I would like to get a kitten !

5 posts in this topic

Hi all :)

I would like to get a kitten, but I would rather adopt than buy. Any guidance on where/how to adopt one?

I prefer to get one that’s still a kitten ..

I search in the forum .. found some older posts  but it’s from 2006 .. 

Thanks a lot

Well excellent decision to try and recycle an existing kitten rather than plump for a new one. 

Now is a sadly excellent time as a lot of kittens and puppies given as Christmas presents will be in animal homes right now waiting to be adopted or mulched.

Go to the Munich animal rescue

I have a kitten to give away (about 4-5 months old). I started feeding it when it was a few weeks old as it seemed to be rejected by it´s stray mother (it´s siblings all died) and the other strays chased it away when the neighbour fed them all. Now it´s squatting at my place and refusing to leave for more than an hour or so. Quite cute. Black with green eyes. About 2 kg. I could probably arrange transfer to Germany via a volunteer organisation of cat lovers if you´re interested (provided they haven´t stopped their activities due to covid).

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I have a kitten to give away (about 4-5 months old). I started feeding it when it was a few weeks old as it seemed to be rejected by it´s stray mother (it´s siblings all died) and the other strays chased it away when the neighbour fed them all. Now it´s squatting at my place and refusing to leave for more than an hour or so. Quite cute. Black with green eyes. About 2 kg. I could probably arrange transfer to Germany via a volunteer organisation of cat lovers if you´re interested (provided they haven´t stopped their activities due to covid).

Sadly it seems that "pet" transport from Greece is slow at the moment, I am waiting for a dog (yes I know a cat is a different species) from a rescue organisation and getting the transport sorted is now very slow, she has been innoculated and ready for a while but with covid restrictions, plus the holiday season its very difficult :( 

What about using an online platform such as shelta.tasso.net  to find a cat to adopt?  I know that Tasso is the agency we registered our cat's microchip with when we moved to Germany, and this site appears to be pulling available cat adoptions from various rescue organizations.