How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   129 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,066 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

The 20 days is currently. They said they can even shrink the timeline. Administering 70% of the population could be done in 2 months, if enough vaccines are available. Right now, with the limitation of vaccines, it is being done at a rate where 70% could be done in 3 months.

It's over! What remains are fears perpetuated by the media.

It has nothing to do with the media.

Your complete analysis hinges on assumptions that have yet to be confirmed. 

Assumption 1: You are assuming that 70% is sufficient for herd immunity. Some of the mutants require a higher percentage of the population to be vaccinated. 

Assumption 2: You are also assuming that 70% of the population is willing and able to be vaccinated. Germany might be able to compel vaccination for certain occupations, but due to its history will not be able to make them mandatory. 

Furthermore,  we need comprehensive plans on how to deal quickly with new mutants. 

Travel abroad requires a negative PCR test to board the plane (on departure and on arrival), and an additional PCR test on arrival. Arrivals from certain risk countries as well as non-vaccinated have to be quarantined in 2 weeks. 

Is Israel still enforcing the quarantine? I think this also plays a huge role. Germany relies on travellers complying with the regs, but doesn't have the ability to enforce them. 

How many more of its people will Israel be able to convince to get a vaccine? Will Israel be able to reach 70%?

1 hour ago, engelchen said:

Assumption 1: You are assuming that 70% is sufficient for herd immunity. Some of the mutants require a higher percentage of the population to be vaccinated. 

You see it in UK and Israel that numbers drop significantly above 55%. 70% is a good margin. Herd immunity does not mean zero cases, it means it can easily be contained.

Even more extreme, in many countries cases dropped steadly above 30% vaccination.

Assumption 2: You are also assuming that 70% of the population is willing and able to be vaccinated. Germany might be able to compel vaccination for certain occupations, but due to its history will not be able to make them mandatory. 

No, I'm assuming that if we don't get 70% vaccinated, the assholes that refuse it will have a shitty life.

And kids will be forced to take it to go to school.

23 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

You see it in UK and Israel that numbers drop significantly above 55%. 70% is a good margin. Herd immunity does not mean zero cases, it means it can easily be contained.

Even more extreme, in many countries cases dropped steadly above 30% vaccination.

No, I'm assuming that if we don't get 70% vaccinated, the assholes that refuse it will have a shitty life.

Germany is not going to force kids to get a vaccine to go to school.  Why do kids need vaccinating?  There's a discussion to be had whether anyone under 40 needs a vaccine as risk is so low and many in that group will not want to be vaccinated.

Is Israel still enforcing the quarantine? I think this also plays a huge role. Germany relies on travellers complying with the regs, but doesn't have the ability to enforce them. 

I am not sure how it is enforced now. In the beginning, it was like in Germany, then infections rose, so home quarantine was replaced with quarantine hotels. The army transported everyone from the airport to one of those hotels (since there were no tourists, the hotels were very willing to get the money from the Ministry of Health and host the quarantined people). Then the government closed the airport altogether (flying was allowed only for emergency and required prior authorization). 

Then they closed quarantine hotels, so I am not sure how it works now. I guess, home quarantine. Being caught for quarantine violation is a crime and results in a fine. 

How many more of its people will Israel be able to convince to get a vaccine? Will Israel be able to reach 70%?

Countrywide, I think, not. In certain municipalities, yes. In more well-off and educated villages/neighborhoods, it is above 85%. In cities with above 100'000 people, it is between 60 and 65%. 

21 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Germany is not going to force kids to get a vaccine to go to school. 

They already do it for Measles, so why not for Corona?

21 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Why do kids need vaccinating?  There's a discussion to be had whether anyone under 40 needs a vaccine as risk is so low and many in that group will not want to be vaccinated.

Because kids, especially the teenagers, are one of the major source of spreading.

3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Because kids, especially the teenagers, are one of the major source of spreading.

Because it's nothing like the same type of disease and it does not measurable effect children's lifes, never mind the social and political impact of such a move.

Who says that teenagers are the major source of spreading?  Who are they spreading it to?  How many lives have been lost due to teenagers spreading it?

13 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Who says that teenagers are the major source of spreading?  Who are they spreading it to?  How many lives have been lost due to teenagers spreading it?

RKI...

