How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   129 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,066 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, catjones said:

I'm sure some will say, too little too late or not enough.

Would they be wrong? I don´t think so.

10 hours ago, balticus said:

If you read this headline and have the impression that she can do something to pressure the UK government, but not one specific British multinational, then we might have a different view of the relative power of various entities.  

Von der Leyen warns UK Brexit deal has ‘real teeth’ if terms breached

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/von-der-leyen-warns-uk-brexit-deal-has-real-teeth-if-terms-breached-1.4548972

If you are suggesting that her negotiation toolkit is limited to generating sensational headlines and raising concerns, you might be right.   It could also be that her words and her intent are not the same.   

I see you've changed the subject to avoid the question. We were discussing the AZ vaccine. Maybe they were naive in negotiating in good faith with AZ, but the problem is AZ over-promised and under-delivered and decided to give preferential treatment to the UK. I wonder if AZ agreed deals involving financial penalties with anyone else or if any other suppliers agreed similar penalties?

58 minutes ago, Dembo said:

I see you've changed the subject to avoid the question.

Not at all - i have just pointed out the absurdity of defending VDL's inability to react to AZ's failure to deliver.

58 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Maybe they were naive in negotiating in good faith with AZ, but the problem is AZ over-promised and under-delivered and decided to give preferential treatment to the UK. I wonder if AZ agreed deals involving financial penalties with anyone else or if any other suppliers agreed similar penalties?

A person who is naive during negotiations on such an important topic should not be the President of the European Commission.    "Naive" is not benign and in this case, it reflects either a lack of power, a lack of interest or incompetence by her or her staff.   

16 hours ago, Dembo said:

I like the suggestion that EU should "own" drug companies. That's really not what the EU is or what the EU does. 

At the end of the day had AZ not let down the EU and had delivered the promised doses none of this would have been a story. The criticism of VDL is that she didn't forsee this and didn't forsee that the UK would be given preferential treatment. But can you imagine the colours Brexiteers would have been turning if the EU had negotiated a contract with AZ that gave them priority over the UK? Damned if you do; damned if you don't: there would have been lots of complaints about the big bad EU throwing its weight around, but by not doing it, everyone attacks the big bad EU for not throwing its weight around enough.

No, I totally agree.  Then they shouldn't be telling the world the EU have shipped goods all over the world.  

It's all finger pointng of course so we don't look at the failures they have made but they also forget why they relied upon AZ so much - especially at the beginning.  It's nothing to do with the Germans going balls deep with Merck and the French doing the same with Sanofi and then both of these companies not actually being able to produce a vaccine?  That's what they should be looking at - why can't European manufacturers (and I don't mean EU) come up with a vaccine given the amount of investment offered up by their respective national governments to produce one.

4 hours ago, balticus said:

A person who is naive during negotiations on such an important topic should not be the President of the European Commission.    "Naive" is not benign and in this case, it reflects either a lack of power, a lack of interest or incompetence by her or her staff.   

I'll ask my question again: what should she have done?

With hindsight you can certainly say insist on penalties in the contract, but maybe AZ would have said no. With the world clamouring for vaccines they had lots of customers. If that had happened you'd be on here attacking VDL for letting Europe down by insisting on unreasonable clauses.

42 minutes ago, Dembo said:

I'll ask my question again: what should she have done?

With hindsight you can certainly say insist on penalties in the contract, but maybe AZ would have said no. With the world clamouring for vaccines they had lots of customers. If that had happened you'd be on here attacking VDL for letting Europe down by insisting on unreasonable clauses.

A vendor risk assessment?  Supply guarantees?  Financial penalty clauses? Provided infrastructure support? 

What she shouldn't have done is sign a contract without proper scrutiny of the supplier and it's supply chain.

10 hours ago, jeba said:

Would they be wrong? I don´t think so.

Typical response when it's not your money being spent.

Maybe you should thank the country that spent billions on the COVID research and development and distribution that the world has benefitted from instead of sniping condescension.

2 hours ago, catjones said:

Typical response when it's not your money being spent.

Maybe you should thank the country that spent billions on the COVID research and development and distribution that the world has benefitted from instead of sniping condescension.

Maybe I feel more like blaming them for throttling exports of raw materials to produce vaccines.

