How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   147 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,427 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

You can laugh one hundred times every day. So funny. Good that I do not share the country with you anymore.

If you aren't laughing when you read the entries on these forums, you are doing it wrong.

Keeping waging war if it makes you feel righteous.   

24 minutes ago, Krieg said:

You can add to that that when they lifted the prioritization for the doctor practices it was mostly "Vitamin B".  That's why most of the people I know are vaccinated and I am not, including their 18-25 y/o children, my extreme lack of "Vitamin B" was really an issue.   Not something I expected from Germany, I must say.

As soon as my priority group was allowed vaccinations (prio 3), I was immediately given my vaccination and I have also had the second vaccination a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

As soon as my priority group was allowed vaccinations (prio 3), I was immediately given my vaccination and I have also had the second vaccination a few weeks ago.

Your quote to my message is so random that I have the feeling you didn't understand what I meant.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Your quote to my message is so random that I have the feeling you didn't understand what I meant.

Not something I expected from Germany, I must say.

Just an example that my experience of the German system is different from yours.

6 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Just an example that my experience of the German system is different from yours.

I think the difference is that you have comorbidities therefore you are in a priority group.   I have no health issues and I am not old enough so I had to wait. 

31 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

You were lucky. I never got the appointment from imphZentrum even registering as priority 3. They put me in wait list since May. Luckily I got vaccinated with my company doctor. I removed myself from the imph Zentrum 's wait list. 

31 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:
On 10/03/2021, 13:08:06, MikeMelga said:

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

You can add to that that when they lifted the prioritization for the doctor practices it was mostly "Vitamin B".  That's why most of the people I know are vaccinated and I am not, including their 18-25 y/o children, my extreme lack of "Vitamin B" was really an issue.   Not something I expected from Germany, I must say.

Last night a friend of mine said they might be able to get me in via a doctor friend of theirs. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth but urgh, what the fuck. But I can even see the doctors point of view. If they only get 10 doses a week then it's easier to give it to people they know than strangers who may or may not turn up.

Germany has all the data it needs. Every German has an Ausweis, every resident is registered at the Bürgeramt, everyone has an insurance card with all their health info, the Finanzamt know more about me than I do. Just make a fucking list and work your way through it. Fuck's sake.

1 minute ago, theGman said:

Last night a friend of mine said they might be able to get me in via a doctor friend of theirs. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth but urgh, what the fuck. But I can even see the doctors point of view. If they only get 10 doses a week then it's easier to give it to people I know then strangers who may or may not turn up.

If it is like that then I wouldn't feel bad for a second.    But my issue is with doctors that have a giant waiting list from their own patients but they give the jabs to their friends and friends' friends.  Many of those patients were at the time in priority groups.   It is a disgrace.

Even if I am not in any priority group I think the lifting of priorities was a massive fail.  They shouldn't do it everywhere at the same time, and they should have finished first most of the prioritized people.

Vaccines availability was not an issue as far as I can see, even if the numbers look really good (5 million jabs in a week) they have been vaccinating around 90% of the available vaccines daily.   I think they are now starting to implement the no-appointment-waiting at the end of the day in some vaccination centers, you go there and if there is any unused jab they give it to you, that should have been done long time ago.

1 hour ago, jubinjohn said:

Something i find unfair, is that the guys who reject their priority slot where still treated as priority. If someone rejects their priority then there should not be any. 

I have to wait 3 weeks to get the low demand Johnson

+1

2 hours ago, jeba said:

It´s not only interesting, it is annoying. The fact that there are still so many people in higher priority groups unvaccinated is reason the case fatality rate in Germany is almost 5 times that of e.g. Denmark. In my view, lifting the prioritisation before all members of priority groups have been offered vaccination is almost cynical.

I disagree 100%.

First of all, as soon as I could do at my GP, anybody else in Germany above 18 could also do it at their GP (or a random GP). The catch was that it was only possible to do AZ through this process. So if people belong to priority groups and didn't call a GP immediately when this was announced back in May, it is their fault. They probably didn't want to do AZ and wanted to wait for an mRNA vaccine. Still their fault.

Second, the official prioritization process was a total mess and was embarassing for Germany. We were stockpiling vaccines because the system couldn't put them into people's arms fast enough. Finally we have now been vaccinating at a good pace since the beginning of May.

Third, if a young person gets vaccinated, then that young person is also indirectly protecting all the older people with whom they are in contact.

Fourth, we young people stayed locked inside our houses for more than 1 year in order to protect the older generations. Some of us lost our jobs. Others lost income. Others had our careers put on hold. Pensioneers didn't lose any income. On top of everything else, Germany is about to introduce vaccination certificates for people to get their freedom back.

It is a bit too much that the generation that sacrificed the least in order to gain the most would be able to have all their freedoms back before the generation that sacrificed the most in order to gain the least.

Fifth and final thought, by adding a parallel system that allowed more people to get vaccinated outside the usual prioritization has had zero impact on the priority groups. The reason is that for a while we have had enough vaccines but not enough doctors/nurses to administer them in the usual system. I would accept your comment about cynicism IF my vaccination meant that someone else had had to miss their own turn, but it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

Even if I am not in any priority group I think the lifting of priorities was a massive fail.  They shouldn't do it everywhere at the same time, and they should have finished first most of the prioritized people.

