How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,066 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm fully vaccinated but I haven't taken the covid vaccine yet.  If that makes me an anti vaxxer in the eyes of a guy who thinks it's great news that a pharmaceutical company is pushing their product to 5 year olds ... then so be it.

This sentence does not make sense. Have you received two doses of the vaccine, and one week has passed? Then you're fully vaccinated. Otherwise, you aren't, at all.

Refusing vaccines just so the pharma company does not get money makes zero sense. The government already signed the contract and bought the dose for you. If you don't take it, it will go to the trash (in the lucky case it will be transferred to another country, but mostly not).

Conspiracy theories like "Jews created COVID-19 to earn money from vaccines" make even less sense. The pharma companies will make much more money on people who do get sick. 

I recently got my tetanus jab. I've had all the regular vaccinations but not for Covid. None for covid.  Why does that make me an anti vaxxer ? Life is not binary. My kids got a chickenpox vaccine.  Are the kids that don't get this anti vaxx ? I guess so because according to you,  you either take everything that's going,  or you're anti vaxx. Strange logic .

As for jews creating covid ?? I've never heard that one until you mentioned it.   Are you trying to start a conspiracy theory ?

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I recently got my tetanus jab. I've had all the regular vaccinations but not for Covid. None for covid.  Why does that make me an anti vaxxer ? Life is not binary. My kids got a chickenpox vaccine.  Are the kids that don't get this anti vaxx ? I guess so because according to you,  you either take everything that's going,  or you're anti vaxx. Strange logic .

This is not the thread about tetanus, and there is no tetanus pandemic for now. So, you aren't vaccinated and are waiting for the 10th wave of COVID which you hope to survive because you're young, and no new mutation will make the virus severe for you. 

After the 10th wave of COVID, the FDA will grant full authorization, but collective immunity will hopefully be achieved well before. Or not, depending on who wins this war. 

Regarding anti-vaxxer. Yes, you need just one epidemic to become one. Your (lack of)motivation does not matter because the result is the same: you push the end of the pandemic to some indefinite point. 

72% of Portuguese want the vaccine to be mandatory. I think this will come, at least partially, at least attached to a profession or to school requirements.

52% of Brits wanted Brexit.  Time will tell if the majority were informed enough to make that decision. Or if the decision was based upon political and media lying.  Just sayin. 

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

After the 10th wave of COVID, the FDA will grant full authorization,

Nope. They are planning to do that in January as of now.

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Nope. They are planning to do that in January as of now.

That will be not good enough for Jonny. He is "waiting for a long term vaccine results".

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-claims-major-drop-in-vaccine-protection-experts-dont-believe-it/

But Paran, a senior physician at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center,  argued that the problem with them runs deep, and the definition of “serious illness” has become misleading. It is used for patients whose oxygen saturation drops, which was a good indicator pre-vaccination as it signaled deterioration. But for vaccine-protected patients it is often a brief state that doesn’t signal significant deterioration, she said.

“Take a patient who is in my hospital now as an example,” she said. “He is in his 80s and classed as severe, but only because he had a mild drop in saturation. It was something that any other disease would cause, and which we’re treating well with steroids, but he is classed as a serious case.”

One can see this is true from the statistics:

72 patients classified as severe (up from 29 in May)

Among them 19 in critical condition

15 on ventilators

Unfortunately, there is no data on how many of those are vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Does that mean that the data have not been released or the vaccine status cannot be determined?

I had the impression that Israel was an excellent testing ground precisely because of centralized medical records.    

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-claims-major-drop-in-vaccine-protection-experts-dont-believe-it/

One can see this is true from the statistics:

72 patients classified as severe (up from 29 in May)

Among them 19 in critical condition

15 on ventilators

In the Icelandic news, they said that out of 56 new cases, 43 individuals were fully vaccinated and 2 at some stage of vaccination.  Of course no data as of yet how many of them will end up being serious.  

A stark case in point: During June, every person who died of COVID-19 in Maryland was unvaccinated

New COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations were also predominantly among unvaccinated people, the state said, at 95% and 93% respectively.

In Louisiana, 97% of the state's COVID-19 cases and deaths since February have been in unvaccinated people

The quotes above are from this article: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/statistics-show-risks-vaccinated-covid-19/story?id=78845627

From The Guardian:

UK scientists back Covid boosters as study finds post-jab falls in antibodies

Exclusive: Waning antibody levels are possible warning sign of lower protection in months after vaccination

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/22/uk-scientists-back-covid-boosters-as-study-finds-post-jab-falls-in-antibodies

Scientists have backed proposals for Covid boosters in the autumn after blood tests on hundreds of people revealed that protective antibodies can wane substantially within weeks of second vaccine shots being given.

On 21/07/2021, 09:27:19, yourkeau said:

That will be not good enough for Jonny. He is "waiting for a long term vaccine results".

Ruff ruff - Album on Imgur

On 7/22/2021, 11:39:45, balticus said:

Does that mean that the data have not been released or the vaccine status cannot be determined?

I had the impression that Israel was an excellent testing ground precisely because of centralized medical records.    

Not released. I took this from Ministry of Health website, I don't know why they decide to publish this data but not that one. Also, there were reports that the data for severe patients is not accurate, i.e. someone spent time collecting statistics from hospitals, and Ministry of Health stats shows more severe patients than in reality (which is good news).

I was diagnosed with Acute Pancreatitis a few days after getting my 2nd dose of Pfizer-Biontech and was in hospital for a week. I have no gall bladder, i don't drink and no trauma. Tests, scans (MRI, Endoscopy) couldn't detect anything. I strongly believe this was due to Vaccine...

Pfizer vaccine efficacy in Israel is down to 39%. 

Ahem. Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads, but still prevents severe illness

Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.

“We have to be mindful that, with time, the effectiveness of these vaccines may wane,” said Dr. Isaac Bogoch, an infectious disease professor at the University of Toronto.