Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor refuses because of corona actions

61 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

My wife had an appointment today at a doctor which we waited 4 weeks, she is expecting. She had an ectopic pregnancy before so it is very stressful procedure for her and of course we wanted to be together at this very important moment.

But doctors at the praxis have refused to make an ultrasound if we are together because they have a “without accompanied person” corona-rule. My wife and I have tried to explain them that it is very stressful procedure for her because of previous complications and we need it only first time and then she will be visiting alone. But doctors just ended the discussion very rudely and asked us to leave.

What do you think about this situation? Of course we made an another appointment at another praxis (luckly we need to wait only another 10 days), but can my wife make some kind of complain? If yes, to which authority?

Thanks!

I think you'll find this has become standard in many European countries at the moment.  It seems very unfair, even cruel, but I know it's happening.  I have someone quite close to me going through IVF treatment here in Frankfurt, and her husband can't come in with her at any point during the treatment.  I also know that this is the case in Ireland, the main maternity hospital in Dublin have set part of the car park aside for expectant fathers to wait while their wives are giving birth inside.  They are not allowed in, even if it's a "difficult" birth.  I'm not sure complaining will get you anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Maaxxx said:

but can my wife make some kind of complain?

I assume that she can but like @Tap I do not believe it will get you anywhere (apart from causing more stress).

48 minutes ago, Maaxxx said:

What do you think about this situation? Of course we made an another appointment at another praxis (luckly we need to wait only another 10 days), but can my wife make some kind of complain? If yes, to which authority?

Normal these days. Just accept it.

Who do you want to complain to? And at such short notice? People can’t even visit their dying parents, grandparents etc...

It is stressful, and I understand you want to be there together. These are abnormal times, sadly. 

Why not co-ordinate Face Time, Whatsapp together so you be Virtually with her!

Hard to believe that, after waiting 4 wks. for the appointment, she didn't go ahead and do it. Especially with her history. Now she has to wait 10 more days.

Will you be allowed in at the next appointment?

Guys, thanks a lot for the answers. The idea with online video is very interesting, although I hope we don’t need this in that case, but it might get handy in others, even so I am not sure that Germans will not find another way to forbid such actions as well.

Our friends recommended us a praxis, which has only a positive reviews and they are not afraid this corona insanity. So they told us we need to wait but they allow partners together.

Also thanks for the link. Sure, it does not make any sense to file a complain in such situation everywhere. Nobody will understand...

...But I also do not understand, since when the psychological health of the pregnant woman and, if you want, a new life became less important than buying a pair of glasses or a bottle of beer, because you are free to go there millions time a day.

9 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

and they are not afraid this corona insanity

You appear not to take the Corona pandemic too seriously?

But guuuuyz, it's their baaaaabyyyyy. It's a special time. 

Rules are for the normies, don't you get it?

In which Bundesland do you live? My wife and I had to each have specific appointments merely to pick up our glasses today and the grocery store here will not even allow couples to shop together. 

Also, not for nothing, but the ob/gyn is not the doctor responsible for the psychological health of a mother. For that you need a transfer and to go to a psychologist, which I recommend for you both.

13 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

Our friends recommended us a praxis, which has only a positive reviews and they are not afraid this corona insanity.

I've found many crackpot doctors with great reviews in Germany. Not being afraid of "corona insanity" should raise red flags.

What is more important? A proper evaluation of your wife condition with 30 minutes of untethered emotional support? Or risking the technical part just to be close by? Remember you are taking care of TWO lifes, not just one.

Just do a video call and get it done PROPERLY and FAST!

15 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

Our friends recommended us a praxis, which has only a positive reviews and they are not afraid this corona insanity.

Maybe this statement needs clarification.  Are your friends not afraid of this "corona insanity" or is the Praxis not afraid?  If the Praxis is not taking this situation seriously, then I recommend finding another Praxis.

15 hours ago, Maaxxx said:

...But I also do not understand, since when the psychological health of the pregnant woman and, if you want, a new life became less important than buying a pair of glasses or a bottle of beer, because you are free to go there millions time a day.

When I go to a shoe store or a restaurant, I don't expect all of the customers to be ill or infected with something that will give a swift kick to my lifespan.  When I go to my Doctor's office, I expect everyone in the waiting room to be hosting some vile disease incompatible with my well being.  Visiting an OB/GYN can be an invasive meeting, with more opportunities to transmit a stray virus or bacterium than the local shoe store...unless I shove a boot up someone's ass.  Limiting the number of non-medical personnel in an examining room could be a reasonable step in reducing the likelihood that the next patient will receive the unintentional gift you left behind.

14 hours ago, HEM said:

You appear not to take the Corona pandemic too seriously?

Only am I?

Don’t you want to tell this to german and other governments who spend 99% of time discussing how they will once again deprive us of our rights and only 1% of their time discussing how they will increase effectiveness of the virus treatment as people continue to die, including my close relatives?

Don’t you want to tell this to Herr Spahn, because his ministry rushed to implement now questionable lungs ventilation spending billions of EUR, while Herr Spahn buys something very fancy and thousands people died because of the procedure and not the virus itself?

Don’t you want to tell this to 10 million people in Sweden, who never had a lockdown and now have one of the lowest mortality rate in the world at same time here in germany people lose jobs, companies, lifes and commit suicides?

If you want I can continue, just ask me.

Yeah, I do not take it seriously... Because I do not support measures when a pregnant woman denied to be with her husband in the critical for her moment and at the same time several unrelated people allowed to be together and spread the virus on and on while buying new pair of glasses at an optic outlet, chatting with a consultant and having fun about how cool they look.

And finally, search at least for “Virus Mania” book, look for reviews, read it, analyze at least some of the 1000+ references in this book and then we will discuss my seriousness once again.

"Sapere aude"

13 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

But guuuuyz, it's their baaaaabyyyyy. It's a special time. 

Rules are for the normies, don't you get it?

When you, your partner or people who liked your post will loose unborn child, please come to me once again and I will allow you tell this to my wife. Good luck.

13 hours ago, Tap said:

As of yesterday, this "corona insanity" has taken the lives of over 2 million people worldwide.  Doctor's practices are taking precautions, not only for themselves so they can continue to treat people, but also for their patients.  The person I spoke about in an earlier post, had to be told that her IVF treatment hadn't worked, while her husband waited outside.  It wasn't nice, but they both knew it was safer this way.

I understand your concern, we're all going through this, but it has to be done to try to reduce the numbers of people being infected.  

Sorry to hear, but this was not well thought decision on their part. Please just look for "Preparing for IVF: Emotional Considerations" and other related articles. You will see, that stressful time like now and even exactly partners separation during the treatment will with higher probability lead to woman’s body rejecting implantation.

I can see you're going to be a bundle of laughs over the next months.

If you really don't agree with the way things are done here, and it seems you don't, maybe you should think about moving to somewhere that suits you better.  As the saying goes "you are not a tree!"