How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   146 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,426 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2021, 9:18:34, MadManEarle said:

If it is really "just a matter of time", then what is the harm in me waiting for the actual, real approval?

Who is ignoring what, 

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

But in evolutionary terms there would be a huge range of women of child bearing age.  What I was trying to work out, was why would it be an advantage for them all to be fertile at the same time.  Like for a bunch of oversexed chancers to arrive and then piss off again after impregnating all the women  As opposed to finding a partner who stays around and helps.  Like being around perhaps 2 weeks later to have sex.  None of that makes sense to me

I will admit, I had shot number 2 on June 2nd and my period is late.  But I am also going to be 49 years old next Sunday!  Celebrating in Heidelberg, after almost a 13 year absence!

So far,  a billion people are vaccinated (with at least one dose)!

Capture.JPG.f6f7aee62379fec43f06c1cccba5

Israel is still the leader among countries with population over 500'000 people. I don't know why it is above 100% in Gibraltar, maybe that includes Spanish daily commuters.

Capture.JPG.04c2d89213e631090b5139b2498c

I see that stiko recommends two mrna vaccines for under 60. I have chance to get johnson which I prefer because of single  shot . 

I'm a bit worried about my life insurance, because I need to accept some low risks on paper. 

What if I die due to the rare occurrence of blood clot. ?. Will my wife get a letter from my life insurance like

"Dear Mrs.Dead guy,

Mr. Dead guy did not read the fine prints and accepted the risk. So you are on your own.

Kind regards

Your insurance company "

Any recommendations please

Someone already posted an article on the Insurance issue, but the summary was not to worry about it.

They passed a law explicitly outlining the responsibilities for the various possible ways things could go wrong and so long as you get one of the ones on the official list you are covered even if it's not recommended for your age group.

The info is in one of the three corona threads but I can't find it right now.

edit:

It was @john g. in this post:- https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/389227-how-many-of-you-will-trust-covid-19-vaccine-with-own-lives/?do=findComment&comment=3884332

and @snowingagain in this post:- https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/389227-how-many-of-you-will-trust-covid-19-vaccine-with-own-lives/?do=findComment&comment=3884362

2 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

I see that stiko recommends two mrna vaccines for under 60. I have chance to get johnson which I prefer because of single  shot . 

I'm a bit worried about my life insurance, because I need to accept some low risks on paper. 

What if I die due to the rare occurrence of blood clot. ?. Will my wife get a letter from my life insurance like

"Dear Mrs.Dead guy,

Mr. Dead guy did not read the fine prints and accepted the risk. So you are on your own.

Kind regards

Your insurance company "

Any recommendations please

All drugs have side effects, some of them deadly. 

No way an insurance company can refuse payment based on this. Here, a useful link:

https://www.gansel-rechtsanwaelte.de/versicherungsrecht-privat/risikolebensversicherung-zahlt-nicht

The link says, that even suicide is covered when the relatives can present a certificate that this person had mental problems.

If you undergo any treatment which is legally recommended by your doctor, if you vaccinate a legally authorized vaccine, and your house doctor approves vaccination, you are covered. 

P.S. From the insurance company's point of view it makes more sense not to pay the people who did not vaccinate but die of COVID-19 because for the company the risk is way higher. However, since there is no Impfpflicht they cannot do that. 

9 hours ago, yourkeau said:

So far,  a billion people are vaccinated (with at least one dose)!

Capture.JPG.f6f7aee62379fec43f06c1cccba5

Israel is still the leader among countries with population over 500'000 people. I don't know why it is above 100% in Gibraltar, maybe that includes Spanish daily commuters.

Capture.JPG.04c2d89213e631090b5139b2498c

While Israel is technically a "country" it might be more accurate to compare it to a US state.

Capture.JPG

28 minutes ago, catjones said:

While Israel is technically a "country" it might be more accurate to compare it to a US state.

A blue state that is. The red states aren't doing so great.

13 hours ago, catjones said:
12 hours ago, catjones said:

Well, the US itself has a population of one Chinese province :) 

No comparison would be ideal. Israel has a very high population density (400 per sq. km), not every US state of 10 million is equivalent to it. And even within Israel, there are more and less populated areas. Hard to compare, this is true. 

Israel cancels mask mandate indoors starting from today.

