Leaving Munich back to Ireland

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, some advice would be great. My wife, child and I are leaving Munich after 10 years, going to Ireland.  I can work remotely for my German company.  Is there a good time to sign out of Germany and would I be still taxed for all income in 2021 in Germany?  Many regards

Are you sure you are doing the correct thing returning to Ireland? I suppose your child was born here and he may find it difficult adapting to a new country and language..  I came here with my wife and two daughters 49 years ago and would not like to go back. My brother in law was here for a short time 40 years ago and returned to Ireland.. Every time we returned for a holiday he always said that leaving Munich was the biggest mistake he ever made. When we go back for a short holiday now what we enjoy mostly is the return flight to Munich. 

On 1/9/2021, 11:03:32, ballygobackwards said:

Are you sure you are doing the correct thing returning to Ireland? I suppose your child was born here and he may find it difficult adapting to a new country and language..  I came here with my wife and two daughters 49 years ago and would not like to go back. My brother in law was here for a short time 40 years ago and returned to Ireland.. Every time we returned for a holiday he always said that leaving Munich was the biggest mistake he ever made. When we go back for a short holiday now what we enjoy mostly is the return flight to Munich. 

What does he miss of Munich that can't be found in Ireland (apart from the weather)?

Good Augustiner Beer,, Austria, Italy, and other countries just a short drive away but to mention a few... I left norniron 50 years ago, then it was not a peaceful place to live. But. I was thinking about his child who may find it difficult to adapt to a new country, way of life, and perhaps a new language, not to mention leaving his or her friends here. 

7 hours ago, UpToWick said:

What does he miss of Munich that can't be found in Ireland (apart from the weather)?

Weißwurstsenf?