How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   124 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,541 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bennetn said:

So now vaccines are comparable to putting on your car seat?  What are the possible side effects for the billions of people who put on a car seat?  What unknown phsyical attributes will cause the car seat to strangle them for instance?

Seatbelts and airbags were tested extensively over many years.  

mRNA vaccines haven't been.

51 minutes ago, john g. said:

No further questions, m’lady. 
Fears some people have v. your apparent support for deliberately  brutal killers. 
Nuff said.

#disengage.   😂

Fortunately, I’ve never been  “engaged “ to the lady! Have been married elsewhere here and there in my life!😂

8 hours ago, bennetn said:

So not agreeing to forcing millions of children in their development years to take a vaccine against a disease that does not affect them, is not even proven to be long term effective, with no long term studies or mass trails and that's currently only in use with emergency approval makes you anti-vaxxer and a mass murderer.  

..and everyone else are the idiots :D

So you are being offered a cure against global pandemic which affected the lives of thousands, restricted global travel, created mass unemployment.

And you are being offered something (for free!) that can stop it. In the worst case it won't, so have nothing to loose, zero, nothing.

Whatever argument you have against, makes you an antivaxxer.

But, just for fun, what is your argument against the vaccine?

P.S. There was an argument, that vaccine should not be offered free. If it cost 1000 dollars per dose, the would have been long lines to get it. People are idiots.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Seatbelts and airbags were tested extensively over many years.  

mRNA vaccines haven't been.

In 1970s the same idiots were making absurd claims like seat belt will kill you if your car turns upside down, you will not be able to escape.

So, you need decades of testing and then you stop being an idiot? So, you want live like that in a pandemic for 5-10-20 years?

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

In 1970s the same idiots were making absurd claims like seat belt will kill you if your car turns upside down, you will not be able to escape.

So, you need decades of testing and then you stop being an idiot? So, you want live like that in a pandemic for 5-10-20 years?

I wear a seat belt when i travel by car, which is not often.   A seatbelt does not restrict my breathing and because i am not obese, it is not a discomfort.  I wear a bike helmet too. 

If others believe that their cost/benefit situation is better off with other choices, i can accept that.   

There were some idiots who failed to "recognize Phyics" and thought Chernobyl was dangerous.  ;) 

Keep worshipping the oligarchy, Comrade.   

4 hours ago, JG52 said:

Sorry...I'm throwing the bullshit flag on this

When looking into the advisability of getting rear facing car seats which would last up until age 3 or so, as commonly used in the Nordic countries, I read much stuff on this (largely as I remember from Euro NCAP, but this was 20 years ago - could have been my German driving instructor in the theory part, I suppose) and this was a thing I remember and found very odd. The incidence of being 'better off without a belt' was tiny - negligible in relation to the vast advantages of wearing one. 

This was rather the point I was trying to make, although this seems to have rather been lost in the reading. Hey ho.

At no point was I even slightly suggesting that people drove around without one, in fact the complete opposite. Again, hey ho.

33 minutes ago, kiplette said:

When looking into the advisability of getting rear facing car seats which would last up until age 3 or so, as commonly used in the Nordic countries, I read much stuff on this (largely as I remember from Euro NCAP, but this was 20 years ago - could have been my German driving instructor in the theory part, I suppose) and this was a thing I remember and found very odd. The incidence of being 'better off without a belt' was tiny - negligible in relation to the vast advantages of wearing one. 

This was rather the point I was trying to make, although this seems to have rather been lost in the reading. Hey ho.

At no point was I even slightly suggesting that people drove around without one, in fact the complete opposite. Again, hey ho.

I think there could be scenarios like if you end up in water maybe but like you said, probably rare.  

30 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Unfortunately, people still drive without restraints, some thinking they're safer with out seat belts, thinking the air bags are all the protection they need, thinking they are super safe drivers and nothing will happen to them on the short drive to the store, or those accidents happen to other people.  They might be right, and if their timing had been a little different, or they decided not to drive down a road where we had a sobriety checkpoint set up, they might have not been cited.

One early morning I was on my way home and a car with one headlight passed me in a construction zone.  It was about 0400 and I noticed the car did not have any lights in the rear.  My intention was to stop the driver and ask if the emergency flashers worked so I could follow the car home and issue a warning instead of a citation.  As soon as I walked up to the car, the charming woman, with cigarette dangling from her lips, shouted "Just give me the fucking ticket and leave me alone!"   I hadn't even said a word to her, but I immediately noticed she wasn't wearing her seat belt and neither were any of the six children in the car.  Two were young or small enough to require a car seat, yet they were standing on the rear bench seat jumping up and down and there were two children in the front passenger seat.  Change in plans.  She didn't have her license with her, but I took her information and the car registration back to my cruiser.

