President Joseph R Biden Jr. 46th President of the United States

205 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, yesterday said:

But I much prefer 2 tribes ... probably my favorite from that band. I think Relax was the biggest number from them, but again not my cup of tea

Fully agree. But it needs to have the little voiceover done by... I think Rimmer from Red Dwarf?... at the start of it

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Sadly that doesn’t surprise me.

So would you suggest to declare any permits granted by the US government illegal? That´s what you might well consider appropriate if you assume that native Americans should be the lawful rulers of what is nowadays the US?  And while you´re at it you may as well suggest to return Southern Tyrol to Bavaria as it was stolen from Bavaria by Napoleon and donated to Italyand  parts of Poland that are nowadays Russian to Poland. Where do you stop?

51 minutes ago, jeba said:

So would you suggest ...

that you are always thinking about what’s convenient for yourself rather than what’s the truth.  And that’s enough said.

4 hours ago, jeba said:

And keep on transporting oil by trucks and rail? Or switch off electricty?

Are you suggesting this pipeline is being built for environmental reasons and not so the US doesn`t have to rely on the Middle East for oil ?

Of course not, but that´s a collateral benefit. And not the only one - which is why the Canadian government is the guarantor for it´s debt (as it´s Canadian oil which was supposed to be transported by it). They will be delighted to hear that they can write that off.

2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

that you are always thinking about what’s convenient for yourself rather than what’s the truth.  And that’s enough said.

I never said it´s not true that the land was stolen from native Americans 500 years ago. But I´m saying that this can´t be a legal argument and that the US government has legal power to grant permits - or not.

18 hours ago, cb6dba said:

If it was a failure, not so sure, I guess it would depend on what we use as criteria for success.

When we did this in history, we were told that the Turks were about to surrender. We just left first which was about the best decision that could have been made a the time.

The battle probably took up a lot of resources for the Ottoman's but then again, also from our side.

It was a big failure, no objective was achieved. The rest is a nationalist view.

8 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

The lands were stolen, and any permit issued subsequently won’t change the facts. It is incumbent upon us to acknowledge those facts and incorporate them into whatever decision making process ensues. The truth isn’t always pretty or convenient.

Do you think that the Biden administration really gives a flying rat's tail about rectifying the theft of land from Native Americans?

The truth is not always pretty or convenient, nor is it always presented in good faith.  

7 hours ago, john g. said:

Helping you out, Mackle! It really is goose pimpling stuff🙏🏻

https://youtu.be/TYJzcUvS_NU

"!! Video unavailable

This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

I am going to hazard a guess that it is the video of Vangelis playing a piano and smoking a cigarette, whilst some olympians run along a beach?

Also, I vaguely remember a scene in the film where a guy is hurdling and there are glasses of champagne balanced on the hurdles.

Yep! I googled it and it wasn’t blocked! How strange😟.

Have just clicked onto my earlier link and it works...

The UAE is strict when it comes to copyright @john g. so that might be why it isn't working for me.

I uploaded a video of the Dubai Fountain show to my Instagram, and when I view the video Instagram tells me that it doesn't believe that I am the copyright holder of the music in the video (Skyfall by Adele, with the fountains doing a display in time with the music) so doesn't let me hear my own video, but people outside of the UAE can hear it. 

I also cannot hear music in other peoples posts either (unless they are the artist)

23 minutes ago, john g. said:

Yep! I googled it and it wasn’t blocked! How strange😟.

Have just clicked onto my earlier link and it works...

Does not work for me either, maybe its GEMA related

Maybe I need to set my VPN to another location, like Greece

No idea, babe. I am in Greece and I thought maybe “ cool “ and you were in Germany and not “ cool.”

No bloody idea!

Hey, when the film came out in 1982, I was in Brazil and at the beach and when I walked back home from the beach I saw and heard some large loudspeaker thingies outside a record shop - and that was the music!

Went and saw the film there a couple of days later!

The cold weather in the film - and my reality at the time of about 30C!

I loved the film! Guys sticking up for their principles🙏🏻

18 minutes ago, balticus said:

Do you think that the Biden administration really gives a flying rat's tail about rectifying the theft of land from Native Americans?

I think this administration has both a stated desire, as well as a vested interest, in giving them a seat at the table.  That’s an improvement.  🙂

18 minutes ago, balticus said:

The truth is not always pretty or convenient, nor is it always presented in good faith.  

That’s certainly true, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume good faith until/unless they prove me wrong.  🙏

3 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Does not work for me either, maybe its GEMA related

Maybe I need to set my VPN to another location, like Greece

No idea what VPN and GEMA are😂

Karma, babe! I want, I get, I have been a good boy!😂

No, fraufruit! I meant I googled the film/ song etc and it worked and works from here. I didn’t google VPN and GEMA!