How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,033 posts in this topic

There is justice in this world: those who cried "Blue Lives Matter" and "Law and Order" get law and order, as ordered. 

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

The Germans ask nicely first, then punish.

Just like it was with car seat belts: compulsory without a fine, then a fine, then 99% fasten their seat belts, even the most ideological Car Seat Belt Querdenker have recognized physics. 

It will be the same with the vaccine. 

P.S. So now that you're an antivaxxer, you are now pro EU? If you UK were in the EU now, it wouldn't have any British made vaccines available . 

So not agreeing to forcing millions of children in their development years to take a vaccine against a disease that does not affect them, is not even proven to be long term effective, with no long term studies or mass trails and that's currently only in use with emergency approval makes you anti-vaxxer and a mass murderer.  

..and everyone else are the idiots :D

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

The Germans ask nicely first, then punish.

Just like it was with car seat belts: compulsory without a fine, then a fine, then 99% fasten their seat belts, even the most ideological Car Seat Belt Querdenker have recognized physics. 

It will be the same with the vaccine. 

P.S. So now that you're an antivaxxer, you are now pro EU? If you UK were in the EU now, it wouldn't have any British made vaccines available . 

So now vaccines are comparable to putting on your car seat?  What are the possible side effects for the billions of people who put on a car seat?  What unknown phsyical attributes will cause the car seat to strangle them for instance?

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

So now vaccines are comparable to putting on your car seat?  What are the possible side effects for the billions of people who put on a car seat?  What unknown phsyical attributes will cause the car seat to strangle them for instance?

I cannot imagine why anyone would put on a car seat, not a very practical form of clothing, in fact I'm sure anyone wearing a car seat would look totally ridiculous. Also I was not aware that car seats even the electric ones, are sufficiently mobile enough to strangle someone!:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

So now vaccines are comparable to putting on your car seat?

It is not a useless comparison (excepting the above typo :lol:)

There are occasional situations in which being flung from the vehicle would be a major plus and a life saver. These situations are far far outweighed by the situations in which wearing a seat belt is a life saver. Over time, this has gone from being over-cautious behaviour to being law, partly because in some circumstances, an unsecured person in a car can kill other occupants during an emergency brake or crash, therefore your personal feelings about seatbelts are irrelevant.

There are occasional people for whom the vaccine produces a side effect which is a disaster, and therefore if they hadn't had it, this would have been a major plus and a life saver. These cases are far outweighed by the cases in which having the vaccine is a life saver, or a health system saver. The wider effect of vaccination is much greater than with the seatbelt. Your entire community's health is safeguarded by vaccination.

The YTD COVID Death Rate in the EU is ~2% (YTD Cases/YTD Deaths).

Capture.JPG

Can someone do the math for me?

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

It is not a useless comparison (excepting the above typo :lol:)

There are occasional situations in which being flung from the vehicle would be a major plus and a life saver. These situations are far far outweighed by the situations in which wearing a seat belt is a life saver. Over time, this has gone from being over-cautious behaviour to being law, partly because in some circumstances, an unsecured person in a car can kill other occupants during an emergency brake or crash, therefore your personal feelings about seatbelts are irrelevant.

There are occasional people for whom the vaccine produces a side effect which is a disaster, and therefore if they hadn't had it, this would have been a major plus and a life saver. These cases are far outweighed by the cases in which having the vaccine is a life saver, or a health system saver. The wider effect of vaccination is much greater than with the seatbelt. Your entire community's health is safeguarded by vaccination.

Except it's nothing like a comparison.  Seat belts were mandated by law to protect everyone involved in a crash from being injured or killed.

Forcing millions of kids to have vaccine against a disease that does not affect them is not comparable.

9 hours ago, AlexTr said:

@john g. What differentiates the anti-vaxxer and the COVID denier from any other mass murderer? Nothing. They know their actions will likely kill other people and yet have the nerve to say the equivalent of a mass shooter saying, "It was their fault for being in the way of my bullet."

Some awful news from Greece today:

https://greekreporter.com/2021/05/12/tragic-story-young-mother-murdered-next-to-baby-greece/

Are you truly comparing people who are worried about Corona and/or their fear of vaccines ( eg people with compromised health or distrust of Pharma companies ) with the perps in this story? 

3 hours ago, kiplette said:

Sorry...I'm throwing the bullshit flag on this, as this is the most common excuse I heard when issuing citations for drivers and/or passengers not wearing seatbelts.  My point of reference is from many years working as a Deputy Sheriff in the Patrol Division with hundreds of traffic accident investigations where I was the first responder or conducting the accident reconstruction.  I have NEVER unbuckled a dead person, and I have NEVER taken a statement from a person "flung" from the vehicle.  I have assembled body parts from people ejected from a vehicle and then killed because of the impact with a stationary object, crushed when the vehicle rolls over them, or they are ejected into oncoming traffic and run over.  A couple of 80,000 pound tractor trailers traveling at 65MPH can reduce a human body to small pieces faster than the trucks can come to a stop.  I accept there are likely vehicle accidents from which survival is impossible and wearing a seat belt and air bag would not have mattered, but I have never worked such a case.

Indeed. As a medical person, I have spoken to and treated a number of persons after car accidents where they didn't buckle up. Not a SINGLE one of them was "safely flung from the car". Locked doors, remember?

I have, however, taken X-rays of their fractured and monstrously swollen skulls and smashed faces, or helped sew their destroyed eyes shut (from going through the windshield or hitting a support inside the car they were supposed to be "flung from").

Took some of them to the morgue, too, which was the better deal for them.

I don't usually talk about stuff like this, because the snowflakes get all horrified at me being "too graphic". Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Metall said:

Indeed. As a medical person, I have spoken to and treated a number of persons after car accidents where they didn't buckle up. Not a SINGLE one of them was "safely flung from the car".

I have, however, taken X-rays of their fractured and monstrously swollen skulls and smashed faces, or helped sew their destroyed eyes shut (from going through the windshield or hitting a support inside the car they were supposed to be "flung from").

Took some of them to the morgue, too, which was the better deal for them.

I didn't usually talk about stuff like this, because the snowflakes get all horrified at me being "too graphic". Oh well.

Before the seatbelt law in the UK,  working in emergency was hell when car accident victims were brought in. All of the above, crushed chests etc. After the law- significant reduction in these injuries and increase in saved lives.

After seat-belt laws were introduced, driving speeds increased. More innocent cyclists and walkers were killed.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Yep. Any other questions?

No further questions, m’lady. 
Fears some people have v. your apparent support for deliberately  brutal killers. 
Nuff said.

48 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

After seat-belt laws were introduced, driving speeds increased. More innocent cyclists and walkers were killed.

Bullshit. Putting you on ignore now.

43 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Where? The tiny land in your mind?

We know a Dutch couple in our village - in their 60s.

They never wear seat belts..” why, John? We drive carefully.”

And yet, a contradiction.. they are so afraid of Corona , they no longer socialize with anyone -though restrictions have eased here.

PS: there are tons of reckless drivers here- Greece has some of the highest driving / death rates in Europe and always has done.