How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

  1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

    • I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
      85
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
      6
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
      3
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
      11
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
      2
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
      19
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,831 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

@Tap

 

That's not an ideal situation and fingers crossed it improves quickly. With the time between the first and second vaccinations I'm assuming this is BionTech rather than AZ? I don't think there have been any reported cases of thrombosis with the mRna vaccines but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

 

Asking you to decide for yourself really isn't acceptable from a Dr. He should at least be able to give you the pros and cons or refer you to someone who can.

 

Remember you don't have to have the 2nd BionTech injection 6 weeks after the first. In the UK they were giving the 2nd injection up to 12 weeks after the first for all vaccines and not just AZ so you can always postpone the 2nd appointment for a few weeks and you will still have similar protection against corona.

 

I'm considering postponing the second shot until I know more.  I actually appreciate my doctor being honest with me, he's just giving me his experience so far and he feels there isn't enough evidence for him to give me a clear ok to get it.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

Although joint pain and other flu like symptoms are common, you are the first I've heard about who got them a month later.  Did the hospital dr. think this was connected to the vaccine?  I found an article here: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/feel-covid-vaccine-may-blood-151907504.html about thrombosis after J&J and it says if it happens, it's 1-3 weeks after the shot and it tells you the symptoms.  Since you are getting another shot, you didn't get J&J though so I don't know.

 

 

The hospital didn't think it was connected, but my doctor suspects that it might be, but can't be sure because they don't have enough experience with side effects of the vaccines, and that's the problem for me.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, catjones said:

 

Classic.

Nothing more helpful than an indecisive doctor.

 

I appreciate his honesty, I've always found him a good doctor

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tap : I got my first Biontech jab 4 weeks ago, and had joint pain for one day, fatigue for two days.

But interestingly, my TCM (Chinese medicine) doctor told me yesterday a number of acupunture points typically irritated by the vaccine are still reacting on my body. I hadn't even told him about my vaccination.

Just my two cents that reactions keep going for quite a while.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

What specialists checked you at the hospital?

 

 

I'm afraid I didn't think to ask, it was late in the evening and I didn't leave until 1.30 in the morning. 2 doctors checked my legs, they did an ultrasound scan and found nothing. Checked my heart, my lungs and took x-rays of my knees.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Metall said:

@Tap : I got my first Biontech jab 4 weeks ago, and had joint pain for one day, fatigue for two days.

But interestingly, my TCM (Chinese medicine) doctor told me yesterday a number of acupunture points typically irritated by the vaccine are still reacting on my body. I hadn't even told him about my vaccination.

Just my two cents that reactions keep going for quite 

 Can it be the case that, he kind of made a guess knowing your background?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

 Can it be the case that, he kind of made a guess knowing your background?

This is a doctor (yes, a real general practitioner with additional TCM qualifications), not a conjurer or a palm reader.

Also, he doesn't know my medical background. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tap: if in doubt, don't. No I am not a doctor.

 

Thing is now anything that happens we are all gonna say, is it the vaccine? Or late repercussions from the virus.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tap said:

I have an issue with the vaccination that I was really not expecting.  Got my first vaccination on 11 May, no problems, just waiting for my second one next Tuesday, 22 June.  About 10 days ago, both knees started to swell and became very painful.  On Monday, I went to my doctor and he decided to do a blood test to see what came back.  Did that on Tuesday morning, then on Tuesday afternoon, he called me to come to the practice for an injection and that I would then have to go to the emergency at the local hospital. The values for thrombosis were elevated, not a lot, but still elevated.  Went to the hospital and after 6 hours, they found nothing to worry about. I went back to my doctor and told him what they said, but he is still concerned.  I asked him about my second vaccination next Tuesday and he told me that he could not advise me one way or the other, I would have to decide for myself because these vaccines are new, they don’t have enough experience with them.

 

 

 

Although my knees are still swollen, the pain is gone, but that’s not my worry.  What do I do next Tuesday, do I go for the vaccination, and if I don’t, what does that mean for me if I want to visit my family in Ireland, where I have a vulnerable niece?  I’m really confused now as to what to do. My doctor is going to do another blood test on Monday to see if the levels have increased, decreased, or stayed the same, so I can make a more informed decision, but that doesn’t really help me.  This has thrown me through a loop!

 

My guess is that it´s not related to the vaccination. AFAIR (I only know from listening to Kekule´s podcast) thrombotic events caused by the Astrazenca vaccine (is that what you received?) will typically occur (IF they occur) after a few days (peak between 4-7 days), not after a month. Also, it would have to be an unlikely coincidence that you should develop thromboses in both knees at the same time (and no other symptoms of thrombosis). The fact that some coagulation parameters (you probably mean d-dimers?) are elevated isn´t proof of that there is a thrombosis. If you were talking of dimers that were elevated one question I´d ask (if it was any of my business) is whether those had been observed in you anytime before, as some people have elevated levels hereditarily (and my have a slightly higher risk of thrombosis as compared to the "normal" population as d-dimers are a byproduct of the breakdown of thrombuses). They could also be elevated as a paraphenomenon of an inflammation.

