How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   129 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,068 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, yourkeau said:

1. Kids are mostly asymptomatic, so ideal superspreaders.

I have never really been sick but since my kid started KITA he seems to bring something new back home every week. Bloody kids.

Although kids are indeed mostly asymptomatic, which one would assume makes them superspreaders, the evidence thus far seems to suggest that not to really be the case. They seem to be average spreaders. Maybe because so many adults are also asymptomatic. Going forward though, once all adults are vaccinated then maybe kids will become where covid does its best spreading, we'll see I guess. Unless vaccination becomes available to all ages, then maybe we won't.

40 minutes ago, theGman said:

I have never really been sick but since my kid started KITA he seems to bring something new back home every week. Bloody kids.

Although kids are indeed mostly asymptomatic, which one would assume makes them superspreaders, the evidence thus far seems to suggest that not to really be the case. They seem to be average spreaders. Maybe because so many adults are also asymptomatic. Going forward though, once all adults are vaccinated then maybe kids will become where covid does its best spreading, we'll see I guess. Unless vaccination becomes available to all ages, then maybe we won't.

This is what I meant and was immediately barked at by the antivax crowd. 

Yes, other things equal, a child does not contagion more people than an adult, and some research shows a child contagion fewer people. this is true, and in this sense, I shouldn't have used the word "superspreader". 

What I meant is that other things are not equal: adults, except those who are mentally children, wear a mask, practice social distancing and do everything to stop spreading the virus. You cannot expect the same level of compliance from kids (especially small ones), so it is easier to vaccinate them than demand they follow the rules and do not play with each other. 

Since vaccine was not available until now for kids, the governments closed schools and kindergardens creating a huge burden for parents (who still have a job). Single mothers have it especially hard. 

Even when it is correct, there is no epidemiological sense to vaccinate kids fast, there is economic and mental sense to do this. 

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Single mothers have it especially hard.

Single mothers and fathers have it especially hard.

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Even when it is correct, there is no epidemiological sense to vaccinate kids fast, there is economic and mental sense to do this. 

You make sense but don´t expect any sensible answers from the usual crowd.

Also what people forget is the more you let a virus run free the more it mutates and we have already seen what harm the mutations do.It doesn´t affect most kids badly at the moment but who knows what can happen in the future if left to run unchecked.

12 hours ago, Keleth said:

So rather than open up the world bit by bit you would rather wait until every country had 0 new cases then open it up as 1 ?

Do you assume then that as soon as you have 0 new Covid cases then that it is,done dusted,stop vaccination,open borders etc ?

UK also had a day with 0 new cases,today they had 5600 new cases.

No, these all seem to be proposals by you, not me. 

The UK have never had a day of 0 cases, you're confused or in a bit of tizz.  Take a breath.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Single mothers and fathers have it especially hard.

A friend of mine is a single father (long story, wife passed away) who is raising two by now teen aged kids. With Covid going on he's getting the full experience.

2 minutes ago, bennetn said:

No, these all seem to be proposals by you, not me. 

The UK have never had a day of 0 cases, you're confused or in a bit of tizz.  Take a breath.

Sorry yes 0 deaths.

So expand then on your theory of Israel instead of vaccinating kids (wont go over the benefits of that as Yorkeau has done that) they give the vaccines away ?

This is what I meant and was immediately barked at by the antivax crowd. 

Yes, other things equal, a child does not contagion more people than an adult, and some research shows a child contagion fewer people. this is true, and in this sense, I shouldn't have used the word "superspreader". 

What I meant is that other things are not equal: adults, except those who are mentally children, wear a mask, practice social distancing and do everything to stop spreading the virus. You cannot expect the same level of compliance from kids (especially small ones), so it is easier to vaccinate them than demand they follow the rules and do not play with each other. 

Since vaccine was not available until now for kids, the governments closed schools and kindergardens creating a huge burden for parents (who still have a job). Single mothers have it especially hard. 

It might have been what you meant but what you actually said, well wrote, was "kids are superspreaders" which doesn't mean the same at all.

Write what you mean and you'll not have the "antivax" crowd "barking" at you...not that ýou would ever call someone anti vaxxer without a good reason - or did you mean that differently also?

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Sorry yes 0 deaths.