Hi y'all.

I've been reading several reports about how combining different vaccines might offer the best protection possible.

I've had so far one dose of the AZ one, which I did at a local GP as soon as the government announced back in May that we can get the AZ vaccine at a GP without any prioritization. My second dose is scheduled for July 15 at the same GP.

I am absolutely not concerned about side-effects etc as I believe in science.

However I am interested to switch my second dose to an mRNA vaccine in order to achieve the maximum protection, as I am planning to stop working remotely and start going to the office from September.

I am wondering if anyone knows how someone in my case can make this happen. The GP's practice told me on the phone that they can't switch my vaccine because they have already planned the doses. How ridiculous is that? We have solid scientific evidence that "Mix & Match" works and has the best results, and due to bereaucracy they want us to lose all the extra banefits?

And all this while there is no vaccine shortage anymore.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Israel cancels mask mandate indoors starting from today.

Really good news and hopefully a sign of things to come for us here in Germany, just need more people vaccinated!

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Thank you for that news report from Toytown Israel.

TT is inclusive, surely. If it is not, it should be. That's why there is an international section. And the place is full of MOBILE expats. I really don't get why TT Germany should be exclusively about Germany. It's a cosmopolitan world.

21 minutes ago, lewton said:

And all this while there is no vaccine shortage anymore.

Where do you live? In Lalaland? There are still people I know who are in priority group 3 waiting for their appointments.

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

Where do you live? In Lalaland? There are still people I know who are in priority group 3 waiting for their appointments.

Unfortunately, this is true for my town.  My Hausarzt has this banner on his website:

"Liebe Patientinnen und Patienten,

Leider ist es uns aktuell nicht möglich Impfungen außerhalb der Priorisierungsgruppen I-III durchzuführen. Unsere Warteliste ist derzeit geschlossen. Wir informieren alle auf der Liste, sobald wir eine Impfung anbieten können.

Um den Praxisbetrieb gewährleisten zu können, bitten wir Sie von Anfragen persönlich, telefonisch oder per Mail bezüglich der Impfung abzusehen. 

Wir bitten Sie um weitere Geduld. Bitte wenden Sie sich auch an das regionale Impfzentrum."

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Hmm... I am in priority group III and was able to get appointments pretty fast in Frankfurt.

I have relative who is a student in Saarbrücken who also got appointments under the open category i.e. not in any priority group.

I guess it is different in different states.

4 minutes ago, RPC said:

Hmm... I am in priority group III and was able to get appointments pretty fast in Frankfurt.

I have relative who is a student in Saarbrücken who also got appointments under the open category i.e. not in any priority group.

I guess it is different in different states.

I am also group 3.  Got my first in April, second last week.  Though BW was ahead of some places, not sure now.

Medical workers prepare to help coronavirus patient in busy hospital

Although COVID-19 hospitalizations have continued to decrease amid widespread vaccine distribution, unvaccinated people are still at risk of more serious health problems from the virus.

Multiple doctors told NBC News that the majority of people being admitted to the hospitals that they work for have not been vaccinated. "I haven't had anyone that's been fully vaccinated become critically ill," said Tulane University Medical Center's Dr. Josh Denson.

"None of our ICU patients has been vaccinated," added Dr. Ken Lyn-Kew, a pulmonologist who works at Denver's National Jewish Health, noting that some of his hospitalized patients thought that a previous illness made vaccination unnecessary. (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everybody get vaccinated against COVID-19, even if they have previously contracted it.)

"They thought they were sick from COVID, but they weren't. And they have the mindset of, 'Oh, I don't need to get vaccinated because of that,' " Lyn-Kew said. "They're gravely mistaken."

Additionally, recent analysis from The Washington Post found that states with lower rates of vaccination have significantly higher rates of hospitalization.

the rest

"I haven't had anyone that's been fully vaccinated become critically ill," said Tulane University Medical Center's Dr. Josh Denson

Thats the whole point of being vaccinated!

Additionally, recent analysis from The Washington Post found that states with lower rates of vaccination have significantly higher rates of hospitalization.

Wow - who would have thought that?

7 minutes ago, HEM said:

Wow - who would have thought that?

Unfortunately, a few of our local TT anti-vaxxers will disagree.

They just did do enough sports and didn't take enough Fresh Air