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-inzidenz-kinder-alter-kita-schule/

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Daten/Altersverteilung.html;jsessionid=AE3ECB16A7E2804963D5210ABECA741E.internet092?nn=13490888

It's a no brainer anyway... it was just hidden in the statistics because of assymptomatic cases. Now that everyone is tested more often, it shows up.

How many lifes were lost because of it? Perhaps half the casualties.

EDIT: I got a full table and calculated the percentage.

For the last week, children up to 19 represent 22% of new cases. Young adults represent 15%.

15 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

RKI...

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-inzidenz-kinder-alter-kita-schule/

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Daten/Altersverteilung.html;jsessionid=AE3ECB16A7E2804963D5210ABECA741E.internet092?nn=13490888

It's a no brainer anyway... it was just hidden in the statistics because of assymptomatic cases. Now that everyone is tested more often, it shows up.

How many lifes were lost because of it? Perhaps half the casualties.

EDIT: I got a full table and calculated the percentage.

For the last week, children up to 19 represent 22% of new cases. Young adults represent 15%.

That's current cases -right now - and with the R rate below 1 for quite some time and doesn't support your, quite ridiculous, assertions that half of all lives were lost due to teenagers spreading.  That also does not take into account that these are the only group allowed to mix.   Just try not pulling numbers out of your arse and stick to facts.

MikeMelga, you are being JAQued by an antivaxxer and COVID denier. Don't waste your time.

Time will show, who is an ideological antivaxx and is willing to sit at home all day and live off savings, and who is just defending their laziness, but will vaccinate to be able to go to a pub. 

9 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

MikeMelga, you are being JAQued by an antivaxxer and COVID denier. Don't waste your time.

Time will show, who is an ideological antivaxx and is willing to sit at home all day and live off savings, and who is just defending their laziness, but will vaccinate to be able to go to a pub. 

Another presumptious non fact based post.  I have already had my first dose.

23 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Tx, I actually had him on ignore, but for some reason, if I update the page using the forum "new updates" button, his post still shows up, so I didnt notice it.

26 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Tx, I actually had him on ignore, but for some reason, if I update the page using the forum "new updates" button, his post still shows up, so I didnt notice it.

Aww diddums doesn't like having to prove his "facts".

4 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

The fact that people actually think this way kind of terrifies me. :wacko:

Because the COVID vaccines have only been approved on an emergency basis.

There is no basis for that statement besides your back-of-the-napkin calculation.   Mulitiple studies have shown that kids are at low risk for infection and have not acted as transmitters to any significant degree. 

Let's see what Harvard has to say, shall we?

Are kids any more or less likely than adults to spread coronavirus?

Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection.

Though the recent studies varied in their methods, their findings were similar: infected children had as much, or more, coronavirus in their upper respiratory tracts as infected adults.

The amount of virus found in children — their viral load — was not correlated with the severity of their symptoms. In other words, more virus did not mean more severe symptoms.

Finding high amounts of viral genetic material — these studies measured viral RNA, not live virus — in kids does not prove that children are infectious. However, the presence of high viral loads in infected children does increase the concern that children, even those without symptoms, could readily spread the infection to others.

And the CDC-

Children & teens can get COVID-19.

While fewer children have been sick with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, can get sick from COVID-19, and can spread the virus that causes COVID-19 to others. Children, like adults, who have COVID-19 but have no symptoms (“asymptomatic”) can still spread the virus to others.

Most children with COVID-19 have mild symptoms or have no symptoms at all. However, some children can get severely ill from COVID-19. They might require hospitalization, intensive care, or a ventilator to help them breathe. In rare cases, they might die.

58 minutes ago, Jonny said:

The fact that people actually think this way kind of terrifies me. :wacko:

The fact that people don't understand that vaccination is not a personal choice terrifies me.

I'm just wondering how many asymptomatic people who actually had the virus have had two precious doses of the vaccine when one would have sufficed. I'm hoping not to have to have a second dose.

Why waste limited resources on refuseniks? Nature will sort them (and possibly their kith and kin) out eventually.

33 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Let's see what Harvard has to say, shall we?

And the CDC-

Those passages do not state that children make up a significant transmission vector or that their risk is the same as it is for adults or significant.   You have tried to rebut an argument that was not made.    

Children and teens can get COVID.   Children and teens can spread COVID.   It's just that it is not very likely and much less likely than for adults.   

17 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

The fact that people don't understand that vaccination is not a personal choice terrifies me.

Please elaborate.    It is not a legal requirement.   

This is pure misinformation.