So expand then on your theory of Israel instead of vaccinating kids (wont go over the benefits of that as Yorkeau has done that) they give the vaccines away ?

Think the theory was quite clear - there's more of pressing need to deliver vaccines throughout the world to prevent more deaths and mutations than there is a need to vaccinate kids.

Are you sure Yorkeau meant the right benefits?

18 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Think the theory was quite clear - there's more of pressing need to deliver vaccines throughout the world to prevent more deaths and mutations than there is a need to vaccinate kids.

Speaking about delivery of vaccines throughout the world: US government has suspended patents for COVID vaccines citing pandemic as emergency. 

EU: against.  

So much about the delivery of vaccines to the world. 

58 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Speaking about delivery of vaccines throughout the world: US government has suspended patents for COVID vaccines citing pandemic as emergency. 

Whataboutism? 

Pfizer starts clinical trials for children under 11 years old:

The Phase 1/2/3 dose-escalation study in healthy children six months old to 11 years will evaluate the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine on a two-dose schedule (approximately 21 days apart) in three age groups:

• Children ages 5 to 11 years
  • 2 to 5 years
  • And 6 months to 2 years
    • Children younger than 6 months of age may subsequently be evaluated, once an acceptable safety profile has been established.

https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine/additional-population-studies

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Has the EU or the USA delivered half their production to the world?

35 minutes ago, jeba said:

Has the EU or the USA delivered half their production to the world?

Since half of zero is also zero, the answer to this strange question is "yes".

If you mean COVAX by WHO, the major supplier is not the EU factories but the Serum Institute of India. But India is still in Corona emergency, so it banned all exports, and for now COVAX deliveries are halted. Failed EU asked India to lift export controls to buy additional 10 million doses. 

15 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Since half of zero is also zero, the answer to this strange question is "yes".

So far, more than 200 million vaccine doses produced in Europe have been delivered to the rest of the world. (deepl tarnslation)

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/germany/news/20210506-impfstoffpatente_de

And that was the status as of more than one month ago.

I am also following Von Den Leyen, the woman who is failing the vaccination campaign. The EU does not own any vaccine-producing companies that supply vaccines to the world. Ursula Von Den Leyen failed to secure vaccine contracts, and as a result, the EU has no vaccines. Now she is blaming the companies for her failure. 

What the EU could have done? Now, I am not advocating vaccine nationalism (it is just as bad as vaccine communism). Direct investment in production facilities in June/August 2020 would have helped a lot*. the companies do not have so much money, the EU does. Instead, it spent time negotiating contracts to get the lowest price possible. This works when you are negotiating tomatoes and olive oil. Here it failed. 

*even when it does not reduce the systematic failed science funding in Europe, as a result, scientists leave for the US (the situation which Trump temporarily "fixed"). 

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/germany/news/20210506-impfstoffpatente_de

And that was the status as of more than one month ago.

That's not what it says, it says they have produced 200 million, not that they have exported that much.

It's smoke and mirrors from her to cover up the glaring mistakes they've made anyway, it should also read produced or packaged in the EU as they rely upon non EU production of the component parts for the vaccines.  That wouldn't fit her covering her arse narrative though.

2 hours ago, bennetn said:

That's not what it says,

??? What´s not what it says? It was a quote and you´re saying the quote isn´t what has been quoted?

Let me repeat it and include the next sentence as well:

So far, more than 200 million vaccine doses produced in Europe have been delivered to the rest of the world. Europe exports as much vaccine as it vaccinates within its borders

The EU does not own any vaccine-producing companies that supply vaccines to the world.

But there are manufacturing plants which exports it could ban. Just as Biden stopped US producers to export raw materials for vaccines before US clients were satisfied.

I am also following Von Den Leyen, the woman who is failing the vaccination campaign. The EU does not own any vaccine-producing companies that supply vaccines to the world. Ursula Von Den Leyen failed to secure vaccine contracts, and as a result, the EU has no vaccines. Now she is blaming the companies for her failure. 

What the EU could have done?

If you thought that Trump, Obama, Biden, Brexit, BoJo supporters or sworn enemies were dogmatic, you are about to learn that for some people, the EU can do no wrong.   

Good luck.   😂