Niederlassungserlaubnis in Berlin: How long is the processing time??

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Please has anyone recently applied for the NE in Berlin and how long did it take to get a face to face appointment?

I have applied by post since early Oct. 2020 and still have not heard anything back from them.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OMO4life said:

 

I have applied by post since early Oct. 2020 and still have not heard anything back from them.

 

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Buckle up and get ready for the ride. This is my experience with the Berlin office:

 

September 2018: Obtained a permanent work contract, applied for a NE.

December 2018: Received an invoice for €90 to secure an appointment. Paid immediately.

April 2019: Went to the office to ask what was taking so long.  Was told there was a backlog of cases and to expect a processing time of at least 9 months.

June 2019: Visited the office again, was told that a letter sent to me had been returned as an invalid address, and that my application had been tossed. When asked where I had been receiving my mail, I said, "AT THE SAME ADDRESS WHERE I GOT YOUR DAMN BILL!!!"

August 2019: Applied again

December 2019: Received an invoice for €90. Paid it even though I had already paid it before (it's pointless arguing with immigration officials)

March 2020: Visited the office to inquire, same "We're backlogged" story again. 

October 2020: Visit the office to let them know that despite the pandemic restricting services, I had been waiting for a year for my appointment. Was then told my case had been moved to another office on Keplerstrasse that is open one day a week and requires you to either stand in line for 3-4 hours OUTSIDE AT 5 IN THE MORNING to get a call number (and even then you are not guaranteed to get in), or otherwise hire a lawyer to communicate with them.

November 2020: My residence permit is near the expiration date, I'm almost out of time, I'm forced to spend €300 on a lawyer to write them a letter threatening legal action for administration incompetence if they don't move their asses.

December 2020: Received a letter with an appointment. Appeared at said appointment on time and was called over one hour later, as is expected of German authorities. Niederlassung issued. 

 

Good luck, buddy!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the website I used the "refresh page every few minutes" method of finding an appointment a couple years ago, got one that was a few weeks distant. I'm not sure how that works nowadays. Showed up with all paperwork listed on the website, and it was issued. No invoice or anything, I just paid the standard way using the card they give you at the appointment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021, 1:40:50, razorsandroses said:

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Buckle up and get ready for the ride. This is my experience with the Berlin office:

 

September 2018: Obtained a permanent work contract, applied for a NE.

December 2018: Received an invoice for €90 to secure an appointment. Paid immediately.

April 2019: Went to the office to ask what was taking so long.  Was told there was a backlog of cases and to expect a processing time of at least 9 months.

June 2019: Visited the office again, was told that a letter sent to me had been returned as an invalid address, and that my application had been tossed. When asked where I had been receiving my mail, I said, "AT THE SAME ADDRESS WHERE I GOT YOUR DAMN BILL!!!"

August 2019: Applied again

December 2019: Received an invoice for €90. Paid it even though I had already paid it before (it's pointless arguing with immigration officials)

March 2020: Visited the office to inquire, same "We're backlogged" story again. 

October 2020: Visit the office to let them know that despite the pandemic restricting services, I had been waiting for a year for my appointment. Was then told my case had been moved to another office on Keplerstrasse that is open one day a week and requires you to either stand in line for 3-4 hours OUTSIDE AT 5 IN THE MORNING to get a call number (and even then you are not guaranteed to get in), or otherwise hire a lawyer to communicate with them.

November 2020: My residence permit is near the expiration date, I'm almost out of time, I'm forced to spend €300 on a lawyer to write them a letter threatening legal action for administration incompetence if they don't move their asses.

December 2020: Received a letter with an appointment. Appeared at said appointment on time and was called over one hour later, as is expected of German authorities. Niederlassung issued. 

 

Good luck, buddy!

That was a really long ride. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy it came out at the end. I will wait a little until end of January and then go to the office. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021, 9:51:30, snarf said:

On the website I used the "refresh page every few minutes" method of finding an appointment a couple years ago, got one that was a few weeks distant. I'm not sure how that works nowadays. Showed up with all paperwork listed on the website, and it was issued. No invoice or anything, I just paid the standard way using the card they give you at the appointment.

Please, was this an NE application you got an appointment for on their website? And when was this please?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OMO4life said:

I will wait a little until end of January and then go to the office. 

 

In case you've missed it, we are in the middle of a pandemic. The office is closed to applicants without an appointment and applications for NEs are not a priority.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021, 1:26:58, engelchen said:

 

In case you've missed it, we are in the middle of a pandemic. The office is closed to applicants without an appointment and applications for NEs are not a priority.

It makes sense. Thanks. I have also looked up the same information on their website. I will just patiently wait to get a response from them. Thanks again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now