How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   132 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,105 posts in this topic

Let's go back to the topic: 

5,455,759 Israelis trusted science so far (got at least 1 vaccine dose).

For the first time, no local COVID cases were registered

For the first time since the pandemic began, no new local coronavirus cases were identified in Israel on Saturday, according to an update by the Health Ministry, as the number of active patients in the country dropped to 230.
All four virus carriers whose tests returned positive on Saturday were people coming from abroad.

Israel Begins Coronavirus Vaccination Campaign for 12-15 Year-olds

Israel has begun vaccinating teenagers aged 12 to 15 against COVID-19, following the publication of a promising study that demonstrates the vaccine is not as harmful as initially thought for young males. 

There are 600,000 12-15 year-olds in Israel, and 10,000 vaccine appointments have been booked for children in the age group so far. 

Meanwhile the Cypriot vaccination program will be stopped tomorrow due to strike action. Unbelievable. Next time there is a fire the fire brigade may start negotiating for higher wages rather than extinguishing it.

Are they even allowed to strike? 

In Israel the doctors cannot go on strike in times of medical emergency, the government can even ban them from travelling abroad (did happen during peak times of the pandemic). They can only do an Italian strike (work very slowly and according to the protocol). 

21 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Let's go back to the topic: 

5,455,759 Israelis trusted science so far (got at least 1 vaccine dose).

For the first time, no local COVID cases were registered

Israel Begins Coronavirus Vaccination Campaign for 12-15 Year-olds

Doesn't the first headline negate the use of the second?

There's enough adults dying around the world who would be better served getting the vaccines reserved for a group of people who don't actually need it themselves.

32 minutes ago, bennetn said:

There's enough adults dying around the world who would be better served getting the vaccines reserved for a group of people who don't actually need it themselves.

So ban all Israelis leaving the country and allow no one into Israel ?

Also just because there were no new cases what about all the people who have at this moment in time in Israel got Covid ?

What about the probably many people with Covid who don´t even know they have it ?

Vaccines are to protect people in the future not to wipe out Covid today.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

I wrote several times in the thread I do not believe in vaccine communism. As EU failed vaccination campaign shows when you start sorting out who "deserves" the vaccines and who does not, in the end, nobody gets anything. 

Correct policy is to vaccinate everybody including children, the stress should be on "fast", not on "who deserves what". This was delayed because there was no proper authorization for under 16 y.o. Obviously, if the vaccine had been approved for 12 y.o. half a year ago, I am pretty sure we would have reached the current state much earlier (and saved more people as a result). 

16 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I wrote several times in the thread I do not believe in vaccine communism. As EU failed vaccination campaign shows when you start sorting out who "deserves" the vaccines and who does not, in the end, nobody gets anything. 

Correct policy is to vaccinate everybody including children, the stress should be on "fast", not on "who deserves what". This was delayed because there was no proper authorization for under 16 y.o. Obviously, if the vaccine had been approved for 12 y.o. half a year ago, I am pretty sure we would have reached the current state much earlier (and saved more people as a result). 

Why are you putting quotes around "deserve" like I had used that word?

Don't know why you think that doing this half a year ago would have impacted the numbers that much or are you using the pie in the sky numbers about how much spread and deaths are from the 12-16 year old groups?  The policy of vaccinating everyone is correct, if anyone wants it they should have access to it but it still remains a choice the policy is to enable that choice.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

So ban all Israelis leaving the country and allow no one into Israel ?

Also just because there were no new cases what about all the people who have at this moment in time in Israel got Covid ?

What about the probably many people with Covid who don´t even know they have it ?

Vaccines are to protect people in the future not to wipe out Covid today.

Is that your solution?  Sure there are others, how about vaccinating the rest of the world so borders do not need to remain closed..as an example?

Why are you putting quotes around "deserve" like I had used that word?

I referred to the EU failed vaccination campaign, not you. 