Her driving privilege was suspended because of a recent second DUI conviction, the car did not have a valid inspection sticker, the county tax sticker was two years out of date, the license plates were issued to an RV, none of the seven occupants were wearing seat belts, and she had equipment violations because of the lights.  I had the car towed because she didn't have anyone who could come drive the car after I removed the plates.  I called Child Protective Services to take the children to the shelter, and I arrested her for driving while suspended.  I pulled into my driveway at 0730.

At her trial, the Judge was not very pleased with her, but gave her a dressing down for driving with six children bouncing around in the car.  She was sentenced to 12 months in the Adult Detention Center, with all but 30 days suspended pending good behavior.  Her driving privilege was suspended for five years.  I can't remember the amount of the fine; however, all but $300 was suspended.  Because two of the seven seat belt citations I issued were for not having child seats, the State gave her two car seats.  The child car seat program is funded exclusively by fines for seat belt violations, which were about $25 for each offense and no court costs.  The program provides great seats, which in the mid-90's retailed for about $600 each.  This means 48 violations paid for her child car seats.

Topics merged by admin

is there any statistics which  vaccine killed less people?

what I was seeing is that Pfizer and AstraZeneca are mRNA based and caused blood clots 

while Chinese sinoparma is deactivated virus like flu shot, which may be better option

any suggestions?

just reading

Johnson & Johnson vaccine linked to 28 cases of blood clots, CDC reports

is there any trustful statistics which vaccine caused how many death?

42 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Not another fucking Q!

What do you mean Sir ? what is Q?

8 hours ago, yourkeau said:

So you are being offered a cure against global pandemic which affected the lives of thousands, restricted global travel, created mass unemployment.

And you are being offered something (for free!) that can stop it. In the worst case it won't, so have nothing to loose, zero, nothing.

Whatever argument you have against, makes you an antivaxxer.

But, just for fun, what is your argument against the vaccine?

To be fair, vaccination for young children is not as easy a decision as it is for adults. Firstly, because nobody knows how it would interfere with a developing immune system and secondly, because an argument can be made that there is no risk to children even if they are infected. The risk/benefit ratio for kids is very different and nobody currently knows how different. The vaccination could be seen as not being in their own interest but in the interest of the adults around them. If I still had young children I might well consider waiting until there will be more data or until new vaccines will be available. There are protein-based vaccines specifically for children under development. On the other hand not vaccinating them comes at a very high risk of being infected naturally. Which may be worse than having their immune system be interfered with by a vaccine (assuming the vaccine won´t do anything the virus wouldn´t do as well).

7 hours ago, alien7 said:

is there any statistics which  vaccine killed less people?

what I was seeing is that Pfizer and AstraZeneca are mRNA based and caused blood clots 

while Chinese sinoparma is deactivated virus like flu shot, which may be better option

any suggestions?

Johnson and Johnson's vaccine has been suspended in some places.   AZ vaccine as well, e.g. Alberta and Ontario in Canada.   

In addition to the Biontech and Moderna vaccines, the Sputnik was considered safe according to the Lancet, and Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines have been cleared by the SAGE group at the WHO.   

There are many complaints that the VAERS database (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) is not being updated in a timely fashion and some doctors are not filing reports at all.   

There is a lot of disparate information, a lot of competing interests, and a short timeline  which does not provide a full picture of long term effects. 

It can also be said that it is not unreasonable for a civil society to add a consideration for those parents that, if they choose not to vaccinate their children, opt-out as it were, then they are also opting their children out of in-person classes, public sports, and other programs.  These are not mutually exclusive things. They are hand-in-glove concepts.

Certainly, a parent may be able to retain the right to say no to participating in a vaccination program that exists for the public good, but there must be a concomitant loss of other exposure opportunities for the unvaccinated child. It's only sensible. 

And before anyone launches into a "but my tax dollars" argument,  my wife and I pay taxes for schools for children that we don't have and we do so gladly because we agree to the social contract. 

Hmm, would/should the parents who opted their child out of a covid vaccination be liable for damages if that child subsequently infected an adult or another child who passed it on to an adult?

13 hours ago, john g. said:

They never wear seat belts..” why, John? We drive carefully.”

There is of course no such thing as "other drivers on the same road".

I also claim to drive carefully (& wear a seat belt) but have had a number of "near misses" due to other drivers.

I also keep my seat belt attached in an aircraft until it reaches the gate & the engines are cut - unlike some clowns who undo their belts whilst the plane is still doing 80 knots on the runway.  I would always give evidence on behalf of the airline if anything happened.