How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   147 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,427 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Some of the best entertainment to be found during these events is in the hotel breakfast rooms.  You get to watch the cheap-ass Germans and the ultra-cheap-ass Dutch stuffing their pockets and backpacks from the breakfast buffet so they don't have to buy lunch at the racetrack. The Dutch people will empty entire trays of food into their packs, so I quickly learned to get to the breakfast early  :D

In Iceland German tourists are known for this.  Hotels have put up signs only in German stating that you are not allowed to take food with you from the breakfast room because nobody else does this.  I guess they haven't had many Dutch tourists yet.  Same for cafe's, especially in touristy areas.  They have to put up signs, only in German again, that the tables outside are for customers only, not to feast on your packed lunch from your hotel breakfast room.

I guess it will reach a point where the anti-vaxxers realize that they are only infecting themselves. There will be statistics about infection rates like there are now only with the addition of how many of the infected were vaccinated or not.

They will catch on slowly as they see only themselves and their on dying.

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

I guess it will reach a point where the anti-vaxxers realize that they are only infecting themselves. There will be statistics about infection rates like there are now only with the addition of how many of the infected were vaccinated or not.

They will catch on slowly as they see only themselves and their on dying.

Or they'll wait until we've reached herd immunity between the people who've been vaccinated and those who have recovered which could take a while because as said, immunity will not last forever and the people who've been vaccinated or those who have recovered could still get it after a few months and hence have to be vaccinated again.

I just read on the news that western countries have secured enough vaccine to vaccinate all their people 3 times while 3rd world countries don't get enough.

I don't eat much on those breakfast buffets. Not much of a breakfast person. Sometimes I scarf an apple to take away but out in the open - I don't hide it in my bag.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I don't eat much on those breakfast buffets. Not much of a breakfast person. Sometimes I scarf an apple to take away but out in the open - I don't hide it in my bag.

Many hotels have a bowl of apples at the reception.  They don't care if you take one.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I guess it will reach a point where the anti-vaxxers realize that they are only infecting themselves.

Except it will end up with people who can`t be vaccinated catching it if too many aren`t vaccinated

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

You get to watch the cheap-ass Germans and the ultra-cheap-ass Dutch stuffing their pockets and backpacks from the breakfast buffet so they don't have to buy lunch at the racetrack. The Dutch people will empty entire trays of food into their packs, so I quickly learned to get to the breakfast early  :D

Hmm, I have not seen that to this extent. Perhaps it has to do with Dutch race fans :). A bit strange since these races are not cheap.

I usually take a banana to eat it later in the morning. 

Well, we don't put a towl on a chair at the pool at 7 am to reserve it like the Germans do, haha. 

I once watched a German lady go round the breakfast buffet. She put one of everything into her mouth, one on her plate and one in her handbag. She was of the war generation. Maybe she was hungry once. I could not rationalise the guy with at least a dozen bread rolls all for him. He was obese though... so had his own come-uppance. Then there was that old gent, nicely dressed, who plunged his hand into the shrimps, pulled out a handful, dropped one on the floor (which he left for someone else to pick up)  and scarpered back to his table. Can still see it. So undignified. Unbelievable actually. Where do they breed them?

Oh, and don't get me onto scraping chairs...

Anyway, with covid, I think that was about my last mass-touristy holiday anyway.

2 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Well, we don't put a towl on a chair at the pool at 7 am to reserve it like the Germans do, haha. 

You mean before daylight.B)

I dunno.  You shell out between €100 and €400 a night for the room, the hotel's not going to go broke because you took more boiled eggs and ten-cent rolls than you could eat at one setting.

I'm not saying do it or don't do it, I'm saying who on god's green earth gives a celestial shit.  They've definitely paid for it.  Doesn't concern me.

back on topic: am I the only one who naively wishes schnell-tests would make this all go away?

Like, life is going as usual, except to get on a plane or into a concert or a bar, you have to pass the test.  Even if it takes 15 minutes.  People would have an incentive to isolate before travelling, so they don't waste the money on a plane ticket.  

It sounds like a lot of garbage/waste, but I'm not sure the number of masks clogging up the sewers is any better at the moment.

Additionally (this probably belongs in coronachat/conspiracy nuts/whatever but oh well, it's Friday), am I the only one who wonders what happens if there IS something wrong with the vaccine, and the population of Earth is vaccinated en masse, and in forty years the human race is all but extinct?  Someone tell me I'm not the only freak that thought about that :lol::ph34r:

About masks clogging sewers. I contributed to that the other day. Stepped out of the car with my mask in my lap and forgot about it. It wound up on the street somewhere. Another time, I was pulling my gloves out of my coat pocket and inadvertently pulled my mask out along with them. It is on the sidewalk somewhere. Just want to say that not all people are just throwing them around willy nilly. Lucky for me, I always have a spare in my purse. 

Child. I guess we have to forgive you. And Dessa, yeah, I reckon the virus will outwit the vaccine. The vaccine is not El Dorado. It will be only partially (statistics anyone?) effective. And yes, the masses are being manipulated big time. Nix conspiracy theory. Just observe.

The species is invasive, polluting and dangerous. Mother Earth knows best. I reckon our time's up and the dolphins are about to come into their own.

13 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Additionally (this probably belongs in coronachat/conspiracy nuts/whatever but oh well, it's Friday), am I the only one who wonders what happens if there IS something wrong with the vaccine, and the population of Earth is vaccinated en masse, and in forty years the human race is all but extinct?  Someone tell me I'm not the only freak that thought about that :lol::ph34r:

You and a bunch of other people, going all the way back to 1770 (and probably earlier).

Ha fraufruit! We went to the vet yesterday and he was happy to give us a special little present- only for us- two masks adorned  with animal pictures!

We both wore the mask and were chuffed.

I wanted to wear mine again this afternoon whilst visiting friends.

I looked everywhere but what had I done? Changed jeans and slung them and the mask ( amongst other stuff ) into the washing machine😟)...

So a boring “ normal “ mask went out to play this afternoon🙁.

I will be taking the vaccine at the first chance, so my life can get back to normal, I want to go see my mother 

Sure its easy to believe, the vaccine is not safe, but it has been in the arms of 40,000 people and nothing serious noticed so far, the experts its safe and no steps have been missed to check it.

We take risks all the time, and for me this is just another risk I will take, sometimes I feel the risk of driving on the A9 is more than the vaccine risk

In the UK, they said nobody will be forced to take the vaccine, not sure you will have the choice here 

good point optimista, as said they put the vaccine in 40,000 peoples arms so far, and estimated a 92% effectiveness. We are not going to get an estimation of true effectiveness until, hundreds of millions have had the vaccine and over a number of years - but we can only wait for that