE our sensitivities are so important.

Ew. It’s unfortunate. But some people just don’t take the pandemic seriously.  
I mean a lot of people died. Seems like psychopathic behavior.

A lot of people have died of this disease - although it should be mentioned that the average age at the time of death is around 82. There are some outliers of course BUT the vast majority of deaths occur in those who are very old or who have serious co-morbidities.

From middle age onwards however, you have a good chance of being left maimed to one extent or another, if you survive. It's not a black and white issue.

If Maxxx and his wife are so stressed now, I wonder how they will cope once the baby arrives.

25 minutes ago, optimista said:

From middle age onwards however, you have a good chance of being left maimed to one extent or another, if you survive. It's not a black and white issue.

This is so true.  Younger people have a better chance of surviving Covid, but they can be left with long term effects and nobody can say how long those effects will last, or how bad they will be.  I certainly don't want to take that chance.

On 1/17/2021, 8:07:58, balticus said:

Sweden is roughly middle of the pack in terms of deaths/1 million though.

Thanks, glad to hear some solid arguments.

Re Sweden - their at the the top. I think it is more important to look for the tendency and not just the averages of the past.

Deaths pro 1M population week 11.01.2021:

Finland 0.6
Norway  0.7
Sweden  1.2 (no lockdowns)
Germany 73.2 (several and ongoing lockdowns)

All numbers are from WHO.

On 1/17/2021, 12:07:54, MikeMelga said:

Where are you getting those numbers??? Really! You just shot yourself in the foot with that one!

Heve you ever tried to get any numbers? Look for my post above.

PS. Be careful with your feet.

I’m not seeing those numbers from the WHO with regards to deaths.  These are absolute numbers, but basic math tells me Sweden is not doing better per capita than Germany. 
Germany - 46,419 (pop 83 million)

Sweden - 10,323 (pop 10.2 million)

Norway - 517 (pop 5.3 million)

Finland - 618 (pop 5.5 million)

26 minutes ago, Maaxxx said:

Thanks, glad to hear some solid arguments.

Re Sweden - their at the the top. I think it is more important to look for the tendency and not just the averages of the past.

All numbers are from WHO.

Those numbers are only for one week. In total Germany has 564 deaths per million compared to 1003 deaths per million in Sweden.

From what I can tell @Maaxxx is right. I couldn't find the WHO data he referenced.
But according to the following data, Sweden is doing alright considering the minimal restriction:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/525353/sweden-number-of-deaths/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Unless statista is very untrustoworthy, I personally would call it a success. An according to him, the latest weekly data is even better.  

Dunno how the economics is doing over there. 

I tried googling "sweden success coronavirus". But couldn't find anything.

There was this article though: https://www.ft.com/content/b376ae27-4889-4f54-803d-8507de9dcb7e

It's very strange, like borderline propaganda in comment section and in the article itself.

Since it's just one country and it has restrictions just not a full lockdown, it's obviously unscientific to say no lockdown works. 
But objectively, the numbers don't seem bad. 

5 minutes ago, MunichDesi said:

Those numbers are only for one week. In total Germany has 564 deaths per million compared to 1003 deaths per million in Sweden.

Read this:

I think it is more important to look for the tendency and not just the averages of the past.

Deaths in Germany trends up, in Sweden - down. All graphs at WHO site and Johns Hopkins University.

16 minutes ago, norcal_sf said:

I’m not seeing those numbers from the WHO

Well, sorry, look carefully. All data are there.

2 minutes ago, Maaxxx said:

Read this:

Deaths in Germany trends up, in Sweden - down. All graphs at WHO site and Johns Hopkins University.

And when your wife or your baby dies because you were too stubborn to follow acceptable and normal protocols, how comforting will your interpretation of the statistics be?