How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   133 votes

  1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

    • I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
      89
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
      7
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
      3
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
      11
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
      2
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
      19
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,121 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, lewton said:

That does not prove Bavaria is far behind. Right now BY is around 4-5 days behind German average.

Consdering the decision from March to give more vaccines to the regions bordering west, it is perfectly right, I don't see any delay.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jeba said:

What you believe is irrelevant. The fact remains that the vaccine administered to you should have been given to someone in a higher priority group.

This from the man who got his 1 jab in Cyprus but wants to come to Germany to get the 2nd because he wants Biontech.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at my Hausarzt today for a regular visit.  It was filled with lots of very young people getting BioNtech, and the receptionist phoning people about more BioNtech supply and near term appts.  This was good to see, from all sides.  🙏

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keleth said:

This from the man who got his 1 jab in Cyprus but wants to come to Germany to get the 2nd because he wants Biontech.

I´d also have liked to get any other vaccine protecting against the South African variant, not necessarily Biontech. Which seems to make sense if you want to travel to South Africa, doesn´t it?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021, 2:04:42, theGman said:

 

Last night a friend of mine said they might be able to get me in via a doctor friend of theirs. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth but urgh, what the fuck. But I can even see the doctors point of view. If they only get 10 doses a week then it's easier to give it to people they know than strangers who may or may not turn up.

 

Germany has all the data it needs. Every German has an Ausweis, every resident is registered at the Bürgeramt, everyone has an insurance card with all their health info, the Finanzamt know more about me than I do. Just make a fucking list and work your way through it. Fuck's sake.

 

So my dose of Vitamin B came through. Got myself booked in for a bit of J&J next Friday. Yay! I have to say, it feels pretty good.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jeba said:

I´d also have liked to get any other vaccine protecting against the South African variant, not necessarily Biontech. Which seems to make sense if you want to travel to South Africa, doesn´t it?

So you would steal an old lady's BioNTech vaccine so that you can go have fun in South Africa?

Classic.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lewton said:

So you would steal an old lady's BioNTech vaccine so that you can go have fun in South Africa?

Classic.

 

But he is an old guy and he is in a priority group.   I don't understand why some of you are giving @jeba so much crap about it.  He wants to visit his partner in South Africa so it makes sense to have at least some protection for the strains of the virus running there.   What do you want?  That he takes a second AZ jab and flies there risking himself to get the strains that AZ does not have any protection against?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krieg said:

 

But he is an old guy and he is in a priority group.   I don't understand why some of you are giving @jeba so much crap about it.  He wants to visit his partner in South Africa so it makes sense to have at least some protection for the strains of the virus running there.   What do you want?  That he takes a second AZ jab and flies there risking himself to get the strains that AZ does not have any protection against?

 

I would have never done that to anyone (who did not try to do it to me first).

Sorry, you can't go around giving crap to people for playing by the rules just because you disagree with the rules, and then turning out that you were looking for ways to actually cheat the system. No matter your reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theGman said:

 

So my dose of Vitamin B came through. Got myself booked in for a bit of J&J next Friday. Yay! I have to say, it feels pretty good.

 

Vitamin B worked for my granddaughter (21) yesterday evening. The Impzentrum had several doses left over at 20:00 hrs and her friend (DRK Sanitäter at the Impfzentrum) called her to come and get a dose of Moderna. The second jab is booked for end of July. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just picked up our vaccine certificates at the local drug store.  Lots of people were waiting in line to drop off their paperwork.  Unfortunately, because we use iPhones and have American accounts, we can't get the German app for uploading the proof yet.  We tried using Luca, but got an error.

 

 

SIGH... but at least we have the local proof rather than just the CDC card, so my birthday visit to Heidelberg this weekend should be fun!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

We just picked up our vaccine certificates at the local drug store.  Lots of people were waiting in line to drop off their paperwork.  Unfortunately, because we use iPhones and have American accounts, we can't get the German app for uploading the proof yet.  We tried using Luca, but got an error.

 

There are apparently two apps you can use.  One is called cov pass see here: https://www.digitaler-impfnachweis-app.de/ and the other corona warn app which you can get here: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/themen/corona-warn-app/corona-warn-app-app-stores-1753818

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lewton said:

and then turning out that you were looking for ways to actually cheat the system.

Where have I been cheating the system? I´m fully within my rights to get a vaccination in Germany even though I´m not living there (anymore) because I still have German health insurance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

We just picked up our vaccine certificates at the local drug store.  Lots of people were waiting in line to drop off their paperwork.  Unfortunately, because we use iPhones and have American accounts, we can't get the German app for uploading the proof yet.  We tried using Luca, but got an error.

 

 

SIGH... but at least we have the local proof rather than just the CDC card, so my birthday visit to Heidelberg this weekend should be fun!

