How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   146 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,426 posts in this topic

@dessa_dangerous Most colds you don't catch are those you had before or at least a strain that was similar enough. When I first moved to the UK, I had a permanent cold for the first year and my UK partner didn't, now I rarely get them, because I've seem them or a strain close enough to them before. (Same effect when I moved to the US. And not just me. Every new arrival went through this.) Flu works the same way, that's why it sometimes hits younger people more than old ones, as  they haven't seen a similar strain before. As covid is such a new strain, you will catch it. Not might.

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

There's stories of people who have just recovered from covid being pressured by their doc to get vaccinated. 

Care to share these ?

No FB etc stories though.

Just now, Marianne013 said:

As covid is such a new strain, you will catch it. Not might.

No.

Sorry but that´s bollocks,there is a greater chance of you catching it without being vaccinated but no 100% certainty you will.

People who smoke get Cancer but not every smoker gets cancer.

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Of course it's scare tactics.  There's stories of people who have just recovered from covid being pressured by their doc to get vaccinated.  The mainstream media are trying to scare everyone. There was even a story in the UK daily telegraph saying scientists admitted they'd gone too far with the scare tactics. 

You know what, I had covid, I had (have?) the  antibodies to prove it and I still got vaccinated. It doesn't do me any harm and I am just not such a special cookie that I need to hold everyone up with special treatment. Simples.

32 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I personally know both slim, active, fit young people who contracted it and died, as well as overweight, 50s+ people that caught it, had mild-ish symptoms, and survived.

That is the real problem,there seems to be no hard and fast rules to how it will affect people.

@Marianne013 Ha ha, so, I'm just so old that I've caught all the colds and flus my European coworkers should have been battling their whole lives?  It wouldn't be that I was more careful about shoving my dirty hands into my eyeballs and mouth, drank more water, got more sleep, drank less alcohol, and had less stress?  Or that I simply washed my hands more, especially when a cold was making the rounds?  Sorry, the argument that I'm not getting colds other people, with whom I am in close contact, are getting, is because I've "already had a strain of it"--because I am Methuselah--is not very convincing.  I am not from here and I am far from the oldest at my work.  There are people who simply catch every cold and some who don't.  

15 minutes ago, Feierabend said:

Who are the eejits who say that? 

not the news. It is an interview with Professor Christian Drosten, the most prominent virologist in Germany working on covid.

2 minutes ago, Keleth said:

That is the real problem,there seems to be no hard and fast rules to how it will affect people.

I thought that was Dessa's point !

When you get told you will get COVID and die if you do not take the vaccine, you are being fed crap news, that is wrong

1 minute ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@Marianne013 Ha ha, so, I'm just so old that I've caught all the colds and flus my European coworkers should have been battling their whole lives?  It wouldn't be that I was more careful about shoving my dirty hands into my eyeballs and mouth, drank more water, got more sleep, drank less alcohol, and had less stress?  Or that I simply washed my hands more, especially when a cold was making the rounds?  Sorry, the argument that I'm not getting colds other people, with whom I am in close contact, are getting, is because I've "already had a strain of it"--because I am Methuselah--is not very convincing.  I am not from here and I am far from the oldest at my work.  There are people who simply catch every cold and some who don't.  

I very rarely get a cold.The wife gets at least 1 a year which I never seem to catch off of her.

Yet when I get one of my rare colds she will guaranteed within a few days of me getting it will get it too (yer nowadays it´s down to her fucked immune system but this has been happening since I´ve known her)

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

God, the interface has just decided to insert multiple quotations and I can't get rid of them.

@Keleth I think you are wrong. This is a virus we are talking about here, not something that increases your chance of cancer. For example, the lifetime infection rates with rotavirus and chickenpox are basically around 100%, if not vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

No.

Sorry but that´s bollocks,there is a greater chance of you catching it without being vaccinated but no 100% certainty you will.

5 minutes ago, ruapehu said:

not the news. It is an interview with Professor Christian Drosten, the most prominent virologist in Germany working on covid.

No, not only.  Three times I watched their own news anchor with his little graphics and then wrapped it up by saying, if you don't get jabbed, you can expect to catch Covid.

5 minutes ago, yesterday said:

When you get told you will get COVID and die if you do not take the vaccine, you are being fed crap news, that is wrong

to be fair, they said nothing about getting it and dying.  Just that you will definitely get it.

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Yet again more proof that you do not read the stuff you link ffs.

That is about doctors recommending people who have had the virus getting vaccinated.

That is not about doctors pressuring them to get vaccinated.

Doctors recommend you get a colonoscopy after the age of 55 for males but that´s not them pressuring you into having a camera shoved up your arse.

14 minutes ago, Keleth said:

This is the problem with you and to some extent @dessa_dangerous, somehow you both think oh there is no evidence that Covid will affect me so why do I need to change.

Surely you must give your body the best possible chance of defeating the virus, and that involves change.

1 minute ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Surely you must give your body the best possible chance of defeating the virus, and that involves change.

Yep but most of those comorbidities are impossible to change.

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yet again more proof that you do not read the stuff you link ffs.

That is about doctors recommending people who have had the virus getting vaccinated.

That is not about doctors pressuring them to get vaccinated.

Doctors recommend you get a colonoscopy after the age of 55 for males but that´s not them pressuring you into having a camera shoved up your arse.

A doctor recommending something to a patient is mild pressure to some people.  It could also be coercion to others.  Because you would always trust a doctor.  Right ? 

12 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Only because they die of something else first.

Sensible answer: It obviously depends how many people get vaccinated. If 99.9% do, and you're one of the 0.1% you're probably fine. The virus won't be circulating. OTOH if 40% refuse then probably everyone will get it sooner or later, unless they're lucky enough to die first. Anti-vaxers who don't have their kids vaccinated against Measels claim that because their kids don't get measels they were right to do so. But the reason their kids don't get measels is because all the other kids have been vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

This is the problem with you and to some extent @dessa_dangerous, somehow you both think oh there is no evidence that Covid will affect me so why do I need to change.

Oh I know Covid will fuck me up if I get it (unless you have a cure for type1 diabetes) which is why I take precautions.

Its people like Jonny and Balticus who seem to think because they´re supposedly not fat or old that it won´t affect them

2 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yep but most of those comorbidities are impossible to change.

Really ?? Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure can be reversed by slimming down,  eating healthy and exercising more.