I think the priority list beyond Prio 2 was always very subjective. Should you vaccinate the people with risks or the people who can spread a lot?

In general I think they should have given the vaccination to company doctors back in April, faster than to doctors.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the pandemic, research continues.  Good news for the anti-vaxers.

"An antibody treatment developed by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. REGN +2.56% has been shown to significantly cut the risk of death among certain hospitalized Covid-19 patients, raising hopes for a valuable new tool for tackling severe cases.

A large U.K. trial involving nearly 10,000 patients showed that administering REGEN-COV on top of usual care reduced the risk of dying by a fifth among hospitalized coronavirus patients who hadn’t produced antibodies to the virus. The drug had no effect among patients who had already produced antibodies."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/regenerons-antibody-drug-cuts-risk-of-death-in-some-covid-19-patients-11623819601?mod=hp_lead_pos7

24 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

In general I think they should have given the vaccination to company doctors back in April, faster than to doctors.

That was actually supposed to happen in May, we were in.   But it was with J&J and then the J&J drama happened and the program for companies was delayed because J&J got German-cancelled together with AZ.   The companies program was started again with mRNA vaccines, ours is with BioNtech, the first round of first jabs were given last week and we have the second round of first jabs at the beginning of July.  Second jab six weeks after the first one.

32 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I think the priority list beyond Prio 2 was always very subjective. Should you vaccinate the people with risks or the people who can spread a lot?

Where I live we have many elderly folks, like my 87 yo friend, who simply couldn't easily get to the nearest Impfzentrum in this region.  Delegating to the Hausarzt was exactly what those folks needed.  🙏

13 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Where I live we have many elderly folks, like my 87 yo friend, who simply couldn't easily get to the nearest Impfzentrum in this region.  Delegating to the Hausarzt was exactly what those folks needed.  🙏

87 years old is prio 1. I am talking about prio 3 and 4. AFAIK, weren't there some mobile vaccination centers?

21 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

87 years old is prio 1. I am talking about prio 3 and 4. AFAIK, weren't there some mobile vaccination centers?

Unfortunately we had no mobile vaccination centers here.  Priority 1 folks like my friend, who lives home alone with no family in the area, had to wait until the neighborhood Hausarzt could take care of them, in April.  That set everyone in the other priority groups back, but thankfully we are in a different space now.  😊

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Seems like there has been an outbreak of common sense in the UK. 

Just need some to break out in you and then the worlds ok.

5 hours ago, Krieg said:

If they hadn´t lifted it though imagine how few people would have been vaccinated by now.

3 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Unfortunately we had no mobile vaccination centers here.  

I think he´s getting it confused with the mobile vaxx centers that would go to someones house if they were housebound and in a certain pflege group.

5 hours ago, lewton said:

It is a bit too much that the generation that sacrificed the least in order to gain the most would be able to have all their freedoms back before the generation that sacrificed the most in order to gain the least.

The only solution to that would have been to vaxx healthy young people first and let the old and infirm die in their droves or if not die clog the health service up.

4 hours ago, catjones said:

Meanwhile, at the other end of the pandemic, research continues.  Good news for the anti-vaxers.

A cure would be wonderful but it is not the be all and end all.If they announced a cure tomorrow the vaxx rate would drop like a stone.Then you would not have people dying but you would still have many people being hospitalised.

A cure for cancer would be an exceptional thing,but imagine if there was a vaccine that prevented you getting cancer in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Keleth said:

If they hadn´t lifted it though imagine how few people would have been vaccinated by now.

If you read carefully I am not saying they shouldn't have lifted it.  I said doing it almost everywhere at the same time was the mistake, because in some places there were plenty of priority people that still couldn't find an appointment.

And because they lifted it in the vaccination centers it does not mean the people with no priority are getting vaccinated in the vaccination centers right now, at leat here, when they lifted it you could get your first appointment 6 weeks in the future.  Everything they did was putting the priority people to compete with the non priority ones for the appointments.

15 hours ago, lewton said:

First of all, as soon as I could do at my GP, anybody else in Germany above 18 could also do it at their GP (or a random GP).

Sure, you could have tried. That doesn´t mean you´d have been successful though.

We were stockpiling vaccines because the system couldn't put them into people's arms fast enough.

That was the case only in the beginning. Later the availability of vaccines was the limiting factor. And still is.

Third, if a young person gets vaccinated, then that young person is also indirectly protecting all the older people with whom they are in contact.

Are you trying to say there is no need for prioritization and that vaccinating youngsters who are hardly at risk is just as effective in protecting the vulnerable than vaccinating them directly?

Fourth, we young people stayed locked inside our houses for more than 1 year in order to protect the older generations. Some of us lost our jobs

As kids the generation of my parents stayed locked inside their cellars and air-raid shelters for much longer (and suffered from much more unfortunate circumstances thereafter). And lost much more than jobs.  They had more than their fair share of misfortune and hardship. Don´t forget that when claiming inter-generation fairness.

Even if that was a valid argument, which it isn´t, would that justify in your opinion a case death rate 5 times as high as e.g. in Denmark which still has prioritization

Pensioneers didn't lose any income

How do you know? Pensions often are complemented by other forms of income.  I´m a pensioner as well, but my income was affected, too since all of our business tenants either stopped paying rent completely or reduced their payments by 50%. And we had to accept that because the alternative would have been having unoccupied rental space providing for zero income.