President Joseph R Biden Jr. 46th President of the United States

201 posts in this topic

Biden, as a practicing RC, is personally anti-abortion. As an American who lives in a country where abortion is allowed by law, he is pro-choice; that is, he defends choice.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The part of him being a religious Catholic I don't like.

That I also don´t like but I could forgive him. What I can´t though is that on day 1 he already stopped completion of Keystone, a multi-billion dollar pipeline. That´s not a good thing for the environment but it´s increasing environmental risk as it means oil will still be transported. But it will be transported by truck and rail. Which is worse for the environment. And it´s mere virtue signalling to his environmentalist followers which is bad for my holdings of pipeline companies. Which almost makes me wish Trump had won the election - as cringeworthy as he was.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jeba said:

That I also don´t like but I could forgive him. What I can´t though is that on day 1 he already stopped completion of Keystone, a multi-billion dollar pipeline. That´s not a good thing for the environment but it´s increasing environmental risk as it means oil will still be transported. But it will be transported by truck and rail. Which is worse for the environment. And it´s mere virtue signalling to his environmentalist followers which is bad for my holdings of pipeline companies. Which almost makes me wish Trump had won the election - as cringeworthy as he was.

 

Sorry Canada.    The US will need to get some of its heavy crude from another source, most like the middle east.  

 

One company positioned best to benefit is owned by the holding company of one of the most prominent oligarchs in the Democratic party.    Don't hold your breath waiting for hard hitting investigative reporting about this.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNSF_Railway

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, katheliz said:

Thank goodness you can't vote in the US elections, then.

 

It was a beautiful thing to wake up this morning and not wonder what horror Trump had visited upon us overnight.

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden rejoins Paris climate pact. 

 

Quote

Hours after Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States on Wednesday, his first actions in the White House included signing two executive orders related to climate change — a move that environmental activists say heralds an administration that is ready to take bold steps to undo the damage done over the past four years.

That the executive orders came on the day of his inauguration signals that Biden is serious about the commitments made on the campaign trail to prioritize climate action, said Andrea Marpillero-Colomina, a clean transportation advocate for GreenLatinos, a nonprofit organization that focuses on environmental and conservation issues that affect the Latino community.

 

"The administration is sending a message, and it's really exciting and important that these conversations are happening so early," Marpillero-Colomina said. "My hope is that these actions are just the beginning of a sustained climate-oriented agenda."

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"If the doorbell rang in her apartment, she would say, 'What fresh hell can this be?' — and it wasn't funny; she meant it." You might as well live: the life and times of Dorothy Parker, John Keats (Simon Schuster, 1970, p124).
Profession: Critic; Poet; Writer
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, katheliz said:

Thank goodness you can't vote in the US elections, then.

Are you saying the wellbeing of the US is more important than my dividends?:lol:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jeba, I won't waste your time by asking if you want my honest answer - which, by the way, is YES! :) 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeba said:

That I also don´t like but I could forgive him. What I can´t though is that on day 1 he already stopped completion of Keystone, a multi-billion dollar pipeline. That´s not a good thing for the environment but it´s increasing environmental risk as it means oil will still be transported. But it will be transported by truck and rail. Which is worse for the environment. And it´s mere virtue signalling to his environmentalist followers which is bad for my holdings of pipeline companies. Which almost makes me wish Trump had won the election - as cringeworthy as he was.

No one cares about the environment, not even the radical activists. What people want is environmental theater: to continue consuming goods but not feeling bad about it. So, people expect some populist steps like this. 

 

This is not unexpected and was not unexpected. If you bought these stocks thinking Trump wins, well, bad luck, but it was not unexpected. 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yourkeau said:

No one cares about the environment, not even the radical activists. What people want is environmental theater: to continue consuming goods but not feeling bad about it. So, people expect some populist steps like this.

 

I am very much against that point of view. This thing that we need to make sacrificies is the best chance big corporations has to stop change.

We don't need to make sacrificies to save the environment. THEY have to make those sacrificies. If we stop eating meat or rice, if we fly less, if we use more public transportation, that won't be enough to save the environment.

This is a typical guerrilla war tactic to put us fighting each other. We should be focused on pushing THEM to make sacrificies, not fighting each other about stupid things like eating meat or rice!

And when I mean them to make sacrificies, this is not destruction of value. It is transfer of value from one stagnant business to a disruptive one. With public support, this can happen faster.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I am very much against that point of view. This thing that we need to make sacrificies is the best chance big corporations has to stop change.

We don't need to make sacrificies to save the environment. THEY have to make those sacrificies. If we stop eating meat or rice, if we fly less, if we use more public transportation, that won't be enough to save the environment.

This is a typical guerrilla war tactic to put us fighting each other. We should be focused on pushing THEM to make sacrificies, not fighting each other about stupid things like eating meat or rice!

And when I mean them to make sacrificies, this is not destruction of value. It is transfer of value from one stagnant business to a disruptive one. With public support, this can happen faster.

What has that to do with the pipeline? 

 

If you want people to drive and fly less build the fucking railway. Norway announces ban on combustion engine car sales. So far so good: there are neither highways nor high-speed railways in the country, people fly instead. Norway will look very beautiful: only Teslas on the roads. Will reduce pollution? Well...

 

Germany: did everything to transfer cargo transport from the railway to trucks. Also no new passanger railway lines are being built, but new autobahns yes. But a lot of "green talk" about electric cars. 

 

Look at Grand Cental Terminal in NYC to see what US railways formerly were. And where they are now...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

600937e0d1787_allquiet.jpg.40dfa49ea43c1

Must have been an ANTIFA plant.

We all know that no trump supporters have been near any capital since the 7th, no, wait, the 5th of January.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, katheliz said:
"If the doorbell rang in her apartment, she would say, 'What fresh hell can this be?' — and it wasn't funny; she meant it." You might as well live: the life and times of Dorothy Parker, John Keats (Simon Schuster, 1970, p124).
Profession: Critic; Poet; Writer

 

I've read all her novels.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Metall said:

A toast to our new President Joseph R. Biden!!!

 

And I hope Alex will forgive me that I just changed the title of this topic. :) :)

 

Do you forgive me too? ;) 

 

...and, at last, no caps-lock, no ranting, no lying, no slurs, no whining, just a good man doing his job:

 

  https://twitter.com/POTUS

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful:

 

"National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman at Presidential Inauguration"

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jeba said:

That I also don´t like but I could forgive him. What I can´t though is that on day 1 he already stopped completion of Keystone, a multi-billion dollar pipeline. That´s not a good thing for the environment but it´s increasing environmental risk as it means oil will still be transported. But it will be transported by truck and rail. Which is worse for the environment. And it´s mere virtue signalling to his environmentalist followers which is bad for my holdings of pipeline companies. Which almost makes me wish Trump had won the election - as cringeworthy as he was.

Yer let`s not worry about the sacred land it`s running through or the highly suspicious eminent domain purchases of peoples property.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Actually we kinda do the praying thing together.  Don’t know how to explain it, but we just do.  😂

Yer usually after mass shootings.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now