How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,066 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, john g. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57106803

I wonder how this will pan out!!

This could have been held at Wembley.

But the UK govt (rightly) wanted the UEFA officials and their sponsor guests to quarantine (officials and guests from many countries) and UEFA putting the welfare of their money and enjoyment first thought it a better idea to have a match involving 2 English teams be held in Portugal who won´t require the quarantine.

6 hours ago, balticus said:

The CDC has lost a lot of credibility.

If I had to give 8 billion people just one of one thing, the task would be nearly impossible.  How would you go about giving every person in the world one penny?  and do it while those without a penny were dying?

Now, instead of a penny, let's make it a time and temperature sensitive product that can only be administered by trained technicians...and do it for the first time ever....8 billion times...and get it right 8 billion times.

13 minutes ago, catjones said:

If I had to give 8 billion people just one of one thing, the task would be nearly impossible.  How would you go about giving every person in the world one penny?  and do it while those without a penny were dying?

Now, instead of a penny, let's make it a time and temperature sensitive product that can only be administered by trained technicians...and do it for the first time ever...8 billion times...and get it right 8 billion times.

Rest your fingers, catjones. He doesn't want answers - he's just here to spread FUD.

17 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Rest your fingers, catjones. He doesn't want answers - he's just here to spread FUD.

balticus:    The Director of the CDC giving a fearful warning against "impending doom" is ridiculous and in retrospect (like other warnings of doom) completely inaccurate.

El Jeffo:     Your rejection of fear mongering is spreading FUD.   

17 hours ago, catjones said:

Now, instead of a penny, let's make it a time and temperature sensitive product that can only be administered by trained technicians...and do it for the first time ever...8 billion times...and get it right 8 billion times.

The CDC Directory is responsible for the optimization of health outcomes for US citizens and not 8 billion citizens.   In addition, the fatality rate of COVID is around 1 in 5000 in the US, so in your example,  1 of the 5000 without a penny dies, not all of them.    Exaggeration erodes trust.   

Making outrageous predictions, and politicizing the topic may not be the best way to earn the public or global trust.   People won't get on board with initiatives which require sacrifice if the initiator is not considered sincere, honest, and non-hostile.  

23 hours ago, Keleth said:

This could have been held at Wembley.

But the UK govt (rightly) wanted the UEFA officials and their sponsor guests to quarantine (officials and guests from many countries) and UEFA putting the welfare of their money and enjoyment first thought it a better idea to have a match involving 2 English teams be held in Portugal who won´t require the quarantine.

We can only hope that the teams stay well away from all the sponsors and guests - although I doubt very much it will happen. 

5 hours ago, balticus said:

balticus:    The Director of the CDC giving a fearful warning against "impending doom" is ridiculous and in retrospect (like other warnings of doom) completely inaccurate.

El Jeffo:     Your rejection of fear mongering is spreading FUD.   

The CDC Directory is responsible for the optimization of health outcomes for US citizens and not 8 billion citizens.   In addition, the fatality rate of COVID is around 1 in 5000 in the US, so in your example,  1 of the 5000 without a penny dies, not all of them.    Exaggeration erodes trust.   

Making outrageous predictions, and politicizing the topic may not be the best way to earn the public or global trust.   People won't get on board with initiatives which require sacrifice if the initiator is not considered sincere, honest, and non-hostile.  

On 5/14/2021, 9:24:01, Metall said:

We don't know a damn thing about Covid and the new vaccines, interactions etc. Wait for the studies.

On 5/8/2021, 11:12:34, Wulfrun said:

antimaskers.jpg.5bd15489caf5ae8986b91199

On 5/12/2021, 6:39:31, Metall said:

Guys, I am sorry to have to tell you this but them people from Star Trek are not real warp drive engineers or doctors, they are actors.

They get paid for pretending to be people.

You do know that when Dr. Spock beams them up it's not real, don't you? 

47 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Guys, I am sorry to have to tell you this but them people from Star Trek are not real warp drive engineers or doctors, they are actors.

Pull the other one, you will be telling us next that Spock hasn't really got pointy ears.:D

Does anyone know when priority group 4 will be able to get immunised in Germany? I think it is different from state to state. Also heard a rumour that by mid summer everyone will be eligible to get vaccinated if they want to?

1 hour ago, Anna66 said:

Does anyone know when priority group 4 will be able to get immunised in Germany? I think it is different from state to state. Also heard a rumour that by mid summer everyone will be eligible to get vaccinated if they want to?

They started already with AZ for everyone. You might want to register at https://sofort-impfen.de/

1 hour ago, Anna66 said:

If you are cool with astra, ask your GP. I heard that my GP had trouble filling 20 slots.

2 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Also heard a rumour that by mid summer everyone will be eligible to get vaccinated if they want to?

That's wrong, you will be eligible much sooner. They will ran out of prio 3 by end of month or mid June.

22 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

That's wrong, you will be eligible much sooner. They will ran out of prio 3 by end of month or mid June.

I just read on the news that in NS they have 600.000 people on the waiting list and they are putting first vaccinations on the back burner to concentrate on 2nd shots for a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

I just read on the news that in NS they have 600.000 people on the waiting list and they are putting first vaccinations on the back burner to concentrate on 2nd shots for a couple of weeks.

That makes sense. Just painful to watch how slow the roll out is in Germany :(

Hope to get an appointment soon.

I'm in Baden-Württemberg. Because of our jobs both myself and Mrs Chelski were moved into priority group 2. We made our vaccination appointments within hours of the announcement:

1. We both had Aztra Zeneca first time around. A little bit of sleepyness, sore arm and that was it.

2. After the AZ fears we were both recommended for the Moderna booster. That bad boy is a whammy. We both spent a day in bed feeling like the worst hangover ever, then it was gone.

We're both now fully vaccinated.

So to answer the question "How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?"

Me and Mrs Chelski.

Looking at the scientific data it was pretty obvious that we had a greater chance of dying from Covid-19... than dying from the vaccine.

Hope that helps. :)

Dr Spock was a real doctor.  Mr Spock was on Enterprise, but -  Spocky, beam me up!  Nah, doesn't sound right, somehow...