ALG1 & Brexit - Proving German Residency?

6 posts in this topic

Happy new year folks!

 

I was made redundant by my last job. The last day of my contract was December 31st. To tide me over and make sure my health insurance was covered, I applied for ALG1 starting January 1st. This date also happens to be quite a big one for us Brits.

 

In the 'provisional answer' from the Agentur fur Arbeit they have said:

 

"Nachweis Aufenthaltsstatus ab 01.Januar
2021fehlt (Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung/Fiktionsbescheinigung)!"

 

I've been living in Germany as an EU citizen up to now, so don't have one. I do not yet have a 'Aufenthaltsdokument-GB'

 

How should I best proceed?

 

Can I apply for a Fiktionsbescheinigung now?

 

Wait until I get an email from the Berlin Immigration Office for an appointment to get my Aufenthaltsdokument-GB? The Agentur fur Arbeit has asked for proof by the end of February, so I have a bit of time.

 

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are able to apply for a  fiktionsbescheinigung now and it is fairly fast, so may be the easiest way to provide what they want.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've registered for the new Aufenhaltsdokument-GB you should get a letter confirming it; I have one. Surely that would suffice. 

 

Though as we don't have to do anything until end of June it seems to me you shouldn't need to do more than prove your British for the time being.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danke!

 

14 hours ago, Dembo said:

If you've registered for the new Aufenhaltsdokument-GB you should get a letter confirming it; I have one. Surely that would suffice. 

 

Though as we don't have to do anything until end of June it seems to me you shouldn't need to do more than prove your British for the time being.


I got an email, no letter. I thought of forwarding a copy of that yea, but it's from 2019 (i think a copy of when I signed up earlier...maybe 2018) so not sure if it's worth getting some kind of updated version now that Germany has finalized how this will all work?

 

I showed my British passport as my ID, so alas I'm not sure that's enough.

 

15 hours ago, SusieT said:

You are able to apply for a  fiktionsbescheinigung now and it is fairly fast, so may be the easiest way to provide what they want.

 

Sounds like a plan. But does anyone know how to apply for a Fiktionsbescheinigung as a British citizen?

 

https://www.berlin.de/einwanderung/en/services/appointments/#query

 

Can't see an appointment for this online, so guess I'll need to see if they start taking walk-ins anytime soon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, galego said:

Sounds like a plan. But does anyone know how to apply for a Fiktionsbescheinigung as a British citizen?

 

https://www.berlin.de/einwanderung/en/services/appointments/#query

 

Can't see an appointment for this online, so guess I'll need to see if they start taking walk-ins anytime soon

Earlier in the thread you said they had sent you an email, why not just reply to them and say that you need it so can they either send one, or, can they tell you who to contact?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone finds themselves in the same spot, here's what I got back:

 

Quote

bitte legen Sie dem Arbeitsamt, die Registrierungsbescheinigung vor, die Sie angehängt haben und verweisen Sie auf unsere FAQ.

Diese Bescheinigung dient als Nachweis, dass Sie sich weiterhin rechtmäßig in Deutschland aufhalten und Ihren Aufenthalt hier angezeigt haben.

Wir versuchen, bis Anfang Februar alle Einladungen für die hier registrierten Briten herauszuschicken..

 

Die Ausstellung einer Fiktionsbescheinigung ist zwar theoretisch möglich, setzt allerdings die vorherige abschließende Prüfung der Rechte nach dem Austrittsabkommen im jeweiligen Einzelfall voraus, also die gleiche Prüfung, die vor Ausstellung eines Aufenthaltsdokument-GB erforderlich ist. Aufgrund der derzeitigen Coronapandemie und auch aus kapazitären Gründen kommt die Ausstellung einer Fiktionsbescheinigung daher zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt nicht in Betracht.

Aus diesem Grund bitten wir um noch etwas Geduld.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now