Don't know why you think that doing this half a year ago would have impacted the numbers that much or are you using the pie in the sky numbers about how much spread and deaths are from the 12-16 year old groups? 

I am happy to explain: schools and kindergartens have been virus superspreaders long before this pandemic.

Regarding this pandemic:

1. Kids are mostly asymptomatic, so ideal superspreaders. You can follow all the rules, FFP2 masks, etc, but your kid will bring the virus to you. 

2. You also cannot really force the kids to wear masks and follow all the rules. Adults break the rules all the time, for kids it is safer to assume they won't follow any rules.  

3. Yes, I get that your logic is that Oma will get the virus, Oma will die, let's vaccinate Oma. But Oma is at home all day except groceries with the mask, how will she get the virus? Yes, from her lovely grandchildren. 

Isn't vaccinating grandchildren important? 

If we really get to speculate who should get the vaccine first, it will be potential superspreaders, those who have contact with other people. Regardless of age. 

45 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

. Kids are mostly asymptomatic, so ideal superspreaders.

That´s a questionable claim. According to what I remember this isn´t the case.

46 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

If we really get to speculate who should get the vaccine first, it will be potential superspreaders, those who have contact with other people. Regardless of age

That´s ignoring the fact that the risk/benefit ratio for kids is different and we don´t know yet how much different. If my kids were still small I´d at least wait until there is a better basis for assessing it (won´t be long given that US kids are being vaccinated already). Don´t forget that in Germany vaccinations according to current rules must have a positive risk/benefit ratio at the individual level, not merely at the epidemiological one.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I referred to the EU failed vaccination campaign, not you. 

I am happy to explain: schools and kindergartens have been virus superspreaders long before this pandemic.

Regarding this pandemic:

1. Kids are mostly asymptomatic, so ideal superspreaders. You can follow all the rules, FFP2 masks, etc, but your kid will bring the virus to you. 

2. You also cannot really force the kids to wear masks and follow all the rules. Adults break the rules all the time, for kids it is safer to assume they won't follow any rules.  

3. Yes, I get that your logic is that Oma will get the virus, Oma will die, let's vaccinate Oma. But Oma is at home all day except groceries with the mask, how will she get the virus? Yes, from her lovely grandchildren. 

Isn't vaccinating grandchildren important? 

If we really get to speculate who should get the vaccine first, it will be potential superspreaders, those who have contact with other people. Regardless of age. 

Absolutely baseles nonsense, go to bed.

13 minutes ago, jeba said:

That´s a questionable claim. According to what I remember this isn´t the case.

That´s ignoring the fact that the risk/benefit ratio for kids is different and we don´t know yet how much different. If my kids were still small I´d at least wait until there is a better basis for assessing it (won´t be long given that US kids are being vaccinated already). Don´t forget that in Germany vaccinations according to current rules must have a positive risk/benefit ratio at the individual level, not merely at the epidemiological one.

It's beyond questionable, it's just nonsense.

It ignores all the actual facts by actual scientists to try and justify a position.

The process is very slow though. I am on 4 waiting lists and have been waiting over 4 weeks. Still no appointment yet :(

1 hour ago, jeba said:

If my kids were still small I´d at least wait until there is a better basis for assessing it

Define small? The Zulassung is valid for 12 y.o. at the moment, I my book this does not constitute "small".

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

This conspiracy theory that schools and children are COVID superspreaders has been debunked by Scientists.   

Please follow Science and quit spreading falsehoods to promote fear in your "war" <giggle>.

8 hours ago, bennetn said:

Is that your solution?  Sure there are others, how about vaccinating the rest of the world so borders do not need to remain closed..as an example?

So rather than open up the world bit by bit you would rather wait until every country had 0 new cases then open it up as 1 ?

Do you assume then that as soon as you have 0 new Covid cases then that it is,done dusted,stop vaccination,open borders etc ?

UK also had a day with 0 new cases,today they had 5600 new cases.