Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Food Truck Berlin Business

7 posts in this topic

A chef friend of mine has the idea to operate a food truck in Berlin given the current and future plight of the restaurant industry, not to mention the Tesla factory opening up.

Which business permit/registration is required? This being Germany id imagine a stack of papers needed.

FYI, he has already built the Food Truck, I’d imagine there must be an inspection permit required for that as well.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, dave415. said:

Which business permit/registration is required? This being Germany id imagine a stack of papers needed.

Yes! Contact the IHK for assistance. 

6 hours ago, dave415. said:

FYI, he has already built the Food Truck, I’d imagine there must be an inspection permit required for that as well.

Gesundheitsamt and possibly also the vehicule registration place. 

16 hours ago, dave415. said:

he did all this work without knowing what permits were required?  not a good start with this business model.

He already has a lot on information about what needs doing.

I’m asking the forum if anyone has experience having accomplished this endeavor.

This useful insight I can then pass along to him.

thanks for chiming in CatJones :)

On 11/01/2021, 00:26:43, dave415. said:

A chef friend of mine has the idea to operate a food truck in Berlin

Your Chef friend won't get very far without an Internet connection or a computer!

On 11/01/2021, 00:26:43, dave415. said:

given the current and future plight of the restaurant industry, not to mention the Tesla factory opening up.

That's backwards in coming forwards. Sounds like your friends idea is not very well thought out or he's forgot to add a few/lots of points. 

On 11/01/2021, 21:07:10, dave415. said:

He already has a lot on information about what needs doing.

Really, I doubt it and I doubt he's even thought of putting together a business plan. Without one it's almost impossible to start a business of this type, for starters he doesn't even know who his target market will be.

On 11/01/2021, 21:07:10, dave415. said:

I’m asking the forum if anyone has experience having accomplished this endeavor.

I used to have stands and sell food on the Street Festivals here in Berlin so I think I have some experience, exactly what are you asking?

One very important thing your friend should factor in, in his idea without a plan, there will be a lot of Restaurants, Cafe's, Imbiss' that will not survive this current pandemic but in one form or another will resurrect themselves, the competition will be immense and everyone will be fighting for the same bit of space, without the experience your friend will burn before the fires even been lit.

Here's my advice, if you're friend has very deep pockets, bucket loads of time, an idea that nobody has ever thought of, a good business plan and money to throw away then he might stand a chance.

On 11/01/2021, 16:47:06, catjones said:

he did all this work without any Research  ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶?̶  not a good start with this business model.

Changed that for you cat:D