7 hours ago, bennetn said:

why can't European manufacturers (and I don't mean EU) come up with a vaccine

??? You know where Biontech is located, don´t you?

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Maybe I feel more like blaming them for throttling exports of raw materials to produce vaccines.

There was a huge shift from one US administration to the next.   

Still convinced that they are following "The Science™" ?

7 hours ago, catjones said:

Not sure if there will be any internet restrictions, but these are brief insights:

What COVID Survivors Know

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/may-2021/what-covid-survivors-know/

You read this then you think of the utter wankers on this board who pretend to care about peoples mental health and want absolutely no restrictions on anything and you really have to wonder what their motivations are for being ok with these people suffering and others dying as long as their own lives are not affected.

Then they say masks etc don´t work,we all need to catch it so that we get herd immunity that way,doesn´t matter if some really suffer or die as long as "I´m alright Jack".

There are no after effects of having Covid apparently because there has been no studies on it and why should we take a vaccine that might harm us even though millions of people have taken it safely.

Anyone who suffers badly or even dies from Covid must be fat and unhealthy because fit and healthy people don´t die or suffer,despite evidence to the opposite.

I really do wonder what makes these people tick.

The only time they change their minds is when they´re either dying or suffering really badly from Covid.

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

You read this then you think of the utter wankers on this board who pretend to care about peoples mental health and want absolutely no restrictions on anything and you really have to wonder what their motivations are for being ok with these people suffering and others dying as long as their own lives are not affected.

Then they say masks etc don´t work,we all need to catch it so that we get herd immunity that way,doesn´t matter if some really suffer or die as long as "I´m alright Jack".

There are no after effects of having Covid apparently because there has been no studies on it and why should we take a vaccine that might harm us even though millions of people have taken it safely.

Anyone who suffers badly or even dies from Covid must be fat and unhealthy because fit and healthy people don´t die or suffer,despite evidence to the opposite.

The only time they change their minds is when they´re either dying or suffering really badly from Covid.

Such posts always make me shake my head. My next door neighbour was in an medically induced coma and is still in the rehabilitation clinic after going down with covid.

He's very healthy, keeps active (goes jogging every day). He's so motivated he is a good three weeks ahead of the goals the clinic have for his rehabilitation.

He has grey hair though, maybe we can add to the list of reasons people get ill? maybe he looked at a cake the week before he got ill?

On 6/10/2021, 7:29:54, Dembo said:

I see you've changed the subject to avoid the question.

balticus was probably a sports equipment manager in a previous life, given its great talent at moving goalposts.

I took a vaccication to Seattle and JJabbed! Hallefuckingloooooyaaaaaa

10 hours ago, Keleth said:

My family and i know two families here in Germany whose kids did not react to the lockdowns very well and needed inpatient Psychiatric treatment.   You have consistently shown yourself unwilling to engage in anything but moralizing and simplistic, binary thinking.    

There needs to be a balance of the health risks and a societal decision whether to sacrifice children and young adults for the safety of those who are over 80 years old or who have many comorbidities.

I would accuse most of the people on this board of selfish sacrificing the interests of young people for their own convenience.    Many of the people on this board do not have kids or do not have kids of their own and they can feign concern, but it is clear that they are out for themselves.

Then they say masks etc don´t work,

They have very minimal impact.   There are negative impacts of wearing a mask which need to be balanced.    

There are people who are so fearful that they wear masks while hiking alone in the mountains or driving in their cars by themselves.  

we all need to catch it so that we get herd immunity that way,doesn´t matter if some really suffer or die as long as "I´m alright Jack".

We need to pump ourselves full of experimental vaccines no matter what, and ignore comorbidities and root causes of poor health.   

There are no after effects of having Covid apparently because there has been no studies on it

Why do you believe this?   I have mentioned multiple times that "long COVID" is not unique to COVID and also occurs with people who have experienced seasonal flu.   

Please follow Science. 

and why should we take a vaccine that might harm us even though millions of people have taken it safely.

It seems that you are only able to see absolute positions.   A huge percentage of the people who have died had multiple comorbidities.   Not 100%, Not 0%, but a number in between which is surely above 90%.   

Do you have an example of someone who has changed their mind after suffering (or dying ;) ) or did you pull that out of the ether?   

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yes, there have been many reports on this from doctors and nurses. They also report that many still don't believe they have Covid at the very end. They die denying it.