Deregistered but now need to re-register - need more info

6 posts in this topic

Hi Toytown, 

Just before Christmas I deregistered from Berlin as I had a job lined up in the UK (my home country). I was there over Christmas but came back to Berlin to settle my affairs. I got news yesterday that my job offer was rescinded and for now I have decided to stay in Berlin since I own a flat here, etc. My old employer has already said they would keep me in the company. 

Am looking to re-register only a couple weeks after I had already deregistered. Is that going to look fishy somehow? And will that affect any of my previous details, like tax ID and so forth, or do these stay the same? 

thanks! 

Tax ID will stay the same.

Not fishy, people change their minds all the time.

Only point is - Are you a British Citizen? or hold dual with Germany?

thanks @Cheekyfox 

I'm a British citizen. I have applied for Dual (submitted long before Brexit) but it's still in the process. 

Maybe worth asking whether it´s possible to cancel/revoke the deregistration, given that you kept your flat and never really moved out?

Having no Anmeldung in Germany may stop you returning this month. Cancelling the deregistration is worth a try.

I have permanent residency so I managed to get back already. I guess for now I'd like to make sure there are no breaks of my living here, I hope they can cancel the deregistration, or let me register for the same address for the same day that I "left". 

Thank you