 

I changed my Apple account to Germany so I could install the CovPass application and upload my vaccination certificates.  Over the past ten years or so, I changed my account registration from USA to Germany as needed for the desired apps.  This is a bit of a pain the first few times, but hasn't affected any of my installed apps or podcast subscriptions, and I still receive the updates when published.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

There are apparently two apps you can use.  One is called cov pass see here: https://www.digitaler-impfnachweis-app.de/ and the other corona warn app which you can get here: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/themen/corona-warn-app/corona-warn-app-app-stores-1753818


Sadly neither are downloadable if your Apple account is based in the US app store. Some European countries released their apps to the US app store but not Germany. I downloaded the Swiss version and it accepted my QR codes, but haven’t had the chance to actually use it yet. If all else fails I will just carry the paper copy of my QR code printouts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue with the vaccination that I was really not expecting.  Got my first vaccination on 11 May, no problems, just waiting for my second one next Tuesday, 22 June.  About 10 days ago, both knees started to swell and became very painful.  On Monday, I went to my doctor and he decided to do a blood test to see what came back.  Did that on Tuesday morning, then on Tuesday afternoon, he called me to come to the practice for an injection and that I would then have to go to the emergency at the local hospital. The values for thrombosis were elevated, not a lot, but still elevated.  Went to the hospital and after 6 hours, they found nothing to worry about. I went back to my doctor and told him what they said, but he is still concerned.  I asked him about my second vaccination next Tuesday and he told me that he could not advise me one way or the other, I would have to decide for myself because these vaccines are new, they don’t have enough experience with them.

 

Although my knees are still swollen, the pain is gone, but that’s not my worry.  What do I do next Tuesday, do I go for the vaccination, and if I don’t, what does that mean for me if I want to visit my family in Ireland, where I have a vulnerable niece?  I’m really confused now as to what to do. My doctor is going to do another blood test on Monday to see if the levels have increased, decreased, or stayed the same, so I can make a more informed decision, but that doesn’t really help me.  This has thrown me through a loop!

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bad situation to be in, Tap. What specialists checked you at the hospital?

 

Everything crossed for good results on Monday.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tap said:

he told me that he could not advise me one way or the other,

 

Classic.

Nothing more helpful than an indecisive doctor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tap

 

That's not an ideal situation and fingers crossed it improves quickly. With the time between the first and second vaccinations I'm assuming this is BionTech rather than AZ? I don't think there have been any reported cases of thrombosis with the mRna vaccines but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

 

Asking you to decide for yourself really isn't acceptable from a Dr. He should at least be able to give you the pros and cons or refer you to someone who can.

 

Remember you don't have to have the 2nd BionTech injection 6 weeks after the first. In the UK they were giving the 2nd injection up to 12 weeks after the first for all vaccines and not just AZ so you can always postpone the 2nd appointment for a few weeks and you will still have similar protection against corona.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Tap said:

I have an issue with the vaccination that I was really not expecting.  Got my first vaccination on 11 May, no problems, just waiting for my second one next Tuesday, 22 June.  About 10 days ago, both knees started to swell and became very painful.  On Monday, I went to my doctor and he decided to do a blood test to see what came back.  Did that on Tuesday morning, then on Tuesday afternoon, he called me to come to the practice for an injection and that I would then have to go to the emergency at the local hospital. The values for thrombosis were elevated, not a lot, but still elevated.  Went to the hospital and after 6 hours, they found nothing to worry about. I went back to my doctor and told him what they said, but he is still concerned.  I asked him about my second vaccination next Tuesday and he told me that he could not advise me one way or the other, I would have to decide for myself because these vaccines are new, they don’t have enough experience with them.

 

Although my knees are still swollen, the pain is gone, but that’s not my worry.  What do I do next Tuesday, do I go for the vaccination, and if I don’t, what does that mean for me if I want to visit my family in Ireland, where I have a vulnerable niece?  I’m really confused now as to what to do. My doctor is going to do another blood test on Monday to see if the levels have increased, decreased, or stayed the same, so I can make a more informed decision, but that doesn’t really help me.  This has thrown me through a loop!

 

Although joint pain and other flu like symptoms are common, you are the first I've heard about who got them a month later.  Did the hospital dr. think this was connected to the vaccine?  I found an article here: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/feel-covid-vaccine-may-blood-151907504.html about thrombosis after J&J and it says if it happens, it's 1-3 weeks after the shot and it tells you the symptoms.  Since you are getting another shot, you didn't get J&J though so I don't know.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, catjones said:

 

Classic.

Nothing more helpful than an indecisive doctor.

 

You mean the doctor sucks because there is not yet enough information to make an informed decision?  

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now