Looking to move to Germany from Scotland After Brexit

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Thought it might be best to post it here in a new thread.

I am looking to move from Scotland to Germany probably within a year (covid depending etc...).
Since Brexit has happened (something i voted against) i was wondering if anyone has any information on the process required to move from the UK to Germany now Brexit is in effect? Documents required, Things needing to apply for etc...

I am currently waiting for the foreign birth register to open again to start the application for my Irish Passport ( i know this is the best option )  but unsure 1. when it will reopen and 2. how long it will actually take to get it.

Thanks!

Chris,

UK Gov. Website- living in Germany / moving to Germany after Brexit.

They have updates on what you need re Visa, Health Insurance, work etc.

Hi there, just wondering if since Brexit has happened is it still possible to get a work visa in Germany for i think it was 3 months? As, in move there from the UK on the work visa and have 3 months to find a job? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Chrismtb said:

It was a question to see if anyone knows, as i have searched Google and it is unclear.

germany-visa.org seems to have a lot of info on the job-seeker visa, but you have to do a lot of reading.  Like, on the first page half-way down it says six months.

On 13/01/2021, 11:48:58, Chrismtb said:

Hi there,

Thought it might be best to post it here in a new thread.

I am looking to move from Scotland to Germany probably within a year (covid depending etc...).
Since Brexit has happened (something i voted against) i was wondering if anyone has any information on the process required to move from the UK to Germany now Brexit is in effect? Documents required, Things needing to apply for etc...

I am currently waiting for the foreign birth register to open again to start the application for my Irish Passport ( i know this is the best option )  but unsure 1. when it will reopen and 2. how long it will actually take to get it.

Thanks!

Chris,

Where you born in Scotland or Ireland?

18 hours ago, Bobbyhall said:

Where you born in Scotland or Ireland?

I was born in Scotland but one of my grandparents was born in Ireland