Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I moved out and SWM made a new electricity contract after I cancelled with the other company

3 posts in this topic

In the middle of November '20 I moved out of my apartment and cancelled (in time) the electricity contract that I had with Stromio, which was running until the end of the year.

The new tenant made a new contract starting beginning of January, with Stromio again, but they told him there is still a running contract at my name for this apartment (even though the cancellation has been approved). Now I got a letter from SWM (with whom I had no business with until now) stating that since I didn't have any new contract starting from January, they're happily taking over and made me a new contract. What the hell? I will obviously call them and explain the situation but has anyone been in this position before?

Thanks.

It hasn't happened to me but I can kind of guess what happened.  There is a so called grundversorger or main provider in each area.  Sure it's SWM where you live.  When you end a contract with a different provider, they don't just shut off the power until there is a new contract, instead they continue it but you automatically end up by the main provider.  Since your contract was ending with Stromio and you opted to cancel it rather than take it with you, Stromio probably did not know that you moved, hence they would have told SWM that you ended your contract and voila, SWM takes over as your energy provider.  It shouldn't be a big deal though.  Just tell them you moved out.

2 hours ago, LeonG said:

It shouldn't be a big deal though.  Just tell them you moved out.

And give them your final meter reading.