If I was in your shoes I´d probably delay the second vaccination due to gut feeling (not because there is a plausible connection to the vaccine) and monitor the situation, including checking for other hints towards inflammatory processes. And of course, try to find the reason for the knee problem (maybe see a rheumatologist and maybe a dentist if an inflammatory process seems like a possiblity). These are just my 2 cents, not medical advice.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jeba said:

My guess is that it´s not related to the vaccination. AFAIR (I only know from listening to Kekule´s podcast) thrombotic events caused by the Astrazenca vaccine (is that what you received?) will typically occur (IF they occur) after a few days (peak between 4-7 days), not after a month. Also, it would have to be an unlikely coincidence that you should develop thromboses in both knees at the same time (and no other symptoms of thrombosis). The fact that some coagulation parameters (you probably mean d-dimers?) are elevated isn´t proof of that there is a thrombosis. If you were talking of dimers that were elevated one question I´d ask (if it was any of my business) is whether those had been observed in you anytime before, as some people have elevated levels hereditarily (and my have a slightly higher risk of thrombosis as compared to the "normal" population as d-dimers are a byproduct of the breakdown of thrombuses). They could also be elevated as a paraphenomenon of an inflammation.

If I was in your shoes I´d probably delay the second vaccination due to gut feeling (not because there is a plausible connection to the vaccine) and monitor the situation, including checking for other hints towards inflammatory processes. And of course, try to find the reason for the knee problem (maybe see a rheumatologist and maybe a dentist if an inflammatory process seems like a possiblity). These are just my 2 cents, not medical advice.

 

I had the BionTech vaccination.  I don't have thrombosis in my knees, my legs have been checked thoroughly by ultrasound and all is clear. Nobody seems to be able to figure out why my knees are swollen, which has now gone to my feet also, the only thing everyone agrees on is that it's not water.  It also seems to be a mystery to them as to why both knees have swollen up like this at the same time.  The hospital say that the d-dimer value is negligible, but my doctor feels it has to be looked at because it's new for me and he wants to know why..

 

I have decided to delay the second vaccination for a few weeks in the hope of clarifying this a bit more. 

 

Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses, I've been losing sleep over this,

 

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Glad you have achieved some clarity and wishing you a restful night and a speedy recovery.  🙏

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jeba said:

I´d also have liked to get any other vaccine protecting against the South African variant, not necessarily Biontech. Which seems to make sense if you want to travel to South Africa, doesn´t it?

Merely pointing out you are using an excellent example of pot calling kettle black.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jeba said:

Where have I been cheating the system? I´m fully within my rights to get a vaccination in Germany even though I´m not living there (anymore) because I still have German health insurance.

You were insistent you wouldn´t be stealing someones shot yet you go and accuse someone else of the exact same thing.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Krieg said:

That he takes a second AZ jab and flies there risking himself to get the strains that AZ does not have any protection against?

Well he could just not fly there.

As has been said time and time again people have missed funerals,being with loved ones while they´re dying,weddings and the list goes on.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Well he could just not fly there.

As has been said time and time again people have missed funerals,being with loved ones while they´re dying,weddings and the list goes on.

 

He has been waiting for 1.5 years and probably has to wait for another few months, we have to go back to normality.  Even Germany understand that splitting couples for long time is not good and they allowed non-married non-EU partners to enter the country long time ago.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Krieg said:

 

He has been waiting for 1.5 years and probably has to wait for another few months, we have to go back to normality.  

But he doesn´t want to wait that´s the whole problem.

He took AZ because he didn´t want to wait for Biontech but now he wants to be given Biontech in Germany because Cyprus won´t give it him and he´s feeling entitled to it in Germany because he is still in the health scheme.

Then he has the balls to accuse someone else of stealing someones vaccine .

Really ?

You´re choosing that hill to die on ?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

But he doesn´t want to wait that´s the whole problem.

He took AZ because he didn´t want to wait for Biontech but now he wants to be given Biontech in Germany because Cyprus won´t give it him and he´s feeling entitled to it in Germany because he is still in the health scheme.

Then he has the balls to accuse someone else of stealing someones vaccine .

Really ?

You´re choosing that hill to die on ?

 

He took AZ because that was what was available at the moment. And he probably would take AZ as the second shot if he didn't plan to visit South Africa for which AZ does not fully protect you, and this info came after he took the first AZ jab.    He is entitled to be vaccinated in Germany because he keeps german health insurance and Germany allows you to decide which one you want.   He is even in a priority group.    I do not know what's your beef with him but I see no problem.   If I had my long term partner trapped in another country and I didn't see her for 1.5 years I would be desperate already.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keleth said:

You were insistent you wouldn´t be stealing someones shot yet you go and accuse someone else of the exact same thing.

Where would be the contradiction in that? Can´s I truthfully say I haven´t robbed a bank but accuse a robber to have done it? Apart from that I never accused him personally of doing anything. I merely said that the decision to allow him (and others in his priority group) to get vaccinated was wrong. Please quote where I said otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Krieg said:

And he probably would take AZ as the second shot

Actually, I have taken it as nothing else was available. I´ll get a third shot with a non-AZ vaccine in about 3 months (assuming it will be available by then).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now