Getting Married in Copenhagen + Blue Card Visa running out soon

5 posts in this topic

Dear Ladies/Gents,

My Blue Card extension runs out on the 19th of this month. My German girlfriend and I have decided to get married in Denmark (because it is easier to do so there apparently).

We managed to book a date of marriage on the 19th of February and could not find earlier dates. 

1) Is it possible to send an email to the Auslanderbehorde telling them that I will get married soon? Would that suffice, or even be accepted by the authorities =especially that we chose to get married in Denmark, instead of Germany?

2) If step one is fine, and I do get a job offer that would enable me to continue my Blue Card and decide to delay the marriage again, would that raise any suspicion? 

Any guidance on this matter would be lovely.

Thank you for your time, and I wish you all a happy new year.

Sincerely, 

M.N.

Did you "chose"Denmark as its the easiest way to conduct a "Sham" marriage? 

You wouldnt be the first.. you wont be the last..  The ABH also know this scam... 

Have you looked into the concequenses that the marriage could bring... 

Just asking for a friend...

14 minutes ago, m nad said:

My Blue Card extension runs out on the 19th of this month. My German girlfriend and I have decided to get married in Denmark (because it is easier to do so there apparently).

Are you aware that we are currently in the middle of a global pandemic? Have you considered that you might not be allowed to enter Denmark depending on the rules in effect in February? 

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Did you "chose"Denmark as its the easiest way to conduct a "Sham" marriage? 

Denmark has supposedly made it less convenient for foreigners who go there for a marriage of convenience. 

4 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Denmark has supposedly made it less convenient for foreigners who go there for marriage 

How?

You still need fewer documents there than in other countries. 

yes... I knew that... but if they want to head off to the UK and open a curry house of cornershop, then they are stereotypically fucked...