How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   87 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

518 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

back on topic: am I the only one who naively wishes schnell-tests would make this all go away?

Like, life is going as usual, except to get on a plane or into a concert or a bar, you have to pass the test.聽 Even if it takes 15 minutes.聽 People would have an incentive to isolate before travelling, so they don't waste the money on a plane ticket.聽聽

It sounds like a lot of garbage/waste, but I'm not sure the number of masks clogging up the sewers is any better at the moment.

Additionally (this probably belongs in coronachat/conspiracy nuts/whatever聽but oh well, it's Friday), am I the only one who wonders what happens if there IS something wrong with the vaccine, and the population of Earth is vaccinated en masse, and in forty years the human race is all but extinct?聽 Someone tell me I'm not the only freak that thought about that聽:lol::ph34r:

You are not the only freak with that thought! Freak, yes, but not alone! Have had the same thoughts!

40 minutes ago, Keleth said:

2f7ff438d0f17a2241af8d84e3661f1f.jpg.2e2

Better off without us humans, keleth.馃檹馃徎

19 minutes ago, john g. said:

You are not the only freak with that thought! Freak, yes, but not alone! Have had the same thoughts!

someones getting too big for his boots!!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

not all people are just throwing them around willy nilly

oh!聽 I certainly didn't mean to imply that.聽 I doubt anyone intentionally drops them on the ground and I've not yet personally witnessed聽anyone throwing one away in any manner at all.聽 I have, however, seen a number of them hanging off one ear and trailing behind them, I've seen a few dangling from hijabs聽:lol:聽and hanging dangerously out of pockets and purses.聽 I think it's probably just a small, flexible, lightweight聽object that聽people are constantly shifting and messing with all day, putting them on, taking them off, even worse if you're out and about and taking聽trains and buses and going in and out of shops and getting a bite to eat and smoking a cigarette and聽taking聽a phone call and and and... it's not like they make a sound when they hit the ground--it's to be expected that a lot of them will get lost.

Seen plenty on the ground here, dessa. Along with other litter. Intentional for litter bugs.聽
But the messing around all day with the other stuff ( here ) with filling in the Emergency Movement Form every time you leave home聽) and you leave home and - a bit like 鈥 where are my glasses?鈥 .. you can forget if you are wearing the mask or not.

That happens as well!

10 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

someones getting too big for his boots!!

Why are you getting too big for your boots?馃槀

Ah, Christmas! Puss in boots!

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

good point optimista, as said they put the vaccine in 40,000 peoples arms so far, and estimated a 92% effectiveness. We are not going to get an estimation of true effectiveness until, hundreds of millions have had the vaccine and over a number of years - but we can only wait for that

Actually, 95% was effectiveness in terms of getting covid. The effectiveness against serious developments was 100%.

As I mentioned previously - vaccine science is well.understood. 聽The 1770 date I referred to is when Edward Jenner started inoculating people against smallpox. 聽He changed the world.

In the past, major trials for vaccinations typically went for two years or so (polio, measles, etc.). 聽 Our understanding of how viruses work has increased dramatically in the last 60-70 years. 聽Proof of that is the yearly tinkering with the flu vaccine. 聽The last truly horrific flu pandemic was in 1968 (although the 2009 pandemic could have been worse).

A vaccine in one year is not unreasonable given our capabilities.

Trust the science.

I just got back from the future.聽 After months of vaccinations the conflict now is between vaccinated people not wearing masks (they say they cannot get infected and cannot infect others) vs. mask people who want masks worn into perpetuity.聽

In other news, the Berlin gigafactory is now on hold.聽 Wind environmentalists claim the building is blocking normal wind currents.聽 As usual, the german government is taking it seriously.

4 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

The 1770 date I referred to is when Edward Jenner started inoculating people against smallpox. 聽He changed the world.

Jenner himself had been聽innoculated as a child against smallpox, using live smallpox, variolation had a聽long history.聽 Cowpox vaccine was a great improvement.

19 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I dunno.聽 You shell out between 鈧100 and 鈧400 a night for the room, the hotel's not going to go broke because you took more boiled eggs and聽ten-cent rolls聽than you could eat at one setting.

I'm not saying do it or don't do it, I'm saying who on god's green earth gives a celestial shit.聽 They've definitely聽paid for it.聽 Doesn't concern me.

Sure, if a hotel charges 400 a night,聽they are probably not going to go bankrupt if you take a couple of extra buns and a plate full of smoked salmon or ham or something to stuff them聽with.聽 Did you pay for it though?聽 Well, unless your conditions said聽"breakfast buffet plus packed lunch" I would have to say no.聽 They're not going to go bankrupt either if you take a couple of towels or a bathrobe but did you pay for them?聽 Unless your conditions said free towels and bathrobe "to take home" then I would have to say no you didn't.

Most of the hotels I stay at are聽mom and pop places.聽 They usually charge well under a 100 so yeah, it might still not bankrupt them if ppl make packed lunches but they'll feel it a lot more than a 400鈧 hotel.

On 12/12/2020, 1:11:46, Space Cowboy said:

Trust the science.

Science made it possible for stupid people to survive, reproduce, post antiscience crackpottery, and eventually elect their own president.聽

However, I think, most people want to get to normality and this time the quackers lose.聽

P.S. Our home Wi-Fi network's name is "Covid-19 5G Test Station".聽

31 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

P.S. Our home Wi-Fi network's name is "Covid-19 5G Test Station".聽

Are you crazy? WiFi gives you brain cancer. It's a widely believed fact.

Why the hell is the upload limit still 245 kB, is it 1994 or something?聽

So, here is the article with the vaccine testing results (I cannot upload it, but it must be open access):

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

A total of 43,548 participants underwent randomization, of whom 43,448 received injections: 21,720 with BNT162b2 and 21,728 with placebo. There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6). Similar vaccine efficacy (generally 90 to 100%) was observed across subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, baseline body-mass index, and the presence of coexisting conditions. Among 10 cases of severe Covid-19 with onset after the first dose, 9 occurred in placebo recipients and 1 in a BNT162b2 recipient. The safety profile of BNT162b2 was characterized by short-term, mild-to-moderate pain at the injection site, fatigue, and headache. The incidence of serious adverse events was low and was similar in the vaccine and placebo groups.

They did get 1 severe case of Covid-19, out of 21720. That is 99.995% efficacy, but still not 100. They don't claim this either.聽

Small pox was the 1st vaccine to have anti vaxxers and for good reason. Please check this if you like. But then google and facebook are burning books these days !!!聽

Smallpox.JPG

Like proving God exists, those figures are impossible to verify today - or even back then. They are certainly聽 - at best - incomplete. And thus meaningless.

Let the antivaxers have the pox. And the other nasties. Pity their kids though.