Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

One way car rental UK to Germany

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Does anyone know of a company that allows one way travel from the UK to Germany for a large car or small van? Lots of websites offering it but when you click to search for a rental nothing comes up. 

Thanks 

Luke

Many moons ago Europcar used to offer it, but you'd need to speak with someone in their offices as it isn't a standard service.

What is the reason you need one? There might be other alternatives (shared lifts for people, cheap parcel delivery for items etc)? Could you buy a cheap left-hooker on Ebay (from my experience any RHD car is only good for scrap value when it gets to Germany)? 

22 hours ago, dstanners said:

What is the reason you need one? 

We're currently in Germany with our UK right hand drive car. We're going back to the UK next week to pick up the rest of our belongings (in the process of moving to Germany) and also planning on selling our car while there. 

The idea was to try and leave our car there and pick up a rental to take a few things that won't fit in a van plus our cats. 

I looked when I did the same back in January, but didn't find anything. I just hired a large-ish car in Germany and drove to the UK and back. If there's two of